Letter from the Chairman - 25th November 2016

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mike the Dagger

diggerdagger1 wrote:Mike.....thanks does that website give your address? As would not have a clue how to send them by computer. Also if I posted them to you would you publish them on here there are 12 pages
You need one of those new fangled "scanner" thingies, then you can email them as indicated by the previous poster. I wouldn't publish them without permission from the club though.

Do they state that they are confidential anywhere on them? Does your "contract" as a Member state that you need to keep information confidential? If not, you would be free to publish them if you feel the urge.

I have confirmed that the accounts supplied are for the "Year Ended 30 June 2016", therefore don't include the period when we made a conscious decision to overspend as stated by Steve Thompson in the interview on DiggerDagger.

That they already show a loss of £200k+ after a season we got a decent amount of "windfall" income (FA Cup run etc.), is an indication of the financial hole on its way though.

The Board's proposed solution to that hole of seeking investment, rather than getting spending back into line with income following relegation, is the issue that needs to be resolved. If the "owners" of the club (the Members) disagree with that then they need to vote the board down and replace them.

Or they could abstain, or vote for, or abstain and say they voted for... or vote for and say they abstained... or vote for in the first vote and against in the second. All of those are valid options I think ;)