VS Braintree (H)

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Adrian

Second half was utterly dull. We just seemed desperate to slow everything down as much as possible rather than just have a go.
daggersjeff

After our recent home performances, 3 points, clean sheet..!! Yeah I'd take dull!

Oh yes!! and we scored another one in the second half!!
dagger4eva

Dull game, dull atmosphere but 3 very nice goals, a clean sheet and back up in the playoff areas.

Disgrace of a challenge for the red and Mr Hayrettin was pretty scathing off it in the post match interview.

On to Ferriby!!
Alan

Welcome win, largely untroubled and good to see some players coming back from injury.

The challenges Braintree players put in for their red cards today and Boxing Day were both potential leg breakers and we were lucky to escape with no injuries from them.
Diggerthedog

You can only beat what is put in front of you and we did so comfortably.

Only one game next three weeks could see the likes of Robson and Fejiri close to a star come Bromley at home. Time to now push on gets lots of points on the Board.
ARNU

I think we strolled it tonight. Nice to see feriji get a few minutes . Widdowson did very well and I even thought frankie Raymond put in a more decent shift. Shocking tackle on him for the sending off. 1 st goal was brilliant.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
SUSSEX DAGGER

dagger4eva wrote:Dull game, dull atmosphere but 3 very nice goals, a clean sheet and back up in the playoff areas.

Disgrace of a challenge for the red and Mr Hayrettin was pretty scathing off it in the post match interview.

On to Ferriby!!
Glad to hear that because according to the Bt Microphone it was in his swords " Utter Bollocks"

Good performance tonight result never in doubt,how on earth did we lose to that lot on Boxing Day ?
Kevin

I thought we were reasonably decent yesterday - we started with a fair bit of intent & looked lively going forward from the off.

Looked pretty sound at the back considering it was yet another new combination of a back four - albeit Braintree didn't seem to know what to do if it didn't involve trying to boot somebody up in the air.

Did slow down a bit during the second half, but that can often happen against 10 men. That said, the third goal was a peach from Whitely :D

All things considered, following our ropey run of home form + it being Siberia-esque conditions last night, I was pretty happy with it - hopefully we can kick on a bit from now..