Bury road roof.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Glyn hopkin likes the idea I'm reliably informed. Is he mad ? Lmfao !!!! Should have done it years ago.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Diggerthedog

You were right on this one. Seems that planning application will go in shortly with the old club shop and the police executive box being pulled down and relocated. To hold around 1800-2000. Glyn wants a proper home end.
dagger4eva

and it's even going to have a bar too ............ apparently :)
ARNU

But where will Adrian stand to get wet ? I know ,he can go in the sieve where I'd put all seats.
nomis

If this is true ! Any idea as to it being terrace or all seated etc ?
Mike the Dagger

Here is an artist's impression...

ARNU

That piece of crap Wimbledon fans stand under would do.
durnzo

Encouraging signs, especially the bar. I hope it's terraced, I hate sitting down at footy, plus a better designed roof would allow more noise to escape than on the sieve. Although, even a well designed roof only helps if people actually sing. I like it though, he must be a fan of yours arnu!!!
ARNU

durnzo wrote:Encouraging signs, especially the bar. I hope it's terraced, I hate sitting down at footy, plus a better designed roof would allow more noise to escape than on the sieve. Although, even a well designed roof only helps if people actually sing. I like it though, he must be a fan of yours arnu!!!
Maybe my problem is just my delivery LOL!!

I've always felt this was a good idea.
Mark

Still think it's a waste of money and don't see what it gives us. Bit more noise perhaps.
durnzo

I'm no accountant but I reckon shifting plastic bottles of carlsberg for nigh on 4 gib a pop will be a good earner. As long as the construction doesn't affect the outlay on players. How much money does the new consortium have?
ARNU

It would become our end, it would offer atmosphere and shelter and you wouldn't have to go in there if you didn't like it. It's private money not ours funding it and would be an improvement. Why not have it ? Apart from a few " I told you so's" I'd then have to shut up. Win win innit !
Mark

Beer profit will take a long time to cover the outlay surely. Out of interest do we run that ourselves? As other catering is subcontracted for a fixed price.

My point is more that I'd rather private money went on things we need or that help us become sustainable. This just seems like a sunk cost with little return.
ARNU

That end without a roof is an embarrassment. I reckon they should name it after me lol ! Or better still name it the will Antwi stand lol !
NBDag

I'm not a builder so I don't know how much it'd cost to build it, but we would most certainly bring in a sponsor for a stand if built there so would generate some money to pay it off. Also a bar is desperately needed so I'm all for it if the money is spare