York City

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
daggersjeff

Well, that was bloody hard work!

We looked like relegation candidates at times!!

Neat goal by Frankie though...and keeps us floating!
Adrian

Poor game of football all round, with a pathetically weak referee only managing to make it worse.

Good to see Howell, Williams and Guttridge back, and Robinson on the bench.
Romain looked good, worked hard and really unlucky with the header.
ARNU

Sounds like I didn't miss a thriller but 3 points from a team fighting for survival is probably a greater achievement than anyone will credit them for. We don't draw often these days do we ? Either win or lose.
COYD
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Dagdale

If its pretty football or not its crucial we got the win so well done lads, York are certainly a team of big lumps, hit the post twice with a crazy moment from Justham, all I could put it down too did he leave it as he thought it was going out? But we thrived on and overall think we just edged it, Robson was superb and seeing Williams back pumping the ball to the box was so pleasing to watch but think Romain rightly so deserved M.O.M. Frankie slotted that goal in neatly and boy did we need that! 7 cup finals to go 3 at home, its a crazy season in this league, Aldershot still on great run and winning nearly every game and amazingly still behind us, York have only lost two more than us and were still within firing range. just maybe we can see it out!
DevonDagger

It's going to be a tight finish, that's for sure. Having witnessed the performance at Aldershot I would have been be pleased with any sort of a win today. Sometimes the only way to break a shocking run is to scrape a win, though I believed that would have finished after the FGR win, so not counting any chickens just yet. It sounds like today wasn't hugely inspiring either, but from what I was listening to, York didn't exactly pull up trees either aside from a moment or two. I know they've put together a stronger team in recent months but I still have a feeling they won't get out of the bottom 4 in time.

I've been very critical of Frankie (though not on here) but that was indeed an excellent finish today, also played a part in the build up. I obviously don't know what instructions he's given by Stilly for games, but the majority of time he's a player who frustrates me, passing often seems predictable, backwards or sideways, irregardless of whether we're in dire need of a goal or some positive play.

Couple of our rivals playing games on Tuesday, including Tranmere playing Dover. I think we'd probably prefer Tranmere to win that one - might sound negative to look over your shoulder rather than what's in front, but I think Tranmere are pretty certain of a play-off place at this point so I'd rather stay out of arms reach of Dover since this is their game in hand.
Another important matchup will be Chester v Barrow. And to put it simply it looks to be all or nothing as Chester have won 8, lost 8 and only drawn 3 at home. I'd actually be disappointed if they didn't get something out of that game though.

Irregardless of other teams, that can all be forgotten and ignored if we just win our games, continuing with Eastleigh. We have a week to prepare for that, and that period of time should be suffice for those players who are just coming back into the fold (Williams, Robinson, Howell etc) to be fully fit and available for selection). Eastleigh obviously started the season strong and many would have expected them to be up with us this time of the season. However, it all fell apart rather quickly when Ronnie Moore left. They brought in Allen and some of his Barnet players for an eye-watering amount of money. Allen was sacked after 12 games and one of the £60k signings was released after half a dozen games - it got a bit embarrasing really. However, their form has picked up again of late winning their last 4 games, plus notably our formerly loanee Ayo Obileye has scored in his last two games so hoping those stop there!
Not expecting it to be easy and would definitely take a 1-0 again (once again we seem to play teams at the wrong time).
Richie

Not a good game, but I think we edged it. Good to see Williams and Howell back, plus I thought Romain looked like a good addition.

Not saying all loanees are bad, but I do much prefer watching a Dagenham team of our own players.
leewilson

Donnelen and Shepherd have certainly had their good moments but they were brought in as cover and unless they're bang in form, should revert to that when others are fit. Hopefully we don't have to use either again as neither are better than what we own.
Adrian

They're not better than first choice 11, but I'd go with Donnelan over Staunton at centre back. He was awful yesterday.
leewilson

Adrian wrote:They're not better than first choice 11, but I'd go with Donnelan over Staunton at centre back. He was awful yesterday.
I thought Staunton did alright personally. Doe and Robson should be the first choice partnership and I imagine we'll revert to that when we have a Boucaud and Howell/Robinson partnership available in the middle again.
Adrian

He got very lucky when he managed to step on the ball and nearly put their 9 in on goal.
Gave the ball away poorly a few times including managing to pass one to their player on the edge of the box when we were under pressure in the second half.
leewilson

Adrian wrote:He got very lucky when he managed to step on the ball and nearly put their 9 in on goal.
Gave the ball away poorly a few times including managing to pass one to their player on the edge of the box when we were under pressure in the second half.
I thought his defensive work was pretty sound, especially 2nd half where he won a lot in the air. He wasn't perfect but then neither was Widdowson who was shaky on occasions. Doe impressed the most as he kept Parkin's aerial threat largely at bay whilst Williams looked the first capable right back we've had in a while.
durnzo

I thought, not for the first time, we looked very weak in the middle. Howell just doesn't look up to it to me. Was impressed with the new forward, thought he looked very busy and battled hard. I don't think he really got a chance to show what he can do(possibly not much more but who knows?!) because it was such an awful match lacking in quality, but I appreciated the effort.

Not a great performance but we'll take the points and hope that the early season form magically reappears for the run in!!!
Alan

Howell isn't match fit neither is Guttridge. Robson is a centre half. Hence the midfield didn't look great.
durnzo

Thanks for clearing that up. The question will they be match fit, or replacements be fit, in time to secure our play off place?
Alan

That's the big question, isn't it? I have no idea.