Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
admin
Site Admin

Someone posted it on twitter earlier
Attachments
IMG_1161.JPG
IMG_1161.JPG (385.19 KiB) Viewed 14049 times
NBDag

Not a bad design there, football shirts with collars are always nicer imo. Have always preferred stripes though.
Only gripe I have is that I'm almost certain that at one fans forum, maybe the first one after Still came back, Thommo said they will look at changing the badge back. Would love to know where we stand with the badge now, as it seems right now that either the comment made at this forum was just to shut us up or that the board have just elected to ignore everyone's opinion on it.
ARNU

Like the shirt.

This badge malarkey......
Has there been any meaningful vote ?I don't mind it eito be honest.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Auntie Merge

No vote. Thommo'S unilateral decision as far as I'm aware.

If this shirt has the new badge on it, I will not be buying it.
A S dagger97

Quite a nice design (the shirt not the badge) I would say our current is my favourite of all our designs. but this is a nice different design
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
Sagres

Glyn Hopkin said at the fans forum tonight the order had already been submitted & the new badge would be on next seasons home shirt.
Mark

Badge is still crap and childish.
Auntie Merge

Sagres wrote:Glyn Hopkin said at the fans forum tonight the order had already been submitted & the new badge would be on next seasons home shirt.
That's a real shame and I guess it proves how little regard Steve Thompson has towards the fans wishes and the overwhelming hatred of the new badge expressed at the fans forum this time last year, when many people in the room told him they were not buying club merchandise with the new badge.

There was a show of hands then, and overwhelmingly (around 80+ fans) said
they wanted the club crest back.

Steve Thompson said at the time that it was too late to change anything for 2016/17 as the shirts had already been ordered; it was a two year process to re-introduce the crest and it was likely it would be back for 2017-2018 - the club's 25th Anniversary.
NBDag

Thommo is not the only one to blame. Hopkin knows how the fans feel on it and he could have easily told Thommo or whoever that it should be changed back at the earliest opportunity.
The Romford Dagger

Auntie Merge wrote:
Sagres wrote:Glyn Hopkin said at the fans forum tonight the order had already been submitted & the new badge would be on next seasons home shirt.
That's a real shame and I guess it proves how little regard Steve Thompson has towards the fans wishes and the overwhelming hatred of the new badge expressed at the fans forum this time last year, when many people in the room told him they were not buying club merchandise with the new badge.

There was a show of hands then, and overwhelmingly (around 80+ fans) said
they wanted the club crest back.

Steve Thompson said at the time that it was too late to change anything for 2016/17 as the shirts had already been ordered; it was a two year process to re-introduce the crest and it was likely it would be back for 2017-2018 - the club's 25th Anniversary.
Surely hopkin is as much to blame as Thommo for it being on next seasons shirt
IanC

Jesus Christ if only the badge was the only thing to worry about,in all fairness theyre both crap.Been coming over for donkeys and never liked the old badge,far to much going on,prefer something neat and to the point.But never disliked enough to moan about it.Best badge ever,obviously the Arse`s single cannon,straight an to the point.Anyway back to the main thing the shirt,absoleutly love it,havent bought one for a few years but will defo be getting this little number whatever bloody badge is on it..I have always liked the kits with two halves ala Blackburn,woking etc,so well pleased with that.
Fairly decent forum last night apart from the usual stupid car park question again!Things looking very positive and yyeesss,a pre-season trip(training camp) to Portugal to look forward to which will be great.Has said hopefully they can get a game with someone sorted too,and if its half as good as Eindhoven it will be awesome,especially the weather.
p.s. did anyone hear/remember what date it was,obv july.
GdadSteve

Not so, actually.

As we were told last night, the decision on the shirt design has to be signed off in October.

We all know what happened between last October and now. Glynn listened to the complaints last night and promised Russell that he would consult with the Supporters when organising the New Away shirt next October.

On the whole he came across last night as very open and honest. He explained what he is doing and what he wants done and there is no doubt where his heart lies.
lupins

Never much liked the new badge but the old one is terrible has nothing instantly recognisable about it unless you peer closely and is entirely wrong for a shirt which should be distinctive.

Keep the crest for ceremonial duties obviously that's history keep it well away from merchandise

If it is not now cost prohibitive redesign the swords

Not buying merchandise because the badge changed, really?
IanC

Yep ridiculous
Auntie Merge

IanC wrote:Yep ridiculous
Not so ridiculous and there are MANY fans that feel the same. Why on earth would I want to wear a shirt with a Sheffield United type badge. Even a kid in the club shop said out loud 'why are there Sheffield united shirts in here?' . I'll keep wearing my old shirts and my old t shirts until the badge changes.