Maidstone

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
TommyD&R

Also, where are these Guttridge and Still fallout rumours coming from? I've just been seeing people on twitter saying they've heard it from a 'good source' but nothing more.
Richie

stanton101 wrote:So we're losing 2-0 and what do you do, bring on a forward? er no, bring on a midfielder? er no.
I know, let's bring on a full back, ffs, stupid old fool.
Everyone blames the injuries, but who signs these sicknotes!!!
Howell, Guttridge, Williams, the other dud from Luton whose recently just returned from a serious knee injury, ****** me the list is endless.
And just because Justham makes a howler last time, I know let's drop him for cousins, wtf does that do to your number one choice keepers confidence, idiot.
And what prey tell did Staunton do wrong, to be arse warming the bench every week when he's clearly fit.
It seems to me that if your face fits, your ok with still, if not the dictators word is final.
Fed up with this shit.
And Frankie Raymond was absolute dog shit, the only bloke who kept going tonight was Feji, he had a go and never gave up, the rest were ******** dreadful.
Yes, that is why all teams have a manager. If the manager likes them they play. If he doesn't, they do not.
stanton101

Richie wrote:
stanton101 wrote:So we're losing 2-0 and what do you do, bring on a forward? er no, bring on a midfielder? er no.
Howell, Guttridge, Williams, the other dud from Luton whose recently just returned from a serious knee injury, ****** me the list is endless.
And just because Justham makes a howler last time, I know let's drop him for cousins, wtf does that do to your number one choice keepers confidence, idiot.
And what prey tell did Staunton do wrong, to be arse warming the bench every week when he's clearly fit.
It seems to me that if your face fits, your ok with still, if not the dictators word is final.
Fed up with this shit.
And Frankie Raymond was absolute dog shit, the only bloke who kept going tonight was Feji, he had a go and never gave up, the rest were ******** dreadful.
Yes, that is why all teams have a manager. If the manager likes them they play. If he doesn't, they do not.
Funny that I always thought it was based on ability, but there you go.
Richie

stanton101 wrote:
Richie wrote:
Fed up with this shit.
Funny that I always thought it was based on ability, but there you go.
And who judges their ability?
stanton101

Yes, that is why all teams have a manager. If the manager likes them they play. If he doesn't, they do not.[/quote]

Funny that I always thought it was based on ability, but there you go.[/quote]

And who judges their ability?[/quote]

The very same bloke who deemed him good enough for the best part of the season, who hardly put a foot wrong only to be dropped for yet another cripple from Luton. Hence the favouritism. Lots of managers don't see eye to eye with players and vice versa, but ability wise they still get picked, for the good of the team and the fans who pay their wages.
chasthedagger

Christ, some people are never satisfied, if at the end of last season someone had said after 34 games we would be 2nd in the table i think most would have bitten their hand off.
But we still have people moaning, alright we have gone off the boil god knows what abuse the manager and players would be getting if we had been as bad as last season get a grip, even if we finish out of the play offs we have seen a big improvement, so be patient and give it a rest slagging off everyone and be positive god knows if any of the players read these comments what it would do for there confidence.
Mike the Dagger

I'd say we have a very good first team that is more than capable of winning this thing, but little depth.

The last time we won the Conference we were lucky in that there was pretty much a settled side all season, and when we did have to make changes we brought in good replacements (Strevens for CMS, Arber for Boardman) and kept it all going. Same is true for the League Two play off winners.

This season we have a horrible injury record and the second string is showing that they are just that. How many times this season has the same 11 started consecutive matches?

Losing Whiteley for three games has hurt recently. When Fijiri was out injured it had a massive impact. Robinson has still not really been replaced. We have not had a consistent right back at all, and have constantly had to change the centre half pairing. Gutteridge is key to us but seems to be made of glass.

"That's football"...