GAME OFF

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
steeevooo

You won't know if you look at the official website (why would you do that?!!) but Bromley are reporting that today's game has been called off
Kevin

Yep, it's on the BBC website as well - frozen pitch :(
Daggernewbie

Has anyone been in touch with the club ?
grumpy old git

Official website p... Up and brewery spring to mind.
Daggernewbie

picture of the pitch.
pitch2.jpg
pitch2.jpg (38.15 KiB) Viewed 16538 times
Daggernewbie

another photo
Attachments
pitch.jpg
pitch.jpg (96.89 KiB) Viewed 16528 times
Daggernewbie

It`s on the club web site now a bit late
durnzo

Of course it is, I've finished work early and was gonna even squeeze in a couple of Nelsons in the easty. Oh well, I shall head down the cross keys instead.
ARNU

Result ! I'm abroad so would have missed it. Also a chance for injured players to get fit.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Dagdale

Just got up to top of Vic Road at 1 and I know its crops up here and there but too hard a pitch and no softening from sunlight thus a danger to players getting injured so fair play, just hope it don't happen a hr or two from Scouseland Saturday, talking of scousers pretty decent replacement viewing in club watching the Swans topple Reds in a entertaining 5 goal bash and nearly every one a fine one.
Diggerthedog

Can see we can get West Ham's you team games called off in good time but not our own.
durnzo

I know what you mean. If the ground is frozen first thing in the morning of the match, and the temp is below 0, and there's no undersoil heating then it ain't gonna happen. Although I won't give the club to much stick apart from the fact I heard it on talkshite a while before it went on the official website, and I doubt they had anyone at the match so must've heard it 2nd hand themselves.
Adrian

It was tweeted by the club, and therefore shown on the website before it was mentioned on here.

It's up to the ref to call the game off. As Bromley didn't have far to come they'd have tried to give it as much time as possible to see if it could be played.
It hasn't warmed up since Saturday so would always have still been frozen today so it's not that shocking that it gets announced earlier for the West Ham game.
Diggerthedog

Had they checked same time Friday they could have made a decision it would have been worse Saturday as Friday night was colder. Some people live further away than Bromley. The whole episode was a shambles. The lack of updates was the thing. Only positive spending the afternoon in the pub.
ARNU

Game gets called off in frosty conditions shocker ...........NOT !!!
I actually left the uk Friday morning and thought that game might not go ahead and I'll see it when it's rescheduled if Saturday is anything like the last few days.
Can't really understand the fuss, it happens most years and we all know why. I'm sure we had games called off a few seasons back when the pitch was ok but the surrounding roads were to slippy for fans. If in futur you can remember-4 = frozen pitch maybe the surprise won't be so great ffs !
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !