Gateshead

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dagdale

Well its finally come around probably the longest trip tagging onto a fortnight's time at Barrow we've got to make this season and here's hoping that every mile is worth it if we ride back with a nice win after all we owe this lot one after our horror show at Vic Road in November, can we ever forget? Don't think we'v e ever played at the International stadium but it really looks pretty smart, they say the atmosphere get's blown away a bit cause of distance from pitch but we're make some noise no doubt and be great to push towards a hundred in there. Probably John will make some changes (Justham back, I wonder?) wouldn't mind seeing Staunton coming in with some leaking defending, certainly can't wait to see Robinson back in the Red. Were miss Whitely of course but really think we have enough to edge this by about 2-1, with a decent referee and not any penalties!
stanton101

I'm fearing the worst here, we haven't played well for a while and I don't see us improving tomorrow.
Kudos to the lads going there tomorrow and I hope they return happy, but me personally, I can't see it.

Gateshead 3-1 Daggers
OG
Diggerthedog

Long trip up but much quicker on how train even better with a few beers. Looking forward to it and ticks off another ground. We can't keep playing poorly need to turn the corner and keep these teams way behind us.
DaggerJoel11

Gateshead lead the form table and we've been really poor of late, however we are much better away from home. My prediction is:

2-2 (Hawkins, Sheppard)

Fair play to those travelling and hopefully we get the points, after all we owe them one after November's trauma.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Kevin

The way we played on Tuesday was pretty damn pant tbh.

That said, they might have had a kick up the backside from Stilly - so I'm hoping for maybe a squeaky, hard-grafted 1-0 win.

C'mon you Daggers!! 8-)
Chigwellian

It seems to me after yesterday's performance that we have gone back to the future into Wayne's world.
Doesn't seem like any of the players know what their job is, who they are suppose to mark and where to look for a pass.
It's just good and hope that someone is there to pick the ball up.

At the end of the game, there allegedly was another altercation (although I didn't see it as I was walking back to the coach) between a fan/s and doey/still.

The way the players got off the team coach and totally ignored the club supporters was totally embarrassing and seems like there is friction within the club aka Wayne's world
Paul from Barking

I think that the last 2 results will have condemned us to the playoffs;I cannot see us becoming champions and going straight back to the FL by right.

So the question is, IF we hang on for fifth place, are we good enough to to win the playoff competition?

And / or do we need another season or two in the Conference (sorry, National League or whatever they call it this year)?
jag

I heard somebody say last Tuesday at the Maidstone game that Billy Bingham has been seen back at the club any one know anything?
Diggerthedog

Paul from Barking wrote:I think that the last 2 results will have condemned us to the playoffs;I cannot see us becoming champions and going straight back to the FL by right.

So the question is, IF we hang on for fifth place, are we good enough to to win the playoff competition?

And / or do we need another season or two in the Conference (sorry, National League or whatever they call it this year)?
What do you care you don't attend. Get over to a game and see if we're good enough for yourself.
Paul from Barking

Diggerthedog wrote:
Paul from Barking wrote:I think that the last 2 results will have condemned us to the playoffs;I cannot see us becoming champions and going straight back to the FL by right.

What do you care you don't attend. Get over to a game and see if we're good enough for yourself.
What's it like being the moral policeman who is permitted to judge the attendance behaviour of others? Or are you just a grade A troll?
DevonDagger

jag wrote:I heard somebody say last Tuesday at the Maidstone game that Billy Bingham has been seen back at the club any one know anything?
I've heard people say they've seen Billy several times going back to last season. Don't think there's anything to it other than watching his former club at this point.

As for Saturday, I think it indeed likely finishes off any chances of automatic promotion now. Even if Lincoln drop points, there's now another 3 teams we have to overhaul too.
I must admit I've tended to fancy our chances more in big games, we seem to usually get some kind of result when we're not the favourites and the onus is on the other team. We also have a team capable of getting promoted from this league, so yes I do feel we can still gain promotion via the play-offs.
Dagdale

With 11 games to go now I suppose a second patch of dropping form has more chance to rectify than in a month's time but sure scratching me head why the slip, yesterday I was trying to reflect on what I was witnessing to an almost identical side to just over a month ago when a Daggers team outclassed a Tranmere side on their own turf with such splender, these things happen I know but obviously the Heed have done what we did so well at the turn of the year, yesterday was their fifth win on the trot but couldn't really say that as before they outclassed us, they were there for the taking and moving on just hope Corey comes back against the veggies and win's our hearts again because we just didn't seem to have it up front yesterday. Taking away pitch side what a great weekend in Geordieland, gotta rank up there as one of the best so far, great rapport with a pub full of daggers and locals in the Schooner pub, another fine welcoming landlord, some great Geordie guys following us well and a brilliant night in a city that never sleeps.
DaggerJoel11

jag wrote:I heard somebody say last Tuesday at the Maidstone game that Billy Bingham has been seen back at the club any one know anything?
Yeah, think he was just supporting his ex-club and indeed former manager while Crewe didn't have a game. Saw Jodi Jones too earlier in the season, think it was ESC against Southend which makes sense as a lot of the academy players who he graduated with featured. Think Bingham was just doing the same.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''