Graham Taylor and Dimitri Payet

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
durnzo

The thought of the romford Pele going to Barcelona or Madrid is amusing. Hes be sent off every match he played. I know my opinion is perfect world thinking, so that's why I don't follow the prem league anymore. Which, I know, is my decision and others are free to form they're own opinions and do a they please, but it's still an obscene, ludicrous industry and I certainly won't be feeling sorry for any of them!!!
mickeyblue

its not just prem league tho. imagine if we stood in way of players you think any of them would be happy staying here on a fiver a week when they could earn more?

there is only a few players ever who can hold there head up , le tiss is defo 1 that harmed his football career by staying with a smaller club and turnin down millions.
count the number of players we have discarded over time with no thought for them.
id suggest its alot more than just that mate.
i stopped watching prem as fell in love with daggers plus the fact its to expensive at prem sides. the diving pisses me off more than anything else tho.
but we finished 9th!
RampantDuke

mickeyblue wrote:what a load of nonsense. if i or anyone wanted out of our job then we offer our notice serve that then move on. west ham refused his transfer request that completly wrong aswell.
what about the crap that west ham want rid off is that ok as its the clubs choice?
refusing to train yes thats just plain wrong and he should be fined the maximum for that, 100k a week im pretty certain its not just about money eh. not sure on the club he has been tapped up by but i bet there a hell of alot bigger and better than west ham.

graham taylor was a awesome manager who was a tad unlucky at international level, i still remember the ooooo we losing bring on alan smith and he even laughed about it after. so many players and managers will have learnt alot from the guy.
Never understood that comparison - you are not comparing apples with apples because football works differently to normal employment. When you sign a contract at a football club it is binding until that contract ends. This works for both players and the club so if the player gets injured for example the club can't just kick them out. Equally if that player performs badly they still get paid for the full length of a contract - therefore if you sign a contract in football you should be prepared to play for that club for as long as they want you to. End of.

With a normal employment contract we are usually on 1-3 months notice. The contract you sign says the either you or the company can terminate your contract at any time so long as you agree to work your notice so if you get offered more money or fancy a change then you are at liberty to exercise that right without prejudice.

So the fact is that Payet is in complete breach of contract by refusing to play which is why he is totally out of order and there is no reasonable excuse for his behaviour.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
RampantDuke

Prick got his own way in the end then. No point in anyone getting excited when a player signs a long term deal at their club anymore. Not worth the paper they are written on. I guess it just protects the clubs from arsehole footballers leaving on a free.
durnzo

Excellent point about the club still paying the players even when they're injured. I shall be passing that off as my own from now on in this never ending debate. Top tier football is a vile pit and will never change. Although if they don't address the worrying average age of the average premier league crowd it could all go the other way In a decade or so, unless the TV money just keeps going up and up.
TomMc

RampantDuke wrote:Prick got his own way in the end then. No point in anyone getting excited when a player signs a long term deal at their club anymore. Not worth the paper they are written on. I guess it just protects the clubs from arsehole footballers leaving on a free.
It's hardly something new though, or limited to players, Alan Pardew signed an 8 year contract in 2012, left within two years of signing it.
RampantDuke

TomMc wrote:
RampantDuke wrote:Prick got his own way in the end then. No point in anyone getting excited when a player signs a long term deal at their club anymore. Not worth the paper they are written on. I guess it just protects the clubs from arsehole footballers leaving on a free.
It's hardly something new though, or limited to players, Alan Pardew signed an 8 year contract in 2012, left within two years of signing it.
Good point - managers are even worse because you can't stick them in the reserves if they ask to leave.