I come with news

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

Mike the Dagger wrote:
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:think we will want more then the 60-100k being quoted

Not for a minute do I think he is worth it anyway.

Was he not our record signing with add ons to be paid if he did move on. ?

With Arnu on this nowhere near good enough for Championship and in all honesty is a average player in a
What is by and large a dreadfull league.

Only seen him a couple of time but the ace in the pack is Pennell, why else has a" The Family Club" stood by a convicted robber.
Interesting from Mr Negative there. Had Burnett signed him would he have been the boy wonder, proof of the managers genius, or would he have never got close with Burnett looking for some has been from League One looking to eek out a living for an extra season?

He's playing higher than he ever has before and is third top scorer in the division with 14 goals so far. He's big and strong, always a handful and is the focal point for the team going forward. Gets clobbered over and over and over but keeps on winning headers, flicking the ball into dangerous areas. Gutteridge's goal on Monday was put on a plate by Ollie for instance.

Agree he looked lost at times in League Two last season, but that was in a poor side, getting beaten with him having never played close to that level before. i reckon he'd cope fine now though with a season under his belt as a pro. Goalscorers are always more expensive than anyone else too. I hope he stays, but can see why someone would be ready to gamble on him although Ipswich is likely a step or two too far right now.

Why are we so quick to put our own down?
I cant believe were not top of the league by 15 points. Still Out. ;)
ARNU

Nobody is putting Hawkins down. Just historically we seem to get all moist over players that really ain't all that in the scheme of things. He ain't a championship player right now and that is an almighty step up. Does anyone remember all the excitement over Danny j green,Jody jones and Brian Woodall ? Let's hope he can be one day soon a top player, nothing would please me more but he's scoring against some pretty shit opposition down here.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mike the Dagger

ARNU wrote:Nobody is putting Hawkins down. Just historically we seem to get all moist over players that really ain't all that in the scheme of things. He ain't a championship player right now and that is an almighty step up. Does anyone remember all the excitement over Danny j green,Jody jones and Brian Woodall ? Let's hope he can be one day soon a top player, nothing would please me more but he's scoring against some pretty shit opposition down here.
I don't think we are getting "moist", the speculation is coming mostly from outside the club.

If someone offers him personally (or anyone else) a massive payrise, we probably don't have much option but to sell. That was why Benno left for Charlton. It's a short career, you have to make your money when it's on the table.

I also seem to remember a lot of "WTF"s when D J Green got picked up off the back of one good free kick pretty much. Jody was a good deal for everyone, he was going nowhere with us. Woodall never went anywhere other than McDonalds.

It's silly season, the transfer window is open and somoene out there will have an open chequebook and a gap for a big striker almost certainly. Hopefully Ollie is being advised well, he's better off (career wise) playing for us than is the stiffs at some League One club most likely.
steeevooo

Mike the Dagger wrote:
ARNU wrote:Nobody is putting Hawkins down. Just historically we seem to get all moist over players that really ain't all that in the scheme of things. He ain't a championship player right now and that is an almighty step up. Does anyone remember all the excitement over Danny j green,Jody jones and Brian Woodall ? Let's hope he can be one day soon a top player, nothing would please me more but he's scoring against some pretty shit opposition down here.

I also seem to remember a lot of "WTF"s when D J Green got picked up off the back of one good free kick pretty much.
Wasn't that Dominic Green, not DJ Green?
Mike the Dagger

steeevooo wrote:
Wasn't that Dominic Green, not DJ Green?
Probably right.

Too many Green's!
ARNU

Mike the Dagger wrote:
I don't think we are getting "moist", the speculation is coming mostly from outside the club.

If someone offers him personally (or anyone else) a massive payrise, we probably don't have much option but to sell. That was why Benno left for Charlton. It's a short career, you have to make your money when it's on the table.

I also seem to remember a lot of "WTF"s when D J Green got picked up off the back of one good free kick pretty much. Jody was a good deal for everyone, he was going nowhere with us. Woodall never went anywhere other than McDonalds.

It's silly season, the transfer window is open and somoene out there will have an open chequebook and a gap for a big striker almost certainly. Hopefully Ollie is being advised well, he's better off (career wise) playing for us than is the stiffs at some League One club most likely.
I don't disagree. Although people talking of 200k up front seems a bit excitable. We have to take the money I spose but I'm totally sure if he stays and we go up he'll have fsr better offers and value. Footballers are as mercenary as the rest of us. Double, treble,quadruple hid money he'd be silly not to take it . I do get it. He ain't a championship player though.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
The Romford Dagger

ARNU wrote:
Mike the Dagger wrote:

I don't disagree. Although people talking of 200k up front seems a bit excitable. We have to take the money I spose but I'm totally sure if he stays and we go up he'll have fsr better offers and value. Footballers are as mercenary as the rest of us. Double, treble,quadruple hid money he'd be silly not to take it . I do get it. He ain't a championship player though.

He's not our main target I can almost definetely say

But we are targeting a few strikers and if other things fall through, like with the highly rated Rotherham lad or the West Ham striker, I wouldn't be surprised if we come in for Hawkins.

But I agree he isn't championship standard right now
Adrian

I think you may be the only person that remembers any excitement about Danny J Green or Brian Woodall. Green hardly played and his best chance of moving on was someone else wanting the other Danny Green and us managing to confuse the buyer into taking the wrong one.
Woodall was a worker in his first season that did better than expected. There were some tenuous links to Forest.
Adrian

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:think we will want more then the 60-100k being quoted

Not for a minute do I think he is worth it anyway.

Was he not our record signing with add ons to be paid if he did move on. ?

With Arnu on this nowhere near good enough for Championship and in all honesty is a average player in a
What is by and large a dreadfull league.

Only seen him a couple of time but the ace in the pack is Pennell, why else has a" The Family Club" stood by a convicted robber.
Written off by Sussex, not sure if he should give up as a footballer or take it as a massive compliment. I seem to remember someone thinking Jack Connors was the next big thing for us and that Ayo Obileye would be a Championship regular.
Lcbdagger

No wish to dig out Hawkins, but while he has played well this season, of the games i've seen him in he does miss a huge amount of chances for someone who gets in to the positions he does, particularly with his head... Would do ok higher up the league in a team that had scoring midfielders. Don't think he's clinical enough on his own
Diggerthedog

Yeah he is crap..... two goals today proper crap.
Dagger83

Diggerthedog wrote:Yeah he is crap..... two goals today proper crap.
I think I could have bagged a couple against that defence though.

Yesterday was the first proper look at him I've had and I was impressed. Not sure he's any better than League 2 though.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.