Billericay Watch

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Auntie Merge

Let's be clear about this.
I understand a number of people stopped protesting because of 'threats'

I had a threat made against me by a Director of Glenn Tamplin''s company. This
threat was reported to the police. [Tweets deleted, I have screenshots]

The two parody accounts on twitter closed after they were threatened by Glenn Tamplin on twitter.

I have written evidence of a conversation between other parties regarding other actions Tamplin was taking.
I cannot breach a confidence here.

His Chairman allegedly punched a 78 year old supporter of an opposition club at a recent game.
[http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... me-6790637]

Tamplin has a criminal record for dumping shit in his own backyard
[http://cambridgeriskmanagement.com/inde ... e-dumping/]

[evidence cited in case some people on here still think my earlier postings were made up rumours. I think a few people on here owe me an apology]

Whether you think we had a lucky escape or you are wishing we had his cash, the fact remains that this man and his cronies do not appear to be good representatives for a family run club. IMO we had a VERY lucky escape and I look over my shoulder at Billericay and laugh out loud, and will laugh even louder when they go bust.
admin
Site Admin

dagger4eva wrote:Admin, to avoid any confusion I wasnt having a pop at you with my previous comment, just 1 or 2 other members.

As for the protests I have to back DTD up here.
It had got to the point where further protests were indeed pointless.

Thommo/the club were ploughing ahead regardless - after seemingly and eventually coming up with a better deal that apeased a number of the doubters.
Stilly was threatening to walk if any further 'in game' protests were made.
So yes, a lot of people put up a good fight but it got to the point where we'd basically had to accept the fight had been lost.

Anyway, its billericay's problem now but I still dont think it hurts to keep a very watchful eye over whats happening - particularly whilst the chief instigator trying his absolute damnest to get Tamplin into the club remains at ours (AKA - Kim Jung Thompson)
Fair enough, I take it back.

As for Tamplin, I think most of us are thinking along the same lines now. We have heard numerous bad stories about him now (we could be here all day going through them) so I pleased he didn't come in and feel much more confident with Glyn Hopkin on board. Tamplin is showing early signs of being a bit of a nutter from what we've seen at Billericay (having a ridiculously high wage bill and making himself manager). Pleased he didn't come here and I hope Billericay can survive once he's bored.

Also fair play to the people that protested against him, I genuinely believe you were all wasting your time but it worked in the end, so I hold my hands up and admit that I was wrong.

Not really much more I can add apart from that
Mark

This stuff about wanting to hear the guy out is a nonsense. Why? To give him the chance to sweet talk people round and make a bunch of populist statements? Are people that easily led?

You only have to look at the way he conducts himself to work out what type of person he is. Flash, arrogant, impatient. He is a wideboy who wants a toy and somewhere for all his hangers-on to have fun with.
NBDag

Mark wrote:This stuff about wanting to hear the guy out is a nonsense. Why? To give him the chance to sweet talk people round and make a bunch of populist statements? Are people that easily led?

You only have to look at the way he conducts himself to work out what type of person he is. Flash, arrogant, impatient. He is a wideboy who wants a toy and somewhere for all his hangers-on to have fun with.
Because they probably believe only idiots are happy to make decisions without knowing as much as possible. Surely those that were easily led were the ones that pinned their colours to either side before knowing barely anything, because they don't like his personality. Not the ones who wouldn't make a decision immediately?

What's sad here as well is the fact that people seem happy to watch a football club get torn apart just because they can say "I told you so".
Auntie Merge

NBDag wrote:
Mark wrote:This stuff about wanting to hear the guy out is a nonsense. Why? To give him the chance to sweet talk people round and make a bunch of populist statements? Are people that easily led?

Because they probably believe only idiots are happy to make decisions without knowing as much as possible. Surely those that were easily led were the ones that pinned their colours to either side before knowing barely anything, because they don't like his personality. Not the ones who wouldn't make a decision immediately?

