Season Ticket Prices...

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
The Romford Dagger
Posts: 1149
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:15 am

Re: Season Ticket Prices...

Post by The Romford Dagger » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:21 pm

Alan wrote:But there must be something. The efforts at the anti racism game beyond reducing ticket prices consists of a steel band and a bouncy castle.

Glyn Hopkin turns over £450,000,000 a year, so hopefully has a few ideas on marketing!

450m a year!! Is that right??

Adrian
Posts: 1138
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:09 pm

Re: Season Ticket Prices...

Post by Adrian » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:48 pm

mickeyblue wrote:
Adrian wrote:
NBDag wrote:Well I'd completely disagree with that. Not seeing regular football was exactly what got me over here in the first place about 9 seasons ago, when I considered myself an Arsenal fan. Being able to come with my mates and/or dad was what kept me coming. Bet if you speak to most people that came here as kids would say the same. Getting through to them is just the hard bit.

Don't know when you was last in a school, but they'll hand out flyers for almost anything. Something that benefits their students and encourages them to do something on weekends aside from sitting on their arse is something they'll be happy to stuff into registers. Flyers may not necessarily be the right way to go about it, but kids are definitely the best way to build up a long term following.

I don't know when you last contacted a school to ask them to hand out flyers. I did it a few months a go with a load of Dagenham primary schools and didn't even get a "No thanks".
as in eastbrook and hunters hall schools?
Hunters Hall was one.

Adrian
Posts: 1138
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:09 pm

Re: Season Ticket Prices...

Post by Adrian » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:49 pm

NBDag wrote:
Adrian wrote:
NBDag wrote:Well I'd completely disagree with that. Not seeing regular football was exactly what got me over here in the first place about 9 seasons ago, when I considered myself an Arsenal fan. Being able to come with my mates and/or dad was what kept me coming. Bet if you speak to most people that came here as kids would say the same. Getting through to them is just the hard bit.

Don't know when you was last in a school, but they'll hand out flyers for almost anything. Something that benefits their students and encourages them to do something on weekends aside from sitting on their arse is something they'll be happy to stuff into registers. Flyers may not necessarily be the right way to go about it, but kids are definitely the best way to build up a long term following.
I don't know when you last contacted a school to ask them to hand out flyers. I did it a few months a go with a load of Dagenham primary schools and didn't even get a "No thanks".
Well with all due respect, you might not have as much influence on them as the local football club trying to give kids a worthwhile hobby. But I didn't write my initial idea with the intention of getting your approval. Different people respond to different initiatives and I know what I said would work with people like me. It's up to the club to decide what they think, if anything, is worthwhile doing.
I was offering something that I and many would could a more worthwhile hobby than standing around watching football.

You're right that the club will decide what's right - and when they've already tried something and not got much from it by probably know a bit more about the than you.

Chigwellian
Posts: 521
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:18 pm

Re: Season Ticket Prices...

Post by Chigwellian » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:03 pm

A lot of people are mentioning marketing in barking & Dagenham / Havering areas..... any one thought of marketing in Redbridge / Epping Forest area?
I don't see any advertising whatsoever in these areas. How about marketing to the unknown about our history and where we come from.

Alan
Posts: 974
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:34 pm

Re: Season Ticket Prices...

Post by Alan » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:29 pm

The Romford Dagger wrote:
Alan wrote:But there must be something. The efforts at the anti racism game beyond reducing ticket prices consists of a steel band and a bouncy castle.

Glyn Hopkin turns over £450,000,000 a year, so hopefully has a few ideas on marketing!

450m a year!! Is that right??
Yes. https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/docu ... BYfUxwU%3D

daggersjeff
Posts: 440
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:41 am

Re: Season Ticket Prices...

Post by daggersjeff » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:59 am

As a pensioner (for the first time), I'm disappointed that I am only saving £26.00 buying and EB Terrace ST.

I would suggest that over 60's form a large part of our fan base, being original supporters?? Seems a bit harsh that they aren't treated in the same context as "adults"

The Romford Dagger
Posts: 1149
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:15 am

Re: Season Ticket Prices...

Post by The Romford Dagger » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:39 am

Alan wrote:
The Romford Dagger wrote:
Alan wrote:But there must be something. The efforts at the anti racism game beyond reducing ticket prices consists of a steel band and a bouncy castle.

Glyn Hopkin turns over £450,000,000 a year, so hopefully has a few ideas on marketing!

450m a year!! Is that right??
Yes. https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/docu ... BYfUxwU%3D

The link doesn't work

£450m is an incredible number

User avatar
Mike the Dagger
Posts: 2009
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:09 am
Contact:

Re: Season Ticket Prices...

Post by Mike the Dagger » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:19 pm

This link is a bit out of date but yes, that seems about right.

http://www.am-online.com/news/dealer-ne ... ts-in-2015

Latest results show a £455.6m turnover.

Alan
Posts: 974
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:34 pm

Re: Season Ticket Prices...

Post by Alan » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:45 pm

The Romford Dagger wrote: The link doesn't work

£450m is an incredible number
It is rather. I was surprised. Profit is of course low margin in motor trade, but still around £10m I think.

User avatar
Mike the Dagger
Posts: 2009
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:09 am
Contact:

Re: Season Ticket Prices...

Post by Mike the Dagger » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:24 pm

Alan wrote:
The Romford Dagger wrote: The link doesn't work

£450m is an incredible number
It is rather. I was surprised. Profit is of course low margin in motor trade, but still around £10m I think.
What is more incredible is that we were scratching around for investment from the Easts and Tamplin when we had a guy who was already involved in the club like Glyn who it would seem no one approached until the circus was in full swing.

dagger4eva
Posts: 1502
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:39 pm

Re: Season Ticket Prices...

Post by dagger4eva » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:56 pm

I may be mistaken but I believe Glyn was a little reluctant, initially, to get fully fledged involved. A god send that he is now though I think most would be able to agree on.

User avatar
Mike the Dagger
Posts: 2009
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:09 am
Contact:

Re: Season Ticket Prices...

Post by Mike the Dagger » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:05 pm

dagger4eva wrote:I may be mistaken but I believe Glyn was a little reluctant, initially, to get fully fledged involved. A god send that he is now though I think most would be able to agree on.
So he was asked and said he was not interested? Who asked? What changed?

User avatar
Auntie Merge
Posts: 1283
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:43 pm

Re: Season Ticket Prices...

Post by Auntie Merge » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:08 pm

Mike the Dagger wrote:
dagger4eva wrote:I may be mistaken but I believe Glyn was a little reluctant, initially, to get fully fledged involved. A god send that he is now though I think most would be able to agree on.
So he was asked and said he was not interested? Who asked? What changed?
Maybe time for an interview with him on Digger Dagger?

hockley dagger
Posts: 171
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:49 pm

Re: Season Ticket Prices...

Post by hockley dagger » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:12 pm

Ticket prices for 17 and 18 year olds need looking at, especially with the requirement for youngsters to be in education or training to 18 now starting to bite.

User avatar
Mike the Dagger
Posts: 2009
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:09 am
Contact:

Re: Season Ticket Prices...

Post by Mike the Dagger » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:34 pm

Auntie Merge wrote:
Maybe time for an interview with him on Digger Dagger?
I've asked.

Post Reply