Refs in this league

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Alan

Bloody awful. The home supporters next to me were laughing at the penalty he gave them.

As for our red card, Doe slid in, sure, but along the ground and foot down, winning the ball. Didn't think it was a foul, let alone a second yellow.

Some of our defending with 11 men was awful.
Auntie Merge

Agree. The ref today was appalling and how he didn't book the Braintree player for inciting the crowd, I do not know.
DI Mike Dashwood

We were about ten yards from their pen and it was definitely a penalty. Absolutely shocking defending from Staunton.

Ref was awful and got a lot wrong, but he got that one right
ARNU

Don't normally dig out the ref but he was poor.The reason we lost though is we just cant defend.We are shit at defending.
Frankie Raymond still amazes me how he gets picked and the keeper needs a rest too.Let cousins have a run.Oh and Ollie canty take a penalty,how many of his kicks get saved and go to a rebound or scramble like the effort today ? Useless defence !!
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
daggersjeff

Agreed! ref was crap!

He got totally conned for Doe's first booking. Can we appeal bookings? On the grounds that the 2nd booking would have been his first and not a red?? Also missed another handball in their box, because he was looking up the other end of the pitch!
Diggerthedog

Doe only has himself to blame pathetic and lazy for the first yellow and the second looked two footed depending what angle you saw it from, when on a yellow don't risk it.

Can blame the ref all we like but when we defend like we currently are we do not deserve anything.

Great support shame the players forgot to turn up, not for the first time either last two months have been pretty awful. Get back to doing the basics right and this league is there for the taking.
Dagdale

Were getting blown away fast and since Gateshead other than a couple of splendid away wins this rate were be lucky to finish mid table, real shame as today our support was top notch and that little packed pen behind benches was a superb effort to get our boys going, they did try to grab that equalizer to give them credit but yet again we were awful in defense and paid for it dearly. Referee certainly needs to either go to specsavers or throw in the towel, but we didn't lose today cause of him, the barriers were down at the back again.
steeevooo

The refs, in the main, have been awful this season. But that should not detract from the fact that our defence has been woeful on many occasions, giving away stupid fouls, collecting unnecessary cards and being guilty of ball watching on numerous occasions. I know it's where we're struggling most numbers wise, but some of the errors have been truly elementary.
Mike the Dagger

Diggerthedog wrote:the second looked two footed depending what angle you saw it from
We were looking at it from the same angle as the ref pretty much and it was clearly not two footed or high and Doe got the ball. Appalling decision, especially as he thought about it first.

Their red was close to GBH, absolutely shocking, could have been a leg breaker. That was a straight red BTW, not a second yellow.
Mark

Refs seem to be terrible week in week out. They say it evens out well I'm expecting an avalanche of favourable decisions until end of the season. We've now had 3 or 4 red cards dished out to us which were undeserved, penalties against us which weren't (although today probably was), and a failure to send off players who put two footed tackles onto the likes of Fejiri and Robinson both of which are out because of it.
Diggerthedog

Mike the Dagger wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:the second looked two footed depending what angle you saw it from
We were looking at it from the same angle as the ref pretty much and it was clearly not two footed or high and Doe got the ball. Appalling decision, especially as he thought about it first.

Their red was close to GBH, absolutely shocking, could have been a leg breaker. That was a straight red BTW, not a second yellow.
My view I could see all his studs, he looked out of control. Be interesting to see the replay.
Mark

How are you meant to slide tackle without the studs being visible?
Lcbdagger

Reef, ref, ref... In other news, a team allegedly chasing promotion, in a league full of average teams, can't turn up against a home team who have, I believe, won one such game all season until today. Defensively dreadful
Adrian

ARNU wrote:Don't normally dig out the ref but he was poor.The reason we lost though is we just cant defend.We are shit at defending.
Frankie Raymond still amazes me how he gets picked and the keeper needs a rest too.Let cousins have a run.Oh and Ollie canty take a penalty,how many of his kicks get saved and go to a rebound or scramble like the effort today ? Useless defence !!
Who would you play instead of Raymond, out of interest?

I believe the answer to your question about Hawkins penalties is 1. The others have been scored directly.
DI Mike Dashwood

Raymond has been awful in midfield of late, but as Adrian says, not many other options. Heard looked ok when he came on yesterday but has been poor on his other appearances.

We desperately need Howell, Robinson etc back from injury