What's sad here as well is the fact that people seem happy to watch a football club get torn apart just because they can say "I told you so".
Some of us knew the facts early on, which is why I chose my side quickly.
I'm not happy to see a club torn apart and I will be laughing out loud thankful that it's not us. I feel sorry for the genuine Billericay supporters, but going by what else I've read there are very few objectors to Tamplin (unless he has silence them too), so sympathy is hard to find, particularly when some are still commenting that Billericay getting Tamplin was the Daggers loss. The Daggers haven't lost, we've won the superb Glyn Hopkin.
Auntie Merge

Oh and when Billericay goes bust I will say I told you so. Given how much abuse I took from people who I thought knew better, I've earned that right at least.
The Romford Dagger

Diggerthedog wrote:
TomMc wrote:Wah wah wah, your hypocrisy gets called out and you've got nothing but the same old comebacks.

Edit - you can even see what I thought at the time in one of the above polls. A "reluctant yes" if Tamplin's didn't get a controlling interest (i.e. so he couldn't do the crazy sh*t he's done at Billericay).
It was not hypocrisy I had my feelings known and that was enough, pointless to keep non stop protesting specially when on the pitch we were doing great.

He would have done what he wanted in the end and that would have been to turn us into a circus. He was already calling the shots before he took over. Speak to the previous nice members of the board to find out. The fact he has refused to pay a penny despite his gentlemanly handshake says what sort of chap he is. We got rid of a long term sponsor in Barking college and now his company is displayed on that stand he has paid nothing, zero, Zilch.

I can now sit and laugh at Billericay and those they swallowed his crap.
Why would you laugh at Billericay? I feel sorry for their supporters tbh.
The Romford Dagger

Auntie Merge wrote:Oh and when Billericay goes bust I will say I told you so. Given how much abuse I took from people who I thought knew better, I've earned that right at least.
You received abuse? Surely you don't mean from people on here?

I disagreed about the protests. I can now say I'm glad you did protest so I hold my hands up with that.

But abuse? From who?
Auntie Merge

Yes, abuse from people on here and also a couple of people in the ground.
Daggerfrom70s

It is a shame about their future. A lot of development has been suggested around that area with the government houssing targets for Basildon Council so the ground will occupy valuable real estate. Not a reason to buy the club, is it ??
The Romford Dagger

Auntie Merge wrote:Yes, abuse from people on here and also a couple of people in the ground.
Blimey
Mikins

Daggerfrom70s wrote:It is a shame about their future. A lot of development has been suggested around that area with the government houssing targets for Basildon Council so the ground will occupy valuable real estate. Not a reason to buy the club, is it ??
Ha yeah, and thats never happened before eh? ;)

I live at the foot end of the road where Grays Athletic's ground used to be, have to say they made a lot money dumping a cheap shit estate right on top of it. Half those houses won't last 30 years given how badly they're built, but if you can sell each one for 250k you'll walk away laughing.

Next up Glen Tamplin founds "Tamplin Construction" and the bell starts ringing...
Sorry about your damn luck!
Voice of reason

Although this is headed Billericay watch it does apply to the Daggers too
At the very least it will hopefully make sure everyone is much more sceptical in future
Glenn Tamplin is very close to the Hunt family
Whether they are involved with Glenn's football activities isn't clear
DevonDagger

Interestingly (and yes relevant to Daggers), according to the NLP, John Still was wanted by Tamplin just prior to his new 2-year contract with us.

If this is true, we know Tamplin is splashing the cash, but with the large amount of cash already spent, I wonder if he was able to offer him enough to tempt him to drop several leagues during the final stretch of his career.
Richie

DevonDagger wrote:Interestingly (and yes relevant to Daggers), according to the NLP, John Still was wanted by Tamplin just prior to his new 2-year contract with us.

If this is true, we know Tamplin is splashing the cash, but with the large amount of cash already spent, I wonder if he was able to offer him enough to tempt him to drop several leagues during the final stretch of his career.
Well we know the answer to that