Bury road roof.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Alan

The point is do we need to spend money on it? Another is would we get planning permission for a stand that holds 1800 right by those houses? Bear in mind the TBS holds 1200, that would be a large stand.
Diggerthedog

Alan wrote:The point is do we need to spend money on it? Another is would we get planning permission for a stand that holds 1800 right by those houses? Bear in mind the TBS holds 1200, that would be a large stand.
It would be no higher than that police box, also you can go further forward with it. You get more standing in a smaller space than seats.
ARNU

It will stop our ground looking like Dale farm when we go back up too. Look at them pikeys gillingham. I'd make it compulsory to have a roof in the 4 main divisions or you can't go up.
Just bang a roof on it, no need to add capacity. Bit of old corrugated iron, I'll send the boys round to fit it. You'd think traditional builders or Chigwell construction would build it for nothing.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Alan

ARNU wrote:It will stop our ground looking like Dale farm when we go back up too. Look at them pikeys gillingham. I'd make it compulsory to have a roof in the 4 main divisions or you can't go up.
Just bang a roof on it, no need to add capacity. Bit of old corrugated iron, I'll send the boys round to fit it. You'd think traditional builders or Chigwell construction would build it for nothing.
Don't forget the bar needs to go somewhere. And the asbestos filled supporters club shop.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Stick a,few,if them horrendous solar panels,on the,top and,in this green world we live in Planning permissin would be a breeze and it would the pay for itself over a thousound years
durnzo

I really cat see the harm. It won't make anything worse but could have a good upside.

Personally I think it will improve the atmosphere, which I think will help attract more people, because it will give people who are more bashful than myself (my ladies beeney hat complete with furry bobble, I think it accentuates my pretty features, worn yesterday says all you need to know about my level of shyness!!) Will be able to get away from the divs on the sieve who spend their sat afternoons going to a non league football match and taking the piss out of those trying to enjoy it a different way. The likes of myself who like a sing song will be in there and whilst it'll hardly be galatasary away it'll be vastly improved. A place for everyone to enjoy the match how they want To. I can't see the draw back, it's not like they're planning a new Wembley and will cost far less than the slightly out of place TBS!!!
NBDag

ARNU wrote:It will stop our ground looking like Dale farm when we go back up too. Look at them pikeys gillingham. I'd make it compulsory to have a roof in the 4 main divisions or you can't go up.
By your rule, if they were English, Barcelona, Atletico Madrid, Valencia and Boca Juniors, to name a few off the top of my head, would all be banned from the top 4 leagues. Those really, really quiet stadiums. Sometimes you're a muppet yanno? No doubt you'll cover your back with the old trolling excuse though. Build the new stand if it bring'll in a bar and a worthwhile amount of revenue. That is all that matters
ARNU

Giving us better facilities is what this is about. It doesn't matter ithat much in the scheme of things. The big successful teams you mention having open air terracing I'd expect to have top rate facilities. Each of those clubs will have a forum with an "Arnu " on it asking the question as to why they've not got a roof. No doubt there will be fellow members calling them muppets or trolls for daring to do so. Ideally we'd have a roof wouldn't we ?
Mike the Dagger

Sam_DRFC wrote:It would definitely improve the atmosphere. There's plenty of fans the terraces that would sing along with the TBS lot (including myself) but obviously can't. When we play local away games the noise is always good (Bromley, Braintree etc)

A better atmosphere would entice a younger crowd - youngsters love chanting at a match. I started going in 2003 purely because of the good atmosphere and banter in the sieve (especially with the drum/trumpet). If the noise levels were like they are now i might not have bothered.

Build a roof, get all the fans together in one group, make some noise and attract new fans.
Well the TBS was shut to home fans on Saturday so presumably the "singers" were in the sieve. I heard not a peep.

As you say, there was plenty of atmosphere back in the day in a ground with two open ends never mind one. It's the people (now older and either moved on or just a lot less likely to sing), not the roof or not, plus the levels of expectation to be entertained. I suspect for many, the team is now expected to get the crowd going, not the other way round. Trumpet boy was a dickhead, but it did get the place rocking on occassion.
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Stick a,few,if them horrendous solar panels,on the,top and,in this green world we live in Planning permissin would be a breeze and it would the pay for itself over a thousound years
Great idea, except it is the wrong end. Panels would have to be on the roof of the Carling stand to get the benefit.
ARNU

Mike..... think about it mate. The sun is in the sky you can point your solar panel at it. You just need an empty space between the panel and the sun. Or in even simpler terms angle the panels to face the sun.

Having said that maybe with our shooting they'd be smashed up by the ball too often .
Mike the Dagger

ARNU wrote:Mike..... think about it mate. The sun is in the sky you can point your solar panel at it. You just need an empty space between the panel and the sun. Or in even simpler terms angle the panels to face the sun.

Having said that maybe with our shooting they'd be smashed up by the ball too often .
ARNU.... think about it mate. So we now have an 1800 capacity terrace with butt ugly solar panels on the roof of it that are angled south to face the sun... within 10 yards of the existing housing in Victoria Road and Bury Road and in full view of anyone that backs on to the car par in Surrey Road.

This is getting planning permission? Seriously?

If we had thought about it, we should have built the TBS 20 or 30 yards further back and shunted the pitch up that direction, leaving room to do something at the Bury Road end if necessary (which it isn't BTW).
ARNU

Mike the Dagger wrote:
ARNU wrote:Mike..... think about it mate. The sun is in the sky you can point your solar panel at it. You just need an empty space between the panel and the sun. Or in even simpler terms angle the panels to face the sun.

ARNU.... think about it mate. So we now have an 1800 capacity terrace with butt ugly solar panels on the roof of it that are angled south to face the sun... within 10 yards of the existing housing in Victoria Road and Bury Road and in full view of anyone that backs on to the car par in Surrey Road.

This is getting planning permission? Seriously?

If we had thought about it, we should have built the TBS 20 or 30 yards further back and shunted the pitch up that direction, leaving room to do something at the Bury Road end if necessary (which it isn't BTW).
Mike.....I wouldn't bother with panels personally but am unfussed whether they do or don't.My response was just a lighthearted attempt to tell you it isn't an impossible feat. :D