Club Accounts to 30th June 2016

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Adrian
Posts: 1169
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:09 pm

Re: Club Accounts to 30th June 2016

Post by Adrian » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:22 pm

I asked a question. I didn't express a view either way.

I have no idea if the shop is well run or not. I'm not sure I've been in it since it moved outside of the ground.

TomMc
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:38 pm

Re: Club Accounts to 30th June 2016

Post by TomMc » Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:52 am

mickeyblue wrote:
TomMc wrote:
mickeyblue wrote:gobsmacked the shop made a profit
arnu needs to go over that and help there.
the bar loses a lot due to most going to eastbrook now it's to cold for pipe major. only 1 reason there poor quality alcohol
Or the fact you can sit outside if it's nice weather
Or that you can get food as well as drink
or the fact its crap beer
this lot dont go for food its quality beer/ale.
outside is a valid point in the summer all 1 month of it whilst footy season is on. oh many used to meet at the bell pub aswell before games, more money lost there.

the bar and shop are run poorly anyone can see that.
I think you'll find most people go for the football.

It's mild enough to be outside all the way up til October, and you'll get the odd hot weekend in April too.

Food is a way of upsell, and I'm not just talking about home fans, away fans will make more of a day of it and have more money to spend (hence giving them the TBS - unlike home fans the majority of them won't have driven to the ground so you're more likely to see them beer under the stand).

Diggerthedog
Posts: 2597
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:08 pm

Re: Club Accounts to 30th June 2016

Post by Diggerthedog » Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:22 am

Everyone I know drinks in the pipe or eastbrook now instead of the upstairs bar and the only reason is because the beer is crap in the club. It's like wetherspoons pump beer awful. Even when it was £2.50 people never went to the club, an extra 70p for a decent pint was enough of a sway.

Get decent beer in the club and people will go back but when you limit yourself to a crap brewery it's no surprise.

Home fans now sit in the TBS and share the bar but you would not know as you don't go anymore to busy coming on here picking holes in proper fans opinions of the clubhouse.

Daggernewbie
Posts: 737
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:37 pm

Re: Club Accounts to 30th June 2016

Post by Daggernewbie » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:22 am

Diggerthedog wrote:Everyone I know drinks in the pipe or eastbrook now instead of the upstairs bar and the only reason is because the beer is crap in the club. It's like wetherspoons pump beer awful. Even when it was £2.50 people never went to the club, an extra 70p for a decent pint was enough of a sway.

Get decent beer in the club and people will go back but when you limit yourself to a crap brewery it's no surprise.

Home fans now sit in the TBS and share the bar but you would not know as you don't go anymore to busy coming on here picking holes in proper fans opinions of the clubhouse.
I agree with you about the beer but going to the TBS bar and paying £4 for a pint when you say the beer is rubbish does not make sense to me,I drink the Daggers edge now which means no more pump beer for me.

TomMc
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:38 pm

Re: Club Accounts to 30th June 2016

Post by TomMc » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:23 am

Diggerthedog wrote:Everyone I know drinks in the pipe or eastbrook now instead of the upstairs bar and the only reason is because the beer is crap in the club. It's like wetherspoons pump beer awful. Even when it was £2.50 people never went to the club, an extra 70p for a decent pint was enough of a sway.

Get decent beer in the club and people will go back but when you limit yourself to a crap brewery it's no surprise.

Home fans now sit in the TBS and share the bar but you would not know as you don't go anymore to busy coming on here picking holes in proper fans opinions of the clubhouse.
You have no idea if I've been over there or not. FWIW I have been a couple of times, but life's got in the way for the time being.

Your attendance digs would have more merit if you could've actually bothered to turn up to demonstrations you apparently cared so much about.

Well aware of the situation with the TBS now, was using previous arrangements to explain why away fans have more spending potential on match days than home fans.

