Chester

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Alan

Just when you thought the officials in this division couldn't get any worse....

Didn't play well, but got the result. Having players back and being able to make substitutions that influence the game is a huge bonus. Thought Howell was excellent, must be pushing for a start.
Diggerthedog

I don't think we were that poor had many chances to get further goals where as Chester probably scored from their only two.Some of the barracking of our players is pathetic one telling Hawkins to get off the pitch for being useless what a clown.

We can't play teams off the park each week and Chester are a decent side, we got a win due to their time wasting as soon as they went 2-1 up. Ref was poor and how he booked Robdon for a perfect challenge I will never know but poor refs are expected now, he was just week have conversations every foul.

March now looks tough away from home that will now include Lincoln on a Tuesday night.
Mark

Hawkins was told to see it out. Instead he turned his back and stopped.

We were way off mentally today, bad decisions bad concentration. Subs changed the game.

Robson was excellent and a one man defence at times.

Justham took some stick for kicking to Guttridge all the time and his couple of loose passes and really took exception to it. I'm not sure what he expects if he plays us into trouble. Crowd can be a bit negative at times but we were largely awful today which isn't going to elicit a round of applause.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Mmmm . Knew this was going to be hard they are a team who won't lie down and die. They did a good job on us up there .

All credit to them they still had a go at 2-2 with 10 men.

Can't blame them for game management tactics that for the referee to deal with and like most things he failed.

Once again the opponents goalkeeper made some very good saves.

11 sendings off now in games involving The Daggers never known so many .
Adrian

We seem to have a lot of spoilt children in our support.
The last two years were awful and now we're a better side some don't seem to be able to cope with everyone not playing well all the time.

Hawkins takes a poor penalty for the first time and gets dug out over it.
The one time we put a ball on his head in the area he forces a really good save.
Some seem desperate for him to fail and I really don't get it.
Mike the Dagger

Adrian wrote: Hawkins takes a poor penalty for the first time and gets dug out over it.
To be fair the penalty at Braintree was poor too, but we scored on the third rebound then.

The Hawk had a poor game today by his standard but he's still 2nd top scorer in this league.
ARNU

I like Hawkins. Just think he's made hard work of a few pens. Today's was a shit penalty that's all. Should have headed that ball out but if the keeper makes a call you'd have to blame the keeper.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mark

Was very impressed with their 9. Amazed he's playing for them tbh.
Sagres

Mike the Dagger wrote: The Hawk had a poor game today by his standard but he's still 2nd top scorer in this league.
1. Ricky Miller – 27 Goals
2. Byron Harrison – 18 Goals
3. Oliver Hawkins – 17 Goals
Mike the Dagger

You are right of course, he's shit, only 3rd top scorer.
Adrian

ARNU wrote:I like Hawkins. Just think he's made hard work of a few pens. Today's was a shit penalty that's all. Should have headed that ball out but if the keeper makes a call you'd have to blame the keeper.
You were wrong when you dug him out over penalties before. Up to Braintree he hadn't missed any and only one did a keeper get close to.
ARNU

How many of his kicks go straight in the net ? You seem to mix up my thoughts that Hawkins isn't a great penalty taker with hatred for the man Adrian. Why did he not step up for the 2nd one today ?
chasthedagger

I cant believe that some idiots are slagging off players when we are 2nd in the table, after the dross we saw last season, if you are not happy with the team then piss off somewhere else.
ARNU

Who's not happy with the team ?
Chigwellian

I must be reading a different forum ... I haven't read anywhere that people are pissed off with the team :?