FIFA

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
USADAGGER nick

Just wanted to say congrats. England is now 2 spots behind the Stars and Stripes!!!!!!!

Trolling at its finest
bearaab

But you're still worse than Switzerland so....
Tranced

Colombia are still the 5th best in the world. I wouldn't get too happy.
DagenHammer87

It's also very useful when most qualifying games in the CONCAF (or whatever the North American fed is called) and are against tiny islands like Barbados, St Kitts etc play.

The FIFA system is floored entirely - friendlies now count in the scoring system and it's not entirely transparent how the points system is run.

I think international football needs a rethink. Teams like San Marino etc should have to have pre-qualifiers in the same way the FA cup does. The number of nations is increasing year on year, with giants like Gibraltar entering the fray along with the latest semi independent states from the eastern bloc. Our fixture list domestically is clogged and pointless friendlies and qualifiers against these teams who have never done better than finish bottom of their groups just adds to that.

It sounds very elitist - yes - but isn't the World Cup meant to be the best international teams in the world competing for the biggest accolade in international football?
matt_drfc

DagenHammer87 wrote:It's also very useful when most qualifying games in the CONCAF (or whatever the North American fed is called) and are against tiny islands like Barbados, St Kitts etc play.

The FIFA system is floored entirely - friendlies now count in the scoring system and it's not entirely transparent how the points system is run.

I think international football needs a rethink. Teams like San Marino etc should have to have pre-qualifiers in the same way the FA cup does. The number of nations is increasing year on year, with giants like Gibraltar entering the fray along with the latest semi independent states from the eastern bloc. Our fixture list domestically is clogged and pointless friendlies and qualifiers against these teams who have never done better than finish bottom of their groups just adds to that.

It sounds very elitist - yes - but isn't the World Cup meant to be the best international teams in the world competing for the biggest accolade in international football?

I love it when teams like San Marino play, for betting purposes. :D
USADAGGER nick

I do agree that the FIFA points system should be rethought