Lincoln - Away

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
RayleighDagger1986

Am I going mad or has our game at Lincoln on 25th Feb been postponed? Don't recall seeing any news but both BBC and our website say it's P-P?
rechitski kinzhal

Yes - Lincoln still in FAT.
Dagdale

Talking about this yesterday at Southport, because Lincoln are on the start of virtually a two game per week stint for quite a while most of us agreed that we can not see our boys meeting them till at least 14th of March or if things stay close between us for a time who knows B T sport may swing it to what suits them with a good viewing date.
NBDag

Looking at both our fixture lists it looks like this game could be played on the 14th March. Which is annoying as it's between our games against FGR and Barrow. Shame that it'll be midweek as it would have been good to get a load of fans up there for it.
DevonDagger

With this confirmed as Tuesday, April 4, on the official site, we've got a fairly lengthy wait for this one as it turns out.
Sadly, but perhaps as expected it's also midweek. No mention of whether BT will or will not show the game as of yet but I would think it's still a likely one.

Our annual leave at work turns over the end of March. At least that means I might be able to go if finances allow.
Diggerthedog

Due to UEFA rules no other live games can be shown on TV the same night as champions league ties so I checked and it's a champions league free night.
NBDag

Would be good if some of that £5k donated by Hopkin can be put behind coach travel for this. Was looking at trains earlier and it seems that the last train heading to London from Lincoln that night is around 20:30. Being what looks set to be the biggest game of the season, cheap coach travel may be the best way to get a good number of fans up there, seeing as trains don't seem to be a viable option.
The Romford Dagger

NBDag wrote:Would be good if some of that £5k donated by Hopkin can be put behind coach travel for this. Was looking at trains earlier and it seems that the last train heading to London from Lincoln that night is around 20:30. Being what looks set to be the biggest game of the season, cheap coach travel may be the best way to get a good number of fans up there, seeing as trains don't seem to be a viable option.
A Lincoln fan came on the Ipswich forum recently before the cup game and said that the trains for evening games are impossible. It's coach travel for away fans or stay overnight.

So I too think that some of that 5k going to this game would be a fantastic idea.

The more away fans encouraged to attend such a big game, the better imo
Mike the Dagger

The Romford Dagger wrote:
Amazing stuff. Where are Ipswich that night?
Diggerthedog

Why discount a match where people are going to go regardless of price? Surely discount the games when not many fancy it.
The Romford Dagger

Mike the Dagger wrote:

Just had a look. Wigan at home.

Not sure why that's relevant?

As a side note, does anyone else notice how people sing in the TBS stand now. Remember when I was riduculed for trying to start that three years ago.

And yet who was right..
Mike the Dagger

Mike the Dagger wrote:

Will The Romford "Dagger" be taking in the vital top of the table National League clash or a pointless mid table vs dead man Championship fixture I wonder?

Seriously fella, please stop lecturing about people that support the Daggers and what they ought to be doing on a Tueday night eh??
The Romford Dagger

Mike the Dagger wrote:

Will The Romford "Dagger" be taking in the vital top of the table National League clash or a pointless mid table vs dead man Championship fixture I wonder?

Seriously fella, please stop lecturing about people that support the Daggers and what they ought to be doing on a Tueday night eh??[/quote]

I haven't lectured anybody?

If you read what i actually said, you'll see I said that from that 5k money, this would be a good one to subsidise. I'm sure you hardcore Dagenham fans would want the best chance of going if you want to as possible.

With the trains not running, cheap coach travel is the next best option.

Though you clearly didn't read that properly did you?
Mike the Dagger

I haven't lectured anybody?

If you read what i actually said, you'll see I said that from that 5k money, this would be a good one to subsidise. I'm sure you hardcore Dagenham fans would want the best chance of going if you want to as possible.

With the trains not running, cheap coach travel is the next best option.

Though you clearly didn't read that properly did you?
I'm pretty sure that as many people will get to this one as can for a long distance game in midweek which will mean a day off work regardless for most that make the effort. Subsidising the cost of travel by a few quid is the least of peoples worries TBH.

Will the throng of Daggers include you?
Dagdale

Actually there is a train back to Kings Cross that leaves Lincoln at 21:40, going Newark Castle presume walk to Newark North Gate departs from there 23:07 and get's into the Cross at 1:03, according to the Great Western train site who I always books my trains with. Know crossing town then might become a bit of a nightmare for going East and not sure if TFl Shenfield runs late from Liverpool Street, of course tubes would be closed, maybe a couple of years time may go 24/7 midweek like some lines on weekends. What ever way you look at if it stays like this its gotta be the makings of a classic and 'worth putting the boat out' and those boys need all our support and although never ventured there heard its one of the best grounds for acoustics and quality of ground at this level.