Curo

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
A S dagger97

Left Eastleigh after Martin Allen leaves Barnet to manage them. So do we need any strikers to help chip in with goals drying up atm?
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
Diggerthedog

A S dagger97 wrote:Left Eastleigh after Martin Allen leaves Barnet to manage them. So do we need any strikers to help chip in with goals drying up atm?
No thanks he was shit last season. Hardly setting the world alight at Easleight.
TommyD&R

A few Barnet fans seem to want Currie to have a go at managing them
BillyC94

Diggerthedog wrote:
A S dagger97 wrote:Left Eastleigh after Martin Allen leaves Barnet to manage them. So do we need any strikers to help chip in with goals drying up atm?
No thanks he was shit last season. Hardly setting the world alight at Easleight.
It's never going to happen but he's got more to offer us than Benno. Still think he'd have been a better option than Benno as our "experienced striker" this year. A lot less injury prone as well + still chipped in with 9 goals in his "s**t" season.
It's a game of opinions. @BillyCove94
durnzo

He seemed to have lost his shooting boots last season, but playing devil's advocate, he did spend half a season on his lonesome having balls pumped in his general direction from great distances. Not ideal for a man the size of an average mascot.

Not sure he'd do any better this year though, it looked like father time had caught up with him.
SUSSEX DAGGER

durnzo wrote:He seemed to have lost his shooting boots last season, but playing devil's advocate, he did spend half a season on his lonesome having balls pumped in his general direction from great distances. Not ideal for a man the size of an average mascot.

Not sure he'd do any better this year though, it looked like father time had caught up with him.
Look I don't know if he has still got it in his legs but he went from prolific to looking half the player in months . Simple reason for that he was not getting the service that was getting the season before. When we had Abu and Howell along with Labadie we had a link from the midfield to the front man. Hemmings also played a part that season . Last season that was missing and any front man especially a lone one needs the service and it simply was not there. As somebody has already commented he still scored 9 ( he missed a few Pens as well which would have made it a bit more potent)

Would like to see him in this team ,simply because of the chances being created
durnzo

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
durnzo wrote:He seemed to have lost his shooting boots last season, but playing devil's advocate, he did spend half a season on his lonesome having balls pumped in his general direction from great distances. Not ideal for a man the size of an average mascot.

Look I don't know if he has still got it in his legs but he went from prolific to looking half the player in months . Simple reason for that he was not getting the service that was getting the season before. When we had Abu and Howell along with Labadie we had a link from the midfield to the front man. Hemmings also played a part that season . Last season that was missing and any front man especially a lone one needs the service and it simply was not there. As somebody has already commented he still scored 9 ( he missed a few Pens as well which would have made it a bit more potent)

Would like to see him in this team ,simply because of the chances being created
Very well put. The drop in level and the far better system and creativity in this team would suit him far better than last seasons cluster ******.

I suppose if the wages are right then it certainly couldn't hurt. As you said 9 goals in an abysmal team, and he, uncharacteristically, missed a lot of good chances so shoulda/woulda/coulda had quite a few more. Will be interesting to see what happens.
Mark

I know he got ****** all service but he missed a hatful of good chances last season, ones he'd have taken the year before.
Daggernewbie

Sorry but why have him back time has caught up with him plus we have a good enough team now all he will be is a bit player which we could not afford.
Alan

Mark wrote:I know he got ****** all service but he missed a hatful of good chances last season, ones he'd have taken the year before.
Agree with this. If you look at his goals in his first season here, 3/4 of them were chasing balls over the top and lobbing the keeper. When teams defended deep, he wasn't as effective.
Mike the Dagger

Curo has signed for St Albans apparently.
Daggernewbie

Veteran striker Jamie Cureton signs for St Albans City
Posted on 9th December 2016 by Steven Coney in National League South with 0 Comments
cureton
ST ALBANS CITY have shown a sign of their promotion intent, signing veteran striker Jamie Cureton following his departure from Eastleigh.

The 41-year-old, released by Dagenham & Redbridge at the end of last season following relegation from League Two, had started this campaign at Farnborough.

He scored eight times for the Southern Central outfit before earning a move back up the Pyramid, signing for National League side Eastleigh in September.

Cureton scored once in seven appearances for the Spitfires but decided to leave the club following manager Ronnie Moore’s exit and he has now been snapped up by the Saints.

Ian Allinson’s side have won six of their last seven league games to move them up to second in the National League South behind leaders Maidenhead United.

The Saints are the joint-highest scorers in the division and they have further bolstered their attacking options with the signing of Cureton.

A man with undoubted pedigree, Cureton has terrorised defences for 20 years, scoring over 250 goals in 700 professional appearances for the likes of Bristol Rovers, Reading, Norwich City and Exeter.

He goes straight into the St Albans squad to face troubled Margate on Saturday and boss Allinson is understandably delighted with his latest addition.

Allinson said: “Jamie has always been a goalscorer and when he became available I had no doubt in my mind that I wanted to bring him to Clarence Park and strengthen the squad as we go into a busy period.

“We have had to beat of competition from a number of different clubs to secure Jamie’s signature, I would like to thank the owners for backing me with this deal.”