Daggers Instagram page

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Sam_DRFC

Hi all, I don't usually post on here but the other day I was messing around on Instagram and thought I'd search for our official instagram page. I was quite shocked to find our page hadn't been updated since Jan 2016 with just one photo and we only have around 100 followers!

I'm quite handy with social media having worked in the nightlife industry for a fair few years so have took it upon myself to run the Unofficial Daggers Instagram page. It's been up only 2 days and we already have over 500 followers! This number is rapidly increasing and I'm aiming for 2k in a couple of weeks. A number of players including Hawkins, Maggy Drew and Pennell are already following.

You can find us by searching for Daggers_Unofficial

I can't believe how poorly the club operates it's Social Media. If we are looking to reach out to new supporters (especially youngsters) then we need to up our game in this area massively. I'm aware that there is already an unofficial Facebook page which seems to get more interaction than our official one!

Anyway it would be great if you could send us your pics and vids, whether it's of Flags, Fans singing or anything Daggers related. We'all feature them on our page. Send to sam_drfc@hotmail.co.uk
admin
Site Admin

Our marketing team have always been poor. A number of clubs have been remarketing and increasing their attendances, an example of this being Eastleigh.

When I started coming properly a few years (2012/2013) we had crowds of around 1700. Now we would be lucky to get a 1000 (that's excluding away fans of course). That just says something alone.

I'll always give praise to the club when they do something right, but there's a lot of gaps to fill
Diggerthedog

Eastleigh fans will all disappear once the money dries up. They have already started to disappear since they stopped winning very week.

We have been relegated and are now back to our original hardcore support.
durnzo

Just requested to join. Wow me!!!
NBDag

What's the point of having it as a private page? Sort of defies the aim of it all
Sam_DRFC

I see where you're coming from but having it as a private page encourages people to follow us in order to see the content.

If we have it set to public, lots of people we follow will have a look at the page and not bother following us back.

The aim is to get as many followers as possible so that the content we post will appear in their timelines. It seems to work as we're up to 675 followers already. Yesterday was 500.
Last edited by Sam_DRFC on Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NBDag

So to get people to look you've made it harder for people to see the content? Maybe shops should start removing their windows then to encourage more customers to actually go into the store.

Also by making the account private any interaction with a follower on one of your photos, will not be seen by that person's followers. So the biggest benefit of having lots of followers is lost instantly.
Sam_DRFC

You're comparing the effort it takes to walk into a shop with a simple click of a button. Even with the page set to private you get to see the page information, telling you what it's about etc.

It takes no effort at all. What's the point of someone viewing the page and to never see it again as they don't follow us back?

By the vast amount of people that follow us back, it would seem that people are intrigued.
NBDag

I don't think you're seeing the point here. It's called private for a reason, you don't get publicity by going private do you?

Think of it this way. If it's the right way to go about getting publicity for something, why does almost every other business or sports team or whatever not have their accounts on private?
Sam_DRFC

NBDag wrote:Also by making the account private any interaction with a follower on one of your photos, will not be seen by that person's followers. So the biggest benefit of having lots of followers is lost instantly.
That's true. When we reach our target of 2k followers I'll probably make it public to reap the rewards. It's only been private for 2 days and I'd say there has been an increase in followerers considering we haven't followed as many in that time.
durnzo

Good effort, will be interesting to see how many followers we end up getting and how many contribute content. I know nothing about social media really, but hopefully it'll take off and a lot of match going regulars will get involved. Nice one for giving it a go.

Up the daggers!!!