Graham Taylor and Dimitri Payet

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
RampantDuke

I read these two stories back to back this afternoon and thought what an amazing contrast between the two. One story is about a fella that gave everything to football either as a pundit, player or manager and even when the chips were down he always managed a smile and cracked on with it with grace and good humour. His contribution to the world of football was massive and will be missed. The other is about a greedy, self centered, whinging, vastly overpaid overnight enigma who isn't worth the crap on my shoe and has given about a 1,000th of what the other one contributed to the game (and I don't even support West Ham). One of them sadly died. It was the wrong one.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
durnzo

Well said mate, I don't support West ham either but players like him are exactly why I turned my back on prem football. Bunch of ***** of the highest order!!!
dagger4eva

I don't necessarily disagree with the initial post AND I don't necessarily put them both in the same bracket - BUT there is one reason, and one reason alone why our own Assombalonga has made the move across to TOWIE FC....... £££££££££££££££££

It happens at all levels now - not only the premier league, only at the top you're talking millions instead of thousands.
RampantDuke

Sure but Assombalonga didn't refuse to play for us and go on strike while taking our money. He earned a move through playing football to the best of his ability and TOWIE obviously rated him. I don't mind anyone moving clubs for more money but there is a way to go about these things and acting like a petulant 5 year old with his arms crossed is not it. Clubs need to take back the power somehow.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
SUSSEX DAGGER

Sorry to hear about the untimely passing of a Gentleman, who although found out remained somebody who remained dignified throughout .

As for the other idiot , words fail me and that is why I can't even be arsed to reach for the remote these days to watch it.

Money is god in this mad world of football but he is not alone there is he even those who claim to be the ultimate loyalist who have been persuaded by the filthy Luca .
mickeyblue

what a load of nonsense. if i or anyone wanted out of our job then we offer our notice serve that then move on. west ham refused his transfer request that completly wrong aswell.
what about the crap that west ham want rid off is that ok as its the clubs choice?
refusing to train yes thats just plain wrong and he should be fined the maximum for that, 100k a week im pretty certain its not just about money eh. not sure on the club he has been tapped up by but i bet there a hell of alot bigger and better than west ham.

graham taylor was a awesome manager who was a tad unlucky at international level, i still remember the ooooo we losing bring on alan smith and he even laughed about it after. so many players and managers will have learnt alot from the guy.
but we finished 9th!
ARNU

Payet signed a contract but as with the entitled spoilt brats of today it clearly means ****** all. Shouldn't have signed it. Leave him on the bench till it runs out.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
durnzo

The difference between ordinary life and the mystical gravy train that is football is that if I get offered a better job I wouldn't just down tools and demand to go. I'd speak to my current employer let them know, sort out a reasonable notice period so I didn't drop them in the shit and part on good terms. As you never burn bridges, especially in my game, it's a long time til you retire. If they want to leave they can tell the club and put their shift in til it's sorted, and if the club say no they should play out the megabucks contract they decided to sign when it was good enough at the time and then leave on a free.

I know this is all perfect world stuff and will never happen, so that's why I don't care about the greedy, prima Donna league. Bunch of muppets the lot of them!!!
Cockney Byrites

This is something I wrote as a new blog character about Payet and Costa.

Give it a read if you are inclined to.

Cheers!!

https://cockneybyritesagameofheadersand ... an-do-one/
durnzo

Absolutely spot on. Ray parlour was on talkshite today and Adrian Durham said to him about when Sunderland offered him a pay rise to join them under Peter Reid. He said he turned it down cos he was enjoying his football playing with genuinely world class players and winning, or at least competing to win, everything in site. You won't see that again!!! I've got no time for the premier league nowadays. From the corporate crowd to tv changing match times at the last minute and the fact an average bench warmer can earn on one week what 5 nurses get in a year. I understand that the monies there, and yes I would take it, but it's disgusting on my humble.
mickeyblue

would ray parlour have gone to Milan or Barcelona for More money back then. of course he would
football clubs are ruthless so are players so what move on.
I bet lots in here are still bitter over Paul ince moving all them years back.
but we finished 9th!
Alan

I reckon Ray Parlour was also influenced by the fact that playing at arsenal allowed him to remain living where he grew up, where his family lived etc, whereas moving to Sunderland would have been a huge upheaval. And he talks about staying at a club where he was playing with the best players in the world, fighting for trophies - doesn't really apply to the situation Payet is in, does it?
Chigwellian

I thought Ray Parlour moved to middlesbrough after Arsenal, if I'm right, then he did move away from where he grew up.
Mike the Dagger

So apparently Payet wants to move back to Marseilles because his wife and kids aren't happy in England and he would actually be taking a pay cut to do so, not because he is looking for more. New songwriter for the Hammers fans please.

While he ought to have though have that before he signed a new contract, you do have to have a bit of sympathy for the guy.

Parlour moved to Middlesbrough at the end of his Arsenal career, not at the peak of his "powers", and it might have been partly down to his famous divorce settlement.
Alan

Chigwellian wrote:I thought Ray Parlour moved to middlesbrough after Arsenal, if I'm right, then he did move away from where he grew up.
Yeah, but when Arsenal released him and he'd got divorced though, not when he had the choice of staying at arsenal and being with his family.