Who's going down?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Paul from Barking

Southport are down without doubt, North Ferriby need a mathematical miracle to escape now too - but of the others down there, which other teams are your fancies for demotion - and why.

My gut feeling is Torquay and Solihull.

But there are lots of permutations
leewilson

I think the loser of the Guiseley and Solihull game on the final day will be relegated along with Torquay.

Woking vs York on the 2nd last game is big although I think both will survive.
DevonDagger

Saddens me a little to say Torquay are probably gone. My Dad's a lifelong fan and tells me the team and the manager have given it everything (almost beating Lincoln today being no fluke) but it sounds like unfortunately their new owners have little to no interest in footballing matters. It's even gone as far as suggesting the board told the manager (Kevin Nicholson) would only be able to sign new players if he took a cut on his own contract one way or another (word is they want to sack him, but also don't want to pay him off). Torquay's miracle escape last season was under a board of lifelong fans with no money, but everyone pushing in the same direction secured survival. A group of property developers seeming more interested in the land than on-field matters makes me feel this season will not be a repeat of last.
All this happened/is happening as we Daggers begin life under what appears currently to be very stable ownership under Glyn Hopkin. When I look at Torquay now, I feel very grateful for the position we find ourselves now.

I said on these forums York would still go down, but I'm now convinced that is probably wrong. I personally think Braintree will be the other team.
Paul from Barking

It'll be very sad if Garry brings his side to Victoria Road needing something and we send him down - I hope he gets what they need elsewhere. I like the bloke. Nice fellow.
Lcbdagger

I'd expect the last game of the season to be played at holiday pace from us if we're in the playoffs by then... Fully expect Woking to beat us if they need something to stay up
RM1Dagger

Well it looks grim now for Braintree who will have to get an unlikely win at Aldershot to stand any chance. York also up against it hosting FGR which they may well win but you've got to fancy Torquay and Guiesley to win their respective home games against North Ferriby and Solihull.. Ironically Woking could yet be the fall guys- I hope we don't roll over for them...
Now the SE27 Dagger
Pondfield Dagger

3 home wins for the teams below woking and they will be in danger.

Any Gary Hill haters still about?

Guiseley v Solihull Moors
Torquay United v North Ferriby United
York City v Forest Green Rovers
DevonDagger

I've been awful at predicting this. Said Torquay had pretty much gone, now surely must be odds-on to stay up.

When we played York during thier good run I said they would still go down, and now they're back in the drop zone. So who knows maybe I wrote off that too early in my previous post.
I can't see Braintree getting out of it now.

It's going to be very interesting though. Solihull have won two on the bounce now so that could send down Guiseley if results go against them.
Paul from Barking

I think the 2 there now won't escape - 2 relegations in 2 seasons for York.... Long suffering at KitKat Crescent - give them a break....
Auntie Merge

Of course, if Leyton Orient go completely, there might be an AGM cup this year, with one team getting a reprieve from relegation.
Paul from Barking

I will be really sad if Orient go pop entirely. There is a great deal of history there and it will be terribly sad for football.

Is Barry Hearn still involved at Orient?
Dagger Steve

Paul from Barking wrote:I will be really sad if Orient go pop entirely. There is a great deal of history there and it will be terribly sad for football.

Is Barry Hearn still involved at Orient?
No. That's the problem.
durnzo

I know Barry hearn didn't mean for it to happen, but it is partly his fault. I think he should take some of the mountains of cash he makes from the darts and help them out. At least cover the unpaid wages of the staff. But, then that's why he's a successful business man and I'm lucky I got my mortgage when they were literally giving them away before the last recession!!!
durnzo

He resigned today as the honorary, lifetime chairman (I think that was his title anyway) stating he can't be involved with a club who doesn't Pay it's staffs wages. A nice gesture, but I can't see the banks of said employees taking nice gestures as payment. Sad state of affairs.
Chigwellian

Reminds me a bit of the BHS fiasco.

Philip Green was in charge of BHS, but chose to sell the business onto a total clown, the rest is history
In my view, PG was 100% to blame

Barry Hearne was in charge of Orient, but chose to sell the business onto a total clown, the rest is... well, we will see
In my view, BH is 100% to blame