Worthing FAT 1st Round

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

So you really have to calm down. I pointed out we were and have been shit at home lately, nobody really disagrees. I point out JS seems to get a pass for poor performances nobody has actually addressed that really and then someone else brings up Burnett.

Murphy, zavon, hemmings,passley, Muldoon, obileye, Martty cash,cureton, worrall ,obrien and cousinsoff the top of my head were good players. What still players did we have when we finished 9 th ? Abs Bingham doe Howell and you all moaned that year too.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
leewilson

ARNU wrote:So you really have to calm down. I pointed out we were and have been shit at home lately, nobody really disagrees. I point out JS seems to get a pass for poor performances nobody has actually addressed that really and then someone else brings up Burnett.

Murphy, zavon, hemmings,passley, Muldoon, obileye, Martty cash,cureton, worrall ,obrien and cousinsoff the top of my head were good players. What still players did we have when we finished 9 th ? Abs Bingham doe Howell and you all moaned that year too.
Think you'll find Cash and Worrall were Still loans. Muldoon was not a good player. His average was the equivalent of a Frankie Raymond no impact performance. If you're classing O'Brien as a good signing then you must be struggling.
Alan

Lewington, Femi, Doe, Wilkinson, Hoyte, Bingham, Ogogo, Howell, Elito. Not a bad foundation.
DaggerJoel11

Every team goes through a bad patch but nobody can dispute Still is a great manager. The injuries we have had is ridiculous, yes, but weren't the problem on Saturday. Complacency, desire and determination were.

I don't think people should let Burnett's one terrible year overshadow the two decent ones before that. However last seaon player acquisition was bad although I remember a few people getting excited when Nosworthy for instance signed. Burnett also brought in Cureton, Murphy and Hines who were great players whereas Still probably wouldn't have signed those kind of players - opting for young, raw players instead. I'd have taken one if Burnett's performances over Saturday's one though. But ultimately, he's gone so we should all get over it and look to the future. The squad we have now is very good and Still deserves tremendous credit for it I think. We just need to get Okenabirhie and Robinson back and we'll soon return to the rapid, free-flowing, pulsating football we played at the start of the season. I actually think it's no coincidence that when we had a full squad we were top. It's best to just put Saturday's loss behind us and focus on getting our season back on track - starting with Solihull.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
ARNU

There wasn't a greater fan of medy elito than me. Maybe Sussex. You all slagged him as well. Short memories.
Adrian

Elito was better than the likes of Hemmings and Chambers. He was still incredibly frustrating and lightweight.

I note that you can't now dispute that a big part of the squad in that first season were Still players.
Adrian

leewilson wrote:
ARNU wrote:So you really have to calm down. I pointed out we were and have been shit at home lately, nobody really disagrees. I point out JS seems to get a pass for poor performances nobody has actually addressed that really and then someone else brings up Burnett.

Think you'll find Cash and Worrall were Still loans. Muldoon was not a good player. His average was the equivalent of a Frankie Raymond no impact performance. If you're classing O'Brien as a good signing then you must be struggling.
Anyone that classes Passley as a good signing is pretty desperate as well.
Wasn't Muldoon brought on by Still as well. 3 out of 11 of Burnetts "good" signings not even made by him.
Last edited by Adrian on Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ARNU

Should piss it Saturday shouldn't we ? Anyone want to do the excuses now before we lose again ? Currie said a few weeks ago we are gonna make Victoria road a fortress and we've lost ever since. can we have some new excuses please. Injuries, tiredness, the pitch, the ref, the age and inexperience of the players are a given. I like mikes new one best " the game don't matter" classic.
Diggerthedog

If you hate it so much why bother attending? 4 home games don't make a season if we don't win Saturday then we know where this season is going. We won a massive game last week against Dover and the thread had about 20 posts, lose and 6 pages of Arnu crying. Where were you last week Arnu when we won. Mr fickle is in the building.

We lost get over it.
TomMc

Genuinely can't believe people still bite on young Anthony's obvious bait, and with the greatest hits too. Top work.
Mike the Dagger

View From The Stand wrote:Mike, always read your posts, and along with enjoying, mainly agree with your views, but must disagree with your comments re the Trophy game.
I turned up and after handing over my hard earned money I expected to get some value.
Your comment “Does it matter what happened Saturday other than that, not really” suggests we were mugs to come watch and pay.
Heard a comment “they look as though they could be in our league” response was “no we’re looking like we could be in theirs”
It seemed amateur day all round, continuing with the announcer, apart from 50/50 draw half time nowt else. No attendance numbers either.
Oh, and the TBS was closed, apart from the 40 or so in there, what was that about.
Surly if we want, need, to be a league club we have to step up, not just on the pitch but in all areas
I'd like tp point out that my first comment on Saturday was "Hapless performance TBH."

What I disagree with is that no one saw it coming, and that it really matters in the big picture, which is us in massive off field and injuriy woes, and desperate to at least make the playoffs.

Yes we should have won at a canter, yes several players looked like they didn't give a toss, but overall, meh!

I could have gone Christmas shopping, and up against that, it was a tenner well spent.
NBDag

What I don't understand is that losing to Gateshead 6-0 was some what excusable because of our situation. As was losing to Halifax in the FA Cup, a tournament that actually matters somewhat. But losing in a tournament that should only be above the ESC in our priorities list is an outrage.

Yeah we should have won given who they are, but I take this as a blessing in disguise. I'd much rather us use these weekends off to recover and do much better in the league than see us get 5k for beating Worthing.
ARNU

Diggerthedog wrote:If you hate it so much why bother attending? 4 home games don't make a season if we don't win Saturday then we know where this season is going. We won a massive game last week against Dover and the thread had about 20 posts, lose and 6 pages of Arnu crying. Where were you last week Arnu when we won. Mr fickle is in the building.

We lost get over it.
I neither said I hated it or that I don't like it. I pointed out we were shit again and the manager gets a pass. It was a gutless performance and you all agreed too. I am over it and I expect better on Saturday.