Penalties again

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Pie & Mash

Embarrassing
leewilson

I'd love to know our penalty record over the last few years. Feels like we miss more than we score.
daggersjeff

It does seem that way......

Other than that, we deserved all we got today..... stupid sending off......Boucaud piss- balling about instead of keeping it simple.....Donellan was the stand out player for me..but even he made errors.....

Need to pick themselves up quickly for Bromley & Maidstone this week
Chigwellian

What did Grant bring to the team ... is he even a footballer?
ARNU

Terrible. All whitelys fault. New bloke didn't pull up any trees and Howells made me feel positively skinny. Shepherd had a mare today their little winger owned him thru out. John stills interview on the radio was spot on, best team won today. Straight reds a 3 match ban for Whitley, I hope he learns from this. We always lose the cheapo game don't we. Get a decent crowd then play shite.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
SUSSEX DAGGER

Did not make it today, sounds like we left off from last week. People got a bit carried away by the flattering score line , for most parts we were dreadfull other then the last third nearest our goal.

Yet another sending off ,nearly half our games this season has seen somebody sent off it must be nearly a record. G
DI Mike Dashwood

Probably a bit harsh to question whether Grant is even a footballer based on 45 minutes less than 24 hours after signing!!!

Lets be honest, that was a horror show all over the pitch. The officials were terrible at times but thats not why we lost the game. We were totally out thought and out fought.

Not sure how Robson was MOM. Roughed up all afternoon and dithered around on the ball nearly as much as Bouchard. The full backs both had mares and Hawkins missed a couple of very good chances. I thought Donnellan was probably our best player and Benno looked quite sharp when he came on.

Oh well, missed opportunity but onwards and upwards.
Last edited by DI Mike Dashwood on Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alan

We were terrible. But we had enough chances to have got something out of that. Hawkins had 3 very presentable chances first half and failed to hit the target with any of them. The penalty was so bloody poor - baffled as to why no yellow card to the bloke who handled the cross though.
RampantDuke

Shocking performance all round. Never got going until the last 5 minutes of the game when it was too late. Looked flat, tired and clueless before Whitely got sent off. We made them look good. What a great day for Lincoln City - if you told their fans that this would happen today they wouldn't have believed it in a million years. Need to pick up in time for Tuesday or it could start to go wrong very quickly.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
Dagdale

That was a really poor performance today, lost so much of the game plan when Whitely had that moment of madness, referee had no choice and didn't we just know it wasn't going to be the same Guiseley we saw earlier in the season when we fairly beat them 2-0, how well they took their two goals and deservedly won, you could say a few ifs and but's, the Hawk came so close twice, but Maggie Drew would have sealed that penalty at such a crucial time in the game we could easily have bought confidence into our ten men unit and got at least a point and what double blow our 'proven penalty taker' was not available!
Diggerthedog

ARNU wrote:Terrible. All whitelys fault. New bloke didn't pull up any trees and Howells made me feel positively skinny. Shepherd had a mare today their little winger owned him thru out. John stills interview on the radio was spot on, best team won today. Straight reds a 3 match ban for Whitley, I hope he learns from this. We always lose the cheapo game don't we. Get a decent crowd then play shite.
Decent crowd?
ARNU

Almost twice our normal gate. 32 away supporters today so 2000+ daggers. I ain't got the energy to argue for ten pages about this. A significantly bigger crowd than we'll get on Tuesday at least. Must be our biggest gate this season and we ****** it up in front of them is my basic point.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
SUSSEX DAGGER

ARNU wrote:Almost twice our normal gate. 32 away supporters today so 2000+ daggers. I ain't got the energy to argue for ten pages about this. A significantly bigger crowd than we'll get on Tuesday at least. Must be our biggest gate this season and we ****** it up in front of them is my basic point.
Sad thing is Arun think we would see gates like this a bit more often if it was not for our pricing.

If we had charged normal prices today those 32 would have paid nearly double me and my son paid up there.

Really does need looking at.
stanton101

Someone really needs to have a word with shepherd, he's a wingers dream the amount of space he gives them. I'd love to know what exactly has happened to josh Staunton, has he left us? If not, why is he not playing, he hardly put a foot wrong all season, whether that's in midfield or at the back. I'm all for squad rotation, but this is getting ridiculous.
We need to concentrate from the off in future and cannot afford to be giving teams goals starts every week. Really disappointing performance and all down to whitely I'm afraid, but he's dug us out of situations this season time and time again, so we can't be too hard on him, just hope he learns from his mistake.
SteveW

Chigwellian wrote:What did Grant bring to the team ... is he even a footballer?
Why don't you just stop posting on the forum. You obviously don't actually watch matches, you just post to get a reaction (guilty as charged)..
Do yourself a favour and keep you inane nonsense to yourself.