Next up... Guiseley AFC

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ayrisdagger

On paper should be quite an easy game and an easy 3 points but as we all know this league brings the unexpected with it all the time. As most of you probably know John Rooney signed on loan to Guiseley from Wrexham till the end of the season and has already showed his goal scoring presence at Guiseley after scoring the winner last night. But I still can't see him helping them grab any points on Saturday.

Predicted Lineup:
Justham
Widdowson
Doe
Robson
Shepherd
Boucaud
Howell
Whitely
Okenabirhie
Maguire-Drew
Hawkins

Score prediction:
4-0 DAGGERS!!!
A S dagger97

Can see us conceding with our home defensive record not being great BUT still fully expect three points.

Justham
Widdowson
Robson
S Donnellan
Shepherd
Boucaud
Raymond
Whitely
Fejiri
Maguire-Drew
Hawkins

2-1
Fejiri Hawkins
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
stanton101

Normally I think along the lines as every home game being a potential banana skin, but on this occasion I think we'll win comfortably.

Daggers 6-1 Guiseley
Whitely 3
JMD 2
Hawkins

Att. 2,016
Lcbdagger

Let's keep the optimism going... 4-1 win

Simply because I expect us to concede
leewilson

To give Guiseley some credit, they're a much better side than the one which lost their first 7 games. Says a lot that their record since then is won 8, drawn 8 and lost 9. Mid table form really. They've only lost 2 of their last ten with 4 wins (2 of which came against Lincoln and Macclesfield) and 4 draws.

We should be beating them but this won't be as easy as Southport. Mind you Guiseley's away form is far worse than their home form. Still, I'm a tad wary as our home form is a bit up and down.

They've also bought quite a bit considering their position. Largely solid L2/Conference names such as Jake Cassidy, Derek Asamoah and Kevan Hurst, plus the aforementioned John Rooney.

I don't think we'll roll them over. In fact, I'm expecting a difficult game. They'll come to defend, frustrate and look to nab a goal. They enough pros who have played at a decent level to do this. Here's hoping I'm wrong and it's a comfortable 3-0 but I fear this could be an irritating draw.
Diggerthedog

We have enough to beat them, just like last weekend played for about 20mins and was out of sight. More of the same please.
BillyC94

Agree a lot with Lee here that it'll be a lot more difficult than the league table suggests. However, these are the games we have to win in order to keep the pressure on Lincoln which should be the aim at the moment. It'll be hard to change a winning team however does anyone know the whereabouts of Gutts and Howell last week? It would be nice to have them on hand in case it does get tough on Saturday. Important to stay confident and say we'll win 3-1. Hawks is due one and hopefully Fejiri can continue his excellent return to the side. When was the last time we made it 6 on the trot?
It's a game of opinions. @BillyCove94
DI Mike Dashwood

At a guess I would say 00/01 Feb and March, but we may have done it since, during the 06/07 season??
leewilson

BillyC94 wrote:Agree a lot with Lee here that it'll be a lot more difficult than the league table suggests. However, these are the games we have to win in order to keep the pressure on Lincoln which should be the aim at the moment. It'll be hard to change a winning team however does anyone know the whereabouts of Gutts and Howell last week? It would be nice to have them on hand in case it does get tough on Saturday. Important to stay confident and say we'll win 3-1. Hawks is due one and hopefully Fejiri can continue his excellent return to the side. When was the last time we made it 6 on the trot?
Both Gutts and Howell are injured unfortunately. Howell's looks like it's going to keep him out for a while again which is a real shame.
Auntie Merge

I expect us to follow the Academy's lead.
A win for the daggers, a slight improvement in our goal difference ;)
Kevin

I don't know what I expect to be honest.

We've been decidedly iffy at home for a fair few months - and all this 'on paper we should..' stuff has been proven to be pretty irrelevant throughout the past 150 odd years of football being invented.

That said, I like the balance of the four young lads in attack, and there definitely seems to be a togetherness in the squad that hasn't been seen for the past 3 years - so maybe a funky little 3-1 win..perhaps a couple from Hawkins + Fejiri

C'mon you Daggers!! 8-)
NBDag

Mostly agree with what's said above. After predicting us to breeze past Chester, I don't know if I think we will win comfortably today.

Also I've seen John Still say that he's looking to play Howells today, maybe even start him. Really hope this isn't true as I don't know why you would want to break up this attacking trio in midfield that are playing so well.
The Romford Dagger

3-1 daggers I reckon