New Consortium Announced

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
lupins

Not sure I totally agree with that

We have run with an anticipated loss because a) With parachute payments this year presents out best chance of getting back, and b) Sourcing investment did/does look promising

Our business model for at least the last ten years has been buy, sell, cup runs and it would be hard to argue that hasn't been successful. I don't think the achievement of being in the League 9 years is still fully recognised
Mike the Dagger

lupins wrote:Not sure I totally agree with that

We have run with an anticipated loss because a) With parachute payments this year presents out best chance of getting back, and b) Sourcing investment did/does look promising

Our business model for at least the last ten years has been buy, sell, cup runs and it would be hard to argue that hasn't been successful. I don't think the achievement of being in the League 9 years is still fully recognised
But we made a £200k loss last season despite the sale of Jodi Jones and a decent FA Cup run, the parachute payment is close to £250k less than what we would have got as a FL club and gates are down.

Despite that we haven't obviously massively reduced our outgoings as far as I am aware.

The accounts are online now, courtesy of Auntie Merge, go do the maths for yourself.
lupins

I don't need to "do the math" to repeat that this year represented our best financial chance of getting back based on income and potential investment.
As for reducing expenditure I haven't noticed the academy lately for example
And I am also not a fan of publishing the accounts online as whilst they may be available generally I can't see how broadcasting them whether they said we were rolling in it or up to our ears in debt is helpful for example in transfer dealings
Mike the Dagger

lupins wrote: And I am also not a fan of publishing the accounts online as whilst they may be available generally I can't see how broadcasting them whether they said we were rolling in it or up to our ears in debt is helpful for example in transfer dealings
Indeed, which was why I didn't (plus I was asked not to). It doesn't take a genius to work it out though.
As for reducing expenditure I haven't noticed the academy lately for example
Income for the academy £415k, spending £600k. Presuming both become £0 a saving of £185k. We still have an U18s side though...