Crowds

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

Now I know full well we are non league, it was a Tuesday night, off the back of two previous heavy home defeats, and it was bloody cold BUT, we have - up until the last couple of weeks been having a great season (on the pitch at least) and so the board should be very concerned about the plummeting crowds.

Last night the home figure given was a mere 966.
That total includes all freebies and more importantly all season ticket holders, irrespective of whether or not they attend. I was unable to make last night so instantly that figure is reduced to 965.

Main point being that people are now choosing (for whatever reason) to stay away - the last couple of times I've been the upstairs bar is virtually empty - with all the old regulars now drinking elsewhere.

Something has to give or to change - and I'm not talking about bringing another Tamplin-esque situation. But things can only continue in this fashion for so long....
Diggerthedog

Take a mate for a fiver with a voucher from the season ticket book is a great idea but it fails with having to do this in advance :roll: :roll: :roll:
ARNU

My mate said he give me a tenner so that I don't bother him again about going to daggers after the Gateshead thrashing.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
diggerdagger1

The season ticket holders are always included in the crowd figures. So there were less than 10000 there last night. God knows what the crowd will be against Worthing! Mate for a fiver and kids for a quid are good ideas. Where we fall down is not allowing it on the day of the match. We went to York recently and they did kids for a quid and you could get tickets on the day. Not hard to do on the day surely?
Alan

Yep, because the people who turn up on the day expecting to pay reduced rates to be told it's full price leave the club feeling swindled. It's bad PR.
Adrian

Surely it's not really that practical to be doing the Friends for a Fiver on the day. You either end up with people having to pay to go through a ticket only gate, or season ticket holders having to go through one of the pay gates, and you've got to get two people through in such a way that the season ticket can be seen while another ticket is purchased.
That just leads to delays and confusion at the gates.

We have supporters that seem to struggle with the basic handing over of some cash or a ticket as it is.

It's made clear what the conditions are, if people leaving feeling swindled then that's their problem.
There are many things where receiving discount or special offer involves paying in advance.
Alan

Make the season ticket holder buy the ticket at the ticket office, in advance or on the day. Or use one of the vouchers.

No good reason why kids for a quid cannot work with cash in the gate on the day.
ThatRoundThing

How hard is it it to hand over voucher "X" and a crisp fiver on the day. I'll volunteer on the turnstiles Adrian. It's not exactly an offer that will bring in more than about 60 to 100 if we are lucky.
diggerdagger1

These sort of suggestions are mentioned at every fans forum with the same old reply of that's a good idea we will look into it and guess what nothing happens. Would love delays at the turnstiles Adrian as could only one thing more people coming to matches. There are so many good ideas put forward that are either ignored or rejected by Thompson. Sums up what is wrong with our club Imogen.
ARNU

How many people extra will this produce ? 50-60 ? Hardly gonna get a Hillsboro like crush are we ? I'm not even going to that game myself and no one even wants my st for nothing that day !
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Adrian

ThatRoundThing wrote:How hard is it it to hand over voucher "X" and a crisp fiver on the day. I'll volunteer on the turnstiles Adrian. It's not exactly an offer that will bring in more than about 60 to 100 if we are lucky.
For many it isn't difficult, but I've seen plenty manage to make it difficult.
I've also seen people trying to get in with old season tickets.
I tend to work in the basis that the people that have to deal with getting people through the turnstiles on a regular basis have are good idea of what the problems are and how to minimise them.
Adrian

diggerdagger1 wrote:These sort of suggestions are mentioned at every fans forum with the same old reply of that's a good idea we will look into it and guess what nothing happens. Would love delays at the turnstiles Adrian as could only one thing more people coming to matches. There are so many good ideas put forward that are either ignored or rejected by Thompson. Sums up what is wrong with our club Imogen.
So you complain that ideas are ignored, in a thread that is largely discussing something new the club is trying which is largely being dismissed by our supporters.
Maybe the problem isn't the board...
Diggerthedog

It is certainly not difficult to do it on the day unless your name is Thompson or Adrian it seems.

Here is a voucher and a fiver........walks through turnstile.......job done.

If people can't manage that perhaps they should not allowed out alone in the big bad world or they will get swindled.
Alan

Logistically, to buy a freind for a fiver ticket the website states that you have to show your season ticket and redeem voucher A or B. So that means you cannot buy tickets other than in person. I live a 45 minute drive from the ground. If I do not go to the Trophy game, will I do a 90 minute round trip to get a ticket? No.

The idea is good, but we need to think about making it easier to use.