The season thus far

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

Well into the 2nd half of the season now and to be just THREE points off top of the league (having played a game or 2 extra granted) is a quite phenomenal effort.

When you consider ALL the nonsense regarding the takeover (still up in the air) - considering all the injuries we've had, and considering the bad run of form we've been through and hopefully now come out the other end of - I think Stilly and the players deserve a huge amount of credit for where we find ourselves.

Just look at the difference between ourselves and York - both relegated last season.
We are a huge 30 points and +37 goal difference better off than them. That surely highlights better than anything just how well we have done.

Anyway, still 18 games to go and 54 points up for grabs - absolutely EVERYTHING still to play for!!
Diggerthedog

I think we have done brilliant too but blimey this league is really crap and is a lot worse of than the last time we were down here. Had we had a fully fit squad for the season we would have romped the division.

We're now counting on two teams messing up so think we will get a play off spot and win at Wembley. Final hurrah for John and off to Cyprus he trotts.
dagger4eva

I'd definitely agree it seems to be a generally much lower standard than when we were down here last.

This could certainly be our best chance for a while to get back up to the so called promised land!
Lcbdagger

Every opportunity to win this league... But it needs a stronger home record going forward
The Romford Dagger

Diggerthedog wrote:I think we have done brilliant too but blimey this league is really crap and is a lot worse of than the last time we were down here. Had we had a fully fit squad for the season we would have romped the division.

We're now counting on two teams messing up so think we will get a play off spot and win at Wembley. Final hurrah for John and off to Cyprus he trotts.
I know it was their cup final and everything but Lincoln looked like a football league club in waiting on Saturday against Ipswich. 5000 Lincoln fans was impressive but no more than their team who looked excellent.

If they recreate that form, they'll win the league.
Diggerthedog

The Romford Dagger wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:I think we have done brilliant too but blimey this league is really crap and is a lot worse of than the last time we were down here. Had we had a fully fit squad for the season we would have romped the division.

I know it was their cup final and everything but Lincoln looked like a football league club in waiting on Saturday against Ipswich. 5000 Lincoln fans was impressive but no more than their team who looked excellent.

If they recreate that form, they'll win the league.
Everyone can play well in a one off game. We once took Charlton to a replay but never won the league. 5,000 makes me laugh where have these 5,000 fans been all season? Soon be back down to their 3,000 home gate just like the 1,000 who have disappeared since Everton.

The only way we will win the league if both Tranmere or Lincoln now mess up I think one might but not two and we need to beat them both away.
Alan

Agree the standard is poor. Couldn't believe on motif Trevor Sinclair saying there was little or no difference between leagues 1 & 2 and non league now - absolute rubbish.
Diggerthedog

Stick to overhead kicks trev!