Can't complain about that for a fiver

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

Calm down Adrain you will burst a blood vessel trying to insist your right 100% of the time.

There was certainly a lack of effort from some players and Guttridge was crap bar a 10 minute spell. Did you not see the first 30 minutes? No intensity, no closing down see the first three goals for why there was a lack of effort. We miss Robinson who does a lot of the ugly stuff and no one has stepped up to the plate to do it.
Phippo

RampantDuke wrote:Sorry - don't agree with this stuff about 'giving it their all' and 'can't fault the effort'. The first 30 minutes we were nowhere to be seen, losing every challenge, giving the ball away cheaply, absolutely no clue what to do when we had possession (see last 5 home games for reference). The ball went dead in front of the sieve and quite rightly some of our fans let the players know exactly what they thought of it. It was only after the lazy sods heard some home truths that they put in a shift for the rest of the half and by putting in a bit more they managed to score two goals. Second half we came out sluggish again and again it was only really a 10 minute spell of high tempo and hard work near the end that got us the draw.

Probably the most worrying part of this whole day was that it took a 'team talk' from the regulars to get them going in the first half. John Still didn't seem too animated from where I was standing. He should have been giving pelters for that shambolic first 30 mins. Maybe he was and I couldn't hear or see it? Any views from the people that sit near him?
Very quiet for most of the game! Going through the motions?
TommyD&R

Forgot to ask, who on here left on 25 minutes and how do you feel?
ARNU

TommyD&R wrote:Forgot to ask, who on here left on 25 minutes and how do you feel?
We were leaving at 4-2 but it was 4-3 by the time we got to the corner of the ground so stayed.Close call.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
TommyD&R

I was having thoughts about going at 4-2 but to leave on 25 no matter what the score is crazy
mickeyblue

should of left at 3 0 we was that bad defensively and second half we was shocking.
I'll take the plus that young Hyde looks like a decent player . ****** knows what was said to him for the second half tho.
whitely is class above this lot and we should just give him the ball as much as possible. only 1 from our creative 3 that shows for it.
but we finished 9th!
Mike the Dagger

There are no (broadcastable) words for our defending in this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbxYIgX9Ogg
TommyD&R

Mike the Dagger wrote:There are no (broadcastable) words for our defending in this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbxYIgX9Ogg
It starts from the midfield, even Still said we have no other player like Robinson. It's no coincidence we've been shipping goals since he's been out.
Mark

We gave the back 4 very little protecting as only Andre seems interested in tracking back. I'm guessing our wide players are told to stay forward but it leaves us exposed.

However 3 of those goals are dreadful errors from members of the back 4 and no amount of cover would've helped.
Alan

Boucaud was back to the performances of last season - failed to get block in and turned back for first 2 and jogged along as his man sprinted into box and scored third.