New home shirt

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
IanC

And theres many who dont care less too so its all about opinions.Buy it dont buy it your choice.
Diggerthedog

I'm not a fan of the badge either but it is all money the club needs. When fans refuse to buy things it hurts them hard unlike the filthy rich clubs.
DI Mike Dashwood

The new badge is a bit naff, but as others have said, not the end of the world is it. More important things at the Club and in life to worry about than the state of the badge.

I think the kit looks good. I haven't had one for a few years but may get one, and my little girl wants one next year as well so will probably get a couple, regardless of the badge!!
IanC

Totally agree dashers looks a fine top and I as said will purchase,and in fairness I gotta say THAT badge looks ok on that top.
durnzo

1 thing I don't understand is why the badge was changed anyway. Arsenal changed their badge because they couldn't copywrite the old one due to so many people using it. Which sort of makes sense, even though I don't agree with it, but I can't imagine that being a major issue with the daggers.
ARNU

I like the crest. They should make it bigger.

I'll get my coat .....
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Auntie Merge

durnzo wrote:1 thing I don't understand is why the badge was changed anyway. Arsenal changed their badge because they couldn't copywrite the old one due to so many people using it. Which sort of makes sense, even though I don't agree with it, but I can't imagine that being a major issue with the daggers.
If it was a copyright issue, you make a minor but obvious change and copyright that. The uncopyrighted version loses its appeal.
durnzo

I understand that, I just don't understand why they felt the need to change it as I doubt they'd really need to copyright the badge. I doubt there's a great deal of moody DRFC merchandise knocking about!! Either way, I'm just happy with what's going on on the pitch, and if the rumours of a bar in the ground are true I'll be double chuffed!!
Alan

It was supposed to be to make it more distinctive and recognisable. It is rather rubbish. And as mike has pointed out the daggers are pointing down, which implies there's no fight left.
lupins

Then it has achieved its objective, it is recognisable though should have been better.

How many people could accurately describe the crest without a check first and how many non Daggers would recognise it

Daggers up implies they don't like it up em
Auntie Merge

lupins wrote:Then it has achieved its objective, it is recognisable though should have been better.

How many people could accurately describe the crest without a check first and how many non Daggers would recognise it

Daggers up implies they don't like it up em
Recognisable as a Sheffield Utd badge!
matt_drfc

Auntie Merge wrote:Even a kid in the club shop said out loud 'why are there Sheffield united shirts in here?' .
Didn't happen.
NBDag

Probably all Dagenham fans could tell you what was on the old badge... Apart from those that designed the new badge as they haven't taken any element from the old badge into the new one. If it was the crossed keys and dagger/sword then maybe it wouldn't have gone down so poorly with everyone. Also its just a poor quality graphic- it looks like it's been made on paint by a year 7!
Auntie Merge

matt_drfc wrote:
Auntie Merge wrote:Even a kid in the club shop said out loud 'why are there Sheffield united shirts in here?' .
Didn't happen.
Did happen and in a packed club shop too. I am not the only one who heard it.
Richie

Auntie Merge wrote:
matt_drfc wrote:
Didn't happen.
Did happen and in a packed club shop too. I am not the only one who heard it.
If you say so.