Barrow

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
speedy

Any post match comments from anyone who made the long journey? Good/bad performance, after match shenanigans between players?
Diggerthedog

It was a shocking game of football with very little football played. The wind was in our favour first half and we were marginally the better side but second half we were up against the wind and constant route one.

The penalty was harsh not one of their players looked like appealing then the crowd did and he ref gave it. He failed to spot what looked like from the other end of the ground a punch off be line when we was pushing for an equaliser. I think Barrow were just about worthy winners.

At the end our players were clapping us whilst we gave the ref a bit of stick he gave us nothing all day long, their seven was looking towards us laughing, smiling and clapping the referee. We pointed it out to our lads and rightly they went after him to tell him it's not on. Bit of a mess after that with one of their unused subs trying to get some action as he is too shit to get any for the 90 minutes.

We were asked on the coach after if we wanted to make an official complaint to the police for inciting reasons. Given it would have probably meant another 14 hour round trip we all declined.

There is no lack of effort from these boys sometimes you get beaten by a better team on the day. On to Aldershot.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6UTkMJCG_ ... outu.be&a=

Highlights.
Dagdale

Just got back and as being the only dagger (I believe) stopping over was scratching me head on a sparse brassy Barrow station midday thinking was it worth it? Find it hard to understand why we couldn't capitalize on the early goal by Corey and slowly watched Barrow take more of a hold. Of course that dubious penalty put a brake on it for us no doubt but feel we had far enough time to swing it back in our favour and IMO only seemed to go full throttle at their goal area last ten, pretty unlucky to be truthful and wonder if that did go over through I think Craig, but I will say it was a far better effort than at Gateshead and did deserve a point. Long journey back and reading NLP article with our John from Sam Elliott 'It's all or Nothing' about the draws, a damned good read actually and never really looked at it like that and he certainly has a good point, although I would have preferred one yesterday I might add. Just hope by the time we meet Lincoln were still on their heels and up with them.