Billericay Watch

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
The Romford Dagger

Auntie Merge wrote:Yes, abuse from people on here and also a couple of people in the ground.
Blimey
Mikins

Daggerfrom70s wrote:It is a shame about their future. A lot of development has been suggested around that area with the government houssing targets for Basildon Council so the ground will occupy valuable real estate. Not a reason to buy the club, is it ??
Ha yeah, and thats never happened before eh? ;)

I live at the foot end of the road where Grays Athletic's ground used to be, have to say they made a lot money dumping a cheap shit estate right on top of it. Half those houses won't last 30 years given how badly they're built, but if you can sell each one for 250k you'll walk away laughing.

Next up Glen Tamplin founds "Tamplin Construction" and the bell starts ringing...
Sorry about your damn luck!
Voice of reason

Although this is headed Billericay watch it does apply to the Daggers too
At the very least it will hopefully make sure everyone is much more sceptical in future
Glenn Tamplin is very close to the Hunt family
Whether they are involved with Glenn's football activities isn't clear
DevonDagger

Interestingly (and yes relevant to Daggers), according to the NLP, John Still was wanted by Tamplin just prior to his new 2-year contract with us.

If this is true, we know Tamplin is splashing the cash, but with the large amount of cash already spent, I wonder if he was able to offer him enough to tempt him to drop several leagues during the final stretch of his career.
Richie

DevonDagger wrote:Interestingly (and yes relevant to Daggers), according to the NLP, John Still was wanted by Tamplin just prior to his new 2-year contract with us.

If this is true, we know Tamplin is splashing the cash, but with the large amount of cash already spent, I wonder if he was able to offer him enough to tempt him to drop several leagues during the final stretch of his career.
Well we know the answer to that
RampantDuke

What the hell was that just whizzed past our ears?

Oh it was a bullet. Phew!

...and don't dare criticise Tom Mac - he has been to two home games on the trott which doubles his attendance since 2005. ;-)
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
BarkingRambo

Scrolling down the BBC Sportsday page today and I see that Mark Wright is about to buy 20% of Billericay. Feels to me like another bullet dodged.
mickeyblue

but we finished 9th!
Mark

Good publicity for them but think that was always likely with his connections.
The Romford Dagger

A quick look on his twitter and I see he's been retweeting that story with the young lad who needs the operation he gave money to.

Apparently Dagenham fans threw tamplin to the wolves but he's now leading the pack.

All a bit embarrassing really that he's put himself as manager.
Mark

All part of the machine isn't it.
dagger4eva

They have now signed Jamie O' Hara and in advanced talks with Carlton Cole. Their budget must be well over the £30k per week mark...

The circus continues and praise the lord we escaped from it!!!

Watch this space :lol:
mickeyblue

I bet ohara on 10k at least utter madness

wonder if we get a friendly next season
but we finished 9th!
A S dagger97

mickeyblue wrote:wonder if we get a friendly next season
Will they even still exist next season :lol:
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
The Romford Dagger

dagger4eva wrote:They have now signed Jamie O' Hara and in advanced talks with Carlton Cole. Their budget must be well over the £30k per week mark...

The circus continues and praise the lord we escaped from it!!!

Watch this space :lol:
Bl00dy hell

He's lost the plot