I come with news

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
The Romford Dagger

Hawkins is heavily linked with ipswich I've heard today

Just thought I'd pass it on to you all.

Finally my ipswich connection is of use for this site

Hopefully both Ipswich and daggers take three points today
steeevooo

"I come with rumours" would be a better name for this thread then, no?
The Romford Dagger

steeevooo wrote:"I come with rumours" would be a better name for this thread then, no?

Just got in and seen this.

Maybe so. Although the source is usually pretty good.
BarkingRambo

If he does move to Ipswich hopefully they decide to loan him back for the rest of the season. He has potential but there is no way he is championship ready yet.
Diggerthedog

He is far too good for Ipswich needs to go to a team at the top of the Championship.
The Romford Dagger

Diggerthedog wrote:He is far too good for Ipswich needs to go to a team at the top of the Championship.
Hah. Knew that was coming
DaggerJoel11

View From The Stand wrote:Didn't put himself in the shop window with tonight's performance though.
On the contrary, thought Hawkins was great last night and proved he's more than just a goalscorer. He got a superb flick-on for Gutts' goal and held the ball up well too, plus had to deal with two men all over him whenever we got a set-piece.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Mike the Dagger

DaggerJoel11 wrote:
View From The Stand wrote:Didn't put himself in the shop window with tonight's performance though.
On the contrary, thought Hawkins was great last night and proved he's more than just a goalscorer. He got a superb flick-on for Gutts' goal and held the ball up well too, plus had to deal with two men all over him whenever we got a set-piece.
Mixed bag for Ollie last night. Should have at least hit the target with two really good chances for headers, but they couldn't cope with hm at all and the set up for the second goal was really good.

Decent perfomance against a poor side we should never have managed to lose to on Boxing Day.
ARNU

I like Hawkins but this is conference football. He was cack in league 2 last season, pure cack in fact. We do this with everyone who comes along remember how Woodall was gonna go to Notts forest ? Washes cars now I think. These boys would do well to see out this season and get a promotion on their cv. What championship club sources its strikers from the conference ? League 1 and 2 have a few decent no9's to choose from. Bet it don't happen, possibly ever.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Richie

ARNU wrote:I like Hawkins but this is conference football. He was cack in league 2 last season, pure cack in fact. We do this with everyone who comes along remember how Woodall was gonna go to Notts forest ? Washes cars now I think. These boys would do well to see out this season and get a promotion on their cv. What championship club sources its strikers from the conference ? League 1 and 2 have a few decent no9's to choose from. Bet it don't happen, possibly ever.
I'm sure you can think of one.
Alan

Can't say that I see Hawkins as a championship striker.
ARNU

Every season we get carried away with a player or two and in reality they're just a bit better than the rest of the mediocrity around them or in some cases not. What's happened to Jody jones ? I'm sure it was said on here he'd be playing in the prem. I hope any Dagenham player makes it but it's a hard ladder to climb. Sean shields Danny j green Brian Woodall all had Barcelona interested didn't they ? If I was gonna have a punt I'd say Corey whitely might go onto bigger and better things.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
The Romford Dagger

Alan wrote:Can't say that I see Hawkins as a championship striker.

Neither can I.

I pointed out on the Ipswich forum that he struggled when he played those games in league two and wouldn't help our goalscoring problems if we sign him this month.

That being said, he's cheap at something like 60k and we need a big striker so I can see why he was linked. There'd be a bit of a riot though if Town replaced a 4m striker with a conference striker tbh. But I know there is interest and we've definetely had a look.

If we were to fail to buy the Rotherham striker we want and unable to get someone like Bogle who's banging them in at league 2 level, I wouldn't be at all surprised if we loan a premier league/championship striker (like Woodrow who we apparently want from Fulham) and buy young Hawkins.

Only posted on here as I assumed it would be of interest. As I rarely make games at daggers now, I don't post too often. Still look out for results and watched the second half of the Braintree game yesterday when I got back from QPR though. I was quite impressed actually. Hawkins played ok. Ipswich fans thought the tackle on Raymond was a disgrace to football and that Hawkins 'played alright but didn't particularly stand out'.

It goes without saying that I'll update if I hear anything else. I wouldn't expect us to go for Ollie until later in the window if we do as a couple of things would've likely fell through by then.