Worthing FAT 1st Round

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mike the Dagger

ARNU wrote:Is it alright to have a pop at Still yet ?
What was the result last week?

Where are we in the table?

Have a word with yourself!
SUSSEX DAGGER

Served us up a total pile of shite today.Gutless performance.Embarrassment in fact.But lets blame injuries and the pitch and the ref as usual.

We were shit and we all know it.
This time last year there was howls for the Managers head after we failed to beat a team two leagues lower, at least we earnt a few Bob out of thatembarassment with a televised replay. Saw the lot we conpitualted to yesterday lose 6-0 to Bognor recently so I never saw this coming .

Could not get the motivation for yesterday so gave it a miss , very disappointed to hear that once again effort and attitude are being questioned.

Really hope heads have not been turned.
Don Beech 3

Yesterday was awfully poor but to be honest, and ARNU won't be happy with this, I would like to see the team play some kind of hoof-ball again. At the very least try and get the ball up to the wingers and forwards more direct then currently. Why we are trying to be all Guardiola and passing the ball about between the back 4 I don't know. Expected it to go a bit more direct anyway with both Hawkins and Benson on in the 2nd half but never happened. Worthings energy didn't drop and they just harrassed the back 4 and centre midfielders that they could have won by more. Certainly away where we soak up attacks then break is more suited it just doesn't happen at home.

PS bit of a shame for Cousins as barring any injury to Justham thats his last game of the season?
ARNU

Mike the dagger.

So even when we watch a pile of shite at home again we have to love it?
Now stills mate Tamplin has gone it hasn't escaped notice that we've been stuffed at home by Gateshead, beaten by dross like Torquay and knocked out of both the nobody gives a shit cups. Lacklustre has been our best efforts and having stood there in the rain yesterday I can say with absolute certainty we were shit. But still gets another pass ? Players obviously believing their own hype and looking for big money moves by playing shit they might get an awakening when they realise their true worth. We got 2 players who might get a move and another who's on loan and might have to stay here cos on present performances were the only team who'll give him a game. Our defence are rubbish too.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
ARNU

Don Beech 3 wrote:Yesterday was awfully poor but to be honest, and ARNU won't be happy with this, I would like to see the team play some kind of hoof-ball again. At the very least try and get the ball up to the wingers and forwards more direct then currently. Why we are trying to be all Guardiola and passing the ball about between the back 4 I don't know. Expected it to go a bit more direct anyway with both Hawkins and Benson on in the 2nd half but never happened. Worthings energy didn't drop and they just harrassed the back 4 and centre midfielders that they could have won by more. Certainly away where we soak up attacks then break is more suited it just doesn't happen at home.

PS bit of a shame for Cousins as barring any injury to Justham thats his last game of the season?

Anything to improve performances I'd support right now. You must have seen how many times we hoofed the ball a 100 foot in the air. Hoofy is back already I think.
TommyD&R

Yeah shame we didn't keep Burnett, we'd be pissing this league and we'd still be in all the cups
ARNU

TommyD&R wrote:Yeah shame we didn't keep Burnett, we'd be pissing this league and we'd still be in all the cups
Burnett cannot be blamed for yesterday. 9th 14th and a 3rd round visit to Everton will be what the history books say.. seeing as you've bought it up, yeah burners team would have pissed this league but been crap in lg2 just like this lot. Let's not kid ourselves we've got s lg2 standard team here. We've just got a few faces from 2006-7 and the same manager. Nostalgia being the priority for our little club mentality. I'm surprised arber and Robbio haven't been bought back in. C'mon yesterday was shite.
Adrian

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:

Served us up a total pile of shite today.Gutless performance.Embarrassment in fact.But lets blame injuries and the pitch and the ref as usual.

We were shit and we all know it.
This time last year there was howls for the Managers head after we failed to beat a team two leagues lower, at least we earnt a few Bob out of thatembarassment with a televised replay. Saw the lot we conpitualted to yesterday lose 6-0 to Bognor recently so I never saw this coming .

Could not get the motivation for yesterday so gave it a miss , very disappointed to hear that once again effort and attitude are being questioned.

Really hope heads have not been turned.
Those howls for him to go were just a little bit linked to the fact that we hadn't won at home all season and were looking like being relegated.
ARNU

Burnett had to go in the end but he was slagged when he did well too. John still has no responsibility it seems. Does anyone realise what we were beaten by yesterday ? We are not worthy or good enough to go up this season so we could at least have had a cup run. Worthing weren't even very good. They just wanted it more and it showed.
Adrian

Are you ever going to stop going on about Burnett?
You go on an out others being nostalgic but seem dive into a fair bit of nostalgia when it comes to him.
leewilson

ARNU wrote:Burnett had to go in the end but he was slagged when he did well too. John still has no responsibility it seems. Does anyone realise what we were beaten by yesterday ? We are not worthy or good enough to go up this season so we could at least have had a cup run. Worthing weren't even very good. They just wanted it more and it showed.
You're just a bundle of negativity.

Completely new squad, most inexperienced. We've beaten Lincoln, Dover and Eastleigh this season alongside drawing with Tranmere and Forest Green. Despite being destroyed with injuries, we're still in the top 5. Yes, we've lost 4 in a row at home but we've also dug in away from home and won 3 in a row away.

In tough periods, we need to dig in and show fighting spirit. Not get completely down about the club just because we put in 2-3 poor performances. The attitude of some of our fans is actually one of our big problems of recent times. We've had a much better season so far than I think a lot of us expected pre-season and yet there is still a feeling of 'meh' and 'doom' around the club.
Diggerthedog

Here here Lee just look at York and see where we could actually be. Yesterday was poor and the players should shoulder the blame as per Still post match comments. I think it will be completely different next week.
Mike the Dagger

Fishing again ARNU?

Must try harder.

Out of interest though, when was Burnett doing well? Are we talking August to November 2013?
ARNU

Adrian wrote:Are you ever going to stop going on about Burnett?
You go on an out others being nostalgic but seem dive into a fair bit of nostalgia when it comes to him.
Wasn't me that bought Burnett into it .
ARNU

leewilson wrote:
ARNU wrote:Burnett had to go in the end but he was slagged when he did well too. John still has no responsibility it seems. Does anyone realise what we were beaten by yesterday ? We are not worthy or good enough to go up this season so we could at least have had a cup run. Worthing weren't even very good. They just wanted it more and it showed.

You're just a bundle of negativity.

Completely new squad, most inexperienced. We've beaten Lincoln, Dover and Eastleigh this season alongside drawing with Tranmere and Forest Green. Despite being destroyed with injuries, we're still in the top 5. Yes, we've lost 4 in a row at home but we've also dug in away from home and won 3 in a row away.

In tough periods, we need to dig in and show fighting spirit. Not get completely down about the club just because we put in 2-3 poor performances. The attitude of some of our fans is actually one of our big problems of recent times. We've had a much better season so far than I think a lot of us expected pre-season and yet there is still a feeling of 'meh' and 'doom' around the club.
Bundle of negativity! I just witnessed yet another piss poor performance and dared point it out. Be honest it was wank wasn't it ? Dunno if you were there or not but if you can point to any positives from yesterday I'd be happy to hear them.