Billericay Watch

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dagger Steve

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/151304 ... signation/

It's a ridiculous state of affairs but in no way surprising.

As always its the fans and backroom staff that suffer.

Puts our moaning about a few bad performances into perspective. Oh what a bullet we dodged!
mickeyblue

omg
remember reading on here that the protests where a waste etc etc think all need a big pat on the back.
plus wd to the board for coming to there sense's
but we finished 9th!
Diggerthedog

mickeyblue wrote:omg
remember reading on here that the protests where a waste etc etc think all need a big pat on the back.
plus wd to the board for coming to there sense's
Board did not come to their senses, Thommo's job was under threat so he wanted to pull the plug.
dagger4eva

just to ensure this post stays relative to 'daggers related chat' (for the purpose of OCD sad acts) - I wonder how many fans would be happy if he'd have got his claws into and done exactly the same with us in such a short space of time.

AFC Billericay in under 2 years.. fact!
Daggernewbie

Yet again Billericay on the wrong forum this a Daggers page not Billericay`s.
leewilson

I'd rather it be on here. We were very close to being taken over by this man so it's intriguing to see what he's doing now he's in charge of a team. I will happily hand my hands up and say that Tamplin sold me to an extent with a good interview or two that he did as the takeover was nearing. I'm now very happy he's nowhere near us.
steeevooo

Daggernewbie wrote:Yet again Billericay on the wrong forum this a Daggers page not Billericay`s.
There was a large number of people on here (a majority of those who voted in the polls iirc) who were in favour of tamplin taking over - funny how they now all want to either remain silent or relegate such threads to a much lesser viewed forum...
durnzo

I held my hands up, got it totally wrong. ****** me, he's put himself in as manager!!! I'd laugh but such lunacy could lead to a decent little club like that being gone forever. The blokes a grade A, clearly!!!
Adrian

steeevooo wrote:
Daggernewbie wrote:Yet again Billericay on the wrong forum this a Daggers page not Billericay`s.
There was a large number of people on here (a majority of those who voted in the polls iirc) who were in favour of tamplin taking over - funny how they now all want to either remain silent or relegate such threads to a much lesser viewed forum...
There was this poll: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2149&p=27314&hilit=poll#p27314 but the majority don't seem to be in favour in this one.
There was this one: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2181&hilit=poll - a slight majority when just comparing the bids rather than any comment on the person.

My memory is that the majority just weren't sure, but wanted to hear everything properly.
TomMc

What Adrian said.

I know it's conjecture but just because he's installed himself as manager there doesn't mean it would have also been the same here. He 100% owns Billericay doesn't he? Whereas here that wasn't the case.
durnzo

I agree there's no way he'd have installed himself as manager with us, but it shows how much he thinks of himself and how poor his decision making is. The fact is we'll never know what would've happened but I'm pretty glad things have ended up as they have. And I was one of the people denouncing those who were dead set against him even though I was unsure myself.

One thing I would say though is that we should put it behind us and focus on what is, by and large, a good season even if current form is a bit worrying. Especially as the new regime are making the right noises about what they want to do with the club. Things are pretty rosey in my humble.
Diggerthedog

What did people want to know more about him? He had a trail of cut and shut companies and a criminal record. Add to that he is a massive wanker. Those now back tracking with oh we wanted to hear more is bollocks you were wrong and the 100 or so who actually bothered to do something about saved the club from this type of complete circus show.
TomMc

Diggerthedog wrote:What did people want to know more about him? He had a trail of cut and shut companies and a criminal record. Add to that he is a massive wanker. Those now back tracking with oh we wanted to hear more is bollocks you were wrong and the 100 or so who actually bothered to do something about saved the club from this type of complete circus show.
Yet even you couldn't be bothered to turn up to protest after a while.
Diggerthedog

Truth hurts you did nothing pal, you don't even attend games so your voice means nothing. See you at the next cheap game.
TomMc

Wah wah wah, your hypocrisy gets called out and you've got nothing but the same old comebacks.

Edit - you can even see what I thought at the time in one of the above polls. A "reluctant yes" if Tamplin's didn't get a controlling interest (i.e. so he couldn't do the crazy sh*t he's done at Billericay).