Who's going down?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

I do some work for Hearn snr and Jnr, and work with people close to them (more on the boxing side of things). The guy that currently owns it has vast amounts of money,it seems to me hes just not prepared to put it into the club. Why should Hearn have to bail them out ? Whilst he was IC he kept them buoyant. Nobody who owns a football club should be as deluded to think they'll make any money. Shame tamplin didn't see it as an option,whatever you think of him I dare say theyd have got a couple more seasons out of him.Its a shame but if you cant afford a mansion don't live in one.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
ARNU

Chigwellian wrote:Reminds me a bit of the BHS fiasco.

Philip Green was in charge of BHS, but chose to sell the business onto a total clown, the rest is history
In my view, PG was 100% to blame

Barry Hearne was in charge of Orient, but chose to sell the business onto a total clown, the rest is... well, we will see
In my view, BH is 100% to blame
Strange logic ??

I sell you a car and you crash it who's the idiot ?
Chigwellian

ARNU wrote:

Philip Green was in charge of BHS, but chose to sell the business onto a total clown, the rest is history

Barry Hearne was in charge of Orient, but chose to sell the business onto a total clown, the rest is... well, we will see
Strange logic ??

You have missed my point... These people have a responsibility to the people who are in employment in their companies, therefore, once they chose to sell the said business, surely they must appoint a successor who meets the criteria that will serve the employees. i.e. ensure wages, pensions etc are paid

Selling me a car..... where's the logic in that?
RampantDuke

Chigwellian wrote:
ARNU wrote:

Strange logic ??

You have missed my point... These people have a responsibility to the people who are in employment in their companies, therefore, once they chose to sell the said business, surely they must appoint a successor who meets the criteria that will serve the employees. i.e. ensure wages, pensions etc are paid

Selling me a car..... where's the logic in that?
Both points here are very valid but there is an emotional issue here in that Hearn pretends to be a lifelong Orient fan but having made a £5 million profit out of them he seems to be happy to watch them go down the pan. I can only think that he is waiting for them to go pop so he won't have to buy them back off Bechetti or pay off any debts and then will bankroll their amazing Aldershot Town/Newport/Wimbledon phoenix from the flames act!
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
ARNU

Emotional,nostalgic and romantic..er....bollux !

Its business. Current owner thought it was a good idea to buy,clicked his heels as the deal went thru but it turned out he wasn't a good a businessman as Hearn.Hows that hearns fault ??

Back to my car analogy,I would never sell you knowingly faulty goods,I grew up with some morals and decency but if you bring it back 2 years later cos the battery died you can ****** off !!

Anyone buying Orient even when Hearn had it would know it was never gonna be easy.

Sold as seen,Buyer beware.
Alan

I'm with Arnu. Hearn owes them nothing.
NBDag

This is not the sale of a chattel it's the sale of a business and the responsibility over people's livelihoods. If you had morals you would realise that you have a duty of care to the employees when selling a company. You would imagine that Hearn cares about the future of the club and its employees after he sold up. They have jobs and support families. Due to this Hearn should have been 100% certain that the person taking over is able to run it properly and not screw over the employees. Hearn and The FA/EFL have failed orient with this, I don't know what is done in these tests but they clearly haven't done it properly to have failed so spectacularly.

Maybe a different way to look at it is if you put a kid up for adoption. You would make sure that whoever adopts them will take care of them well. Then if that kid turns out to me mistreated by the new parents then whoever let them adopt the kid has failed that child just as much as the new parents. You can't just say you're not to blame when you're no longer in charge.
Alan

NBDag wrote:This is not the sale of a chattel it's the sale of a business and the responsibility over people's livelihoods. If you had morals you would realise that you have a duty of care to the employees when selling a company. You would imagine that Hearn cares about the future of the club and its employees after he sold up. They have jobs and support families. Due to this Hearn should have been 100% certain that the person taking over is able to run it properly and not screw over the employees. Hearn and The FA/EFL have failed orient with this, I don't know what is done in these tests but they clearly haven't done it properly to have failed so spectacularly.

Maybe a different way to look at it is if you put a kid up for adoption. You would make sure that whoever adopts them will take care of them well. Then if that kid turns out to me mistreated by the new parents then whoever let them adopt the kid has failed that child just as much as the new parents. You can't just say you're not to blame when you're no longer in charge.

I do have morals. What I have is a different view of the responsibility that Hearn owes to a former business which he sold to a man who invested into it but hadn't seen the return he expected and has stopped throwing money at it. People become irrational when a business involves 11 men kicking a bag of wind about.

Actually, if your child is adopted it's the local authority, not the birth parents, who select the adoptive parents, so its like the scenario where the FA/Football League have to approve a change of ownership.
NBDag

Wasn't saying you specifically. Was saying in general as morals have been mentioned. Your local authority point agrees with mine. It's the people who make the decision on the transaction that should shoulder part of the blame. In Orient's case that is Hearn and The FA/EFL
durnzo

I agree that in purely business/logical terms hearn doesn't owe them anything, and im a big fan of him and Eddie (boxing is my favourite sport), but I personally think, as soppy as it may be, that rather than resigning a vanity post he could actually do something with real meaning and cover the wages of the staff who haven't been paid.

How many people can they employ? And what sort of salary are they on? I reckon it would be absolutely peanuts to him and make the world of difference to them. That would mean more than a resignation from a position that very few knew he had.

Again, I'm a Barry hearn fan and I understand that he's under no obligation to do anything and that's why he's a successful business man, fair play, but there's actual low wage, working class people who have turned up to work everyday and done their bit and continued after who are still not getting paid. Surely if he was as Orient as he says he is he could help them out. Plus he'd get a lot of good press, so not doing it for nothing.

Or maybe I'm getting soft in my old age, either way I've been knocked for wages before and it's a horrible thing to happen. You can go skint very quickly!!!
ARNU

What about all the years Hearn subsidised that club and the jobs he kept going all those years ?

The culprit here is the arsewipe who runs it now. He has bundles of cash.

I'd like to think it's cos I'm a bit biased but actually I don't think it is. Hearn only ever did good for orient.
RampantDuke

Arnu - I see what you are saying but you miss my point in that Hearn is a supposed fan of the club and not just a business mean who has sold a cold hard asset. If it was just business then fair enough. If Abramovich sells Chelsea then I would have no doubt that this is just business and wouldn't expect him to give two shits about what happens to it in the future. Hearn says he is a lifelong fan. If you personally sold the Daggers to someone like Tamplin and he runs it in to the ground then wouldn't you feel bad or would you just say 'it's business'?
Alan

He might well be gutted. But given that he owns the ground, I reckon Mr Hearn is thinking a step or 2 ahead.
RampantDuke

Alan wrote:He might well be gutted. But given that he owns the ground, I reckon Mr Hearn is thinking a step or 2 ahead.
That was exactly my point on the first post. I honestly think he is waiting for the club to go pop and then to take over, having trousered the £5 million from Bechetti and form AFC Orient! Look at Wimbledon - what fun they have had in the past 10 years!
NickMurphy

Answering the original question, I think that Woking may drop on Saturday.

Torquay at home to Ferriby, Guiseley at home to Solihull and York at home to FGR all look like winnable games to me (York less so, but they'll have a big crowd and will be more up for it than FGR). Woking would need a point here.