Sagres
Posts: 280
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:26 pm

Re: Club Accounts to 30th June 2016

Post by Sagres » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:33 am

Most people in the clubhouse now drink "Daggers Blonde or Daggers Edge" bottled beer

mickeyblue
Posts: 685
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:29 pm

Re: Club Accounts to 30th June 2016

Post by mickeyblue » Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:20 pm

[
the bar and shop are run poorly anyone can see that.[/quote]

I think you'll find most people go for the football.

It's mild enough to be outside all the way up til October, and you'll get the odd hot weekend in April too.
people goto the ground for football not the bar?
Food is a way of upsell, and I'm not just talking about home fans, away fans will make more of a day of it and have more money to spend (hence giving them the TBS - unlike home fans the majority of them won't have driven to the ground so you're more likely to see them beer under the stand).[/quote]
id be shocked if any who are going out for a beer ate a meal before, it simply bloats you out and are unable to drink beer. i agree with most pubs now need to sell food to make a profit if thats where you are coming from but with football fans no mate decent beer is needed.
but we finished 9th!

DI Mike Dashwood
Posts: 582
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:56 pm

Re: Club Accounts to 30th June 2016

Post by DI Mike Dashwood » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:54 am

There are many parts to this argument but I witnessed an interesting scene outside the Club before the Solihull game.

A large group of their fans had arrived and wanted to go in the Club. However, when they were asked if there was food available in the club and were told there wasn't they asked a club official where they could go for food. The club official directed them to the Major and the cafe near the Eastbrook.

Now two things here. Firstly, shouldn't the club official have tried to point them towards the bar in the away end where food is available and there are screens etc. Secondly it does prove we might attract more people into the Club on match days if we did food??

It is something I suggested to Thommo a couple of years ago by e mail and he did reply to my mail and speak to me in person to discuss why he thought it wasn't viable

diggerdagger1

Re: Club Accounts to 30th June 2016

Post by diggerdagger1 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:44 pm

DI Mike Dashwood......Are you able to disclose thompson's reasons or was it a private conversation? Just interested as I asked the same and was wondering if the reasons were the same.

DI Mike Dashwood
Posts: 582
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:56 pm

Re: Club Accounts to 30th June 2016

Post by DI Mike Dashwood » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:06 pm

So just want to say by way, I see this exact thread and conversation as part of the issue in a way. People knock Thommo, but at no other Club in the League (as were then) and I would reckon at most in the Conference (as we are now) would you expect to have access to speak to the Chief Exec on a day to basis, and expect him to come back and reply to some random off the terraces like me. Thommo deserves credit for this, and for those who say they want the homely feel of the Club back, and that getting rid of Thommo and/or DTP would help with this, I actually believe the opposite is the case and that guys like Thommo, and the way they have tried to do things in the past, are one of the main reasons the Club had that homely feel about it.

So with regards to the conversation he replied individually by mail (and I can't find the mail, as this was probably 3 years ago to the day now). However, the general flavour of his reply when we spoke in person, with others in the sponsors bar after a game, was that things are not always as simple to implement as we may think, something I respect and partially agree with. What he said was that anything that had an expense had to be 100% guaranteed to at least recoup the said expense and more. So with the food in the Club for instance there would be the cost of the staff, the food and then the marketing of this. I said I would help market this or give out leaflets to the away fans coming off coaches etc (I was more keen back then ha ha) but he said what about the expense of the catering staff and the food?? Which I guess is a fair question and I see his point. My reply was that if we don't try these things we will never know, which he agreed with to an extent but said we run to tight margins so cannot take to many risks on things. Again, a fair point I would say, although it is one idea I would still like to see tried.

My annoyance the other week was, the away area has a bar, a food outlet, and TV screens so all should have been done to encourage the very friendly Solihull fans (who were clearly out for a laugh for the day and intent on having a beer) to go to enjoy the facilities in the away stand. And regardless of whether we are doing food in the Club surely giving out fliers/vouchers to the away fans as they get off the coach (or even being sent to the away Club to give out on the coach) would encourage these people to go into the away end. Get them in at 2pm by offering a £1 off first pint as a gesture and if they end up buying three pints everyone wins??

Post Reply