New Consortium

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Auntie Merge

I'm hearing on the grapevine that three people who got the club into the current mess are planning to be part of a new consortium.

Steve Thompson
Dave Bennett
Chris Smythe

Surely this should not be allowed to happen. As JS said, we need people with drive and ambition; people who have a vision for the club. None of the above fit that category.
diggerdagger1

well said merge......if my fellow members let this happen then that is beyond belief! Not an ounce of remorse from the 3 -Minos. In fact they are walking around without a care in the world and genuinely believe they have done nothing wrong! Apparently Bennett has told some members/fans words to the effect of please trust us we got you into this messs and we will get you out of it! Also heard that there could be more than one consortium bidding. Oh dear if that is true here we go again! If there is more than one bid then they should all be put to the members imo. If the bids are subject to board approval I hope that any board members part of a consortium take notice of what went on before e.g conflict of interest and disclosure of bids to a rival consortium. Hope the east consortium come back in play with some new additional backers. Sorry Minos should read amigos. THOMPSON OUT!!!!!! BENNETT OUT!!!!!! SMYTHE OUT!!!!!!
Voice of reason

Perhaps the possibility to become a member should be opened up before any new consortium puts their bid in
It could be limited to season ticket holders or some similar criteria so that only Daggers fans can join and be eligible to vote
lupins

Personally I am sick of the tittle tattle nudge nudge make it up as you go along unsubstantiated frequent fiction rumour mill which so tainted the previous process
How about less of it, less personal criticism and more facts
Auntie Merge

lupins wrote:Personally I am sick of the tittle tattle nudge nudge make it up as you go along unsubstantiated frequent fiction rumour mill which so tainted the previous process
How about less of it, less personal criticism and more facts
Unfortunately with the 3 people I mentioned in my first post, facts are buried. I haven't been far wrong with my previous 'tittle tattle' so trust me. Otherwise you will never get rid of the people who caused this mess.
lupins

I can't be bothered to argue on your tittle tattle success rate but please don't assume I want the same outcomes that you do either for the Club or individuals
ARNU

Can anyone remember how I used to moan how Dave the plumber was so anonymous and you all gave me stick and told me to leave him alone he was doing a great job and his silent nature was a good thing ?

Maybe now you should ****** off lol !!
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Alan

No, when did you ever complain about that?
diggerdagger1

Lupine......surely ALL daggers fans want what is best for the club? This matter should never ever have been about what is best for individuals imo. Again well done auntie merge from day one she never changed her opinion and was proved right and I would like to thank her for that. Like many others I was for one day and against another day. Personally would love the east consortium plus ward plus Hopkins plus still take over. The 3 amigos (got it right this time) backed tamplin all the way and have got us into this mess. Do I think they can make the right decisions and get us out of this mess......No!!!!!! Would urge them to do the honourable thing and resign from the board
Mike the Dagger

diggerdagger1 wrote:Lupine......surely ALL daggers fans want what is best for the club? This matter should never ever have been about what is best for individuals imo. Again well done auntie merge from day one she never changed her opinion and was proved right and I would like to thank her for that. Like many others I was for one day and against another day. Personally would love the east consortium plus ward plus Hopkins plus still take over. The 3 amigos (got it right this time) backed tamplin all the way and have got us into this mess. Do I think they can make the right decisions and get us out of this mess......No!!!!!! Would urge them to do the honourable thing and resign from the board
Out of interest, do you have any idea of how much time and money Dave Bennett has put into the club over the years?

Am I missing something here, or did you not vote for the change in club constitution on 17th October when the only offer on the table was the Tamplin one? I'm confused what your favoured solution is tbh.

As for Auntie Merge being proved right, I don't think the result of that one is in yet.
diggerdagger1

Good morning Mike.....to answer your 3 points. Yes I do know how much Bennett has put into our club it was mentioned in the final bid from the tamplin consortium. What I don't know is how much of it was his personal money or from compass. Nor do I know how much was sponsorship or donations or loans. As to how I voted well I can assure you I abstained and have already clarified the confusion I caused to Alan in a previous post. I am no whizz on computers and in my advancing years have only just started using them. Two ways to look at auntie merge. Yes she was proved right about tamplin's unsavoury character about that there can be no doubt. The other way is financially and yeas I have seen that billericaynare have signed 5 players already. If he is true to hus word and makes a real go of it that does not mean auntie merge is wrong does it? That really is no way that I personally want someone like him in charge of our club.
Mike the Dagger

diggerdagger1 wrote:Good morning Mike.....to answer your 3 points. Yes I do know how much Bennett has put into our club it was mentioned in the final bid from the tamplin consortium. What I don't know is how much of it was his personal money or from compass. Nor do I know how much was sponsorship or donations or loans. As to how I voted well I can assure you I abstained and have already clarified the confusion I caused to Alan in a previous post. I am no whizz on computers and in my advancing years have only just started using them. Two ways to look at auntie merge. Yes she was proved right about tamplin's unsavoury character about that there can be no doubt. The other way is financially and yeas I have seen that billericaynare have signed 5 players already. If he is true to hus word and makes a real go of it that does not mean auntie merge is wrong does it? That really is no way that I personally want someone like him in charge of our club.
You type really well for a man so old he can't remember how he voted in a key vote the day after he did it.

You clearly stated on here after the meetiing on the 17th October that you had voted "reluctantly" for the proposal and in some detail. Now you are stating you actually were one of the 13 abstainers?

What game are you playing??
As a member I was at the meeting last night. The members were given a straight chose either to vote for or abstain. Tbh there was only one bid on the table and to not vote for it would not bear thinking about. Totally wrong to put the members in this position imo. Comments like the club is surviving on a month to month basis possible administration were used before the vote. I personally was disappointed with some of the members tbh. Some of the questions asked were quite frankly appalling and so irrelevant. Tamplin did not answer the question about the payment of £200000 he promised John still for additional players and staff. Steve Thompson did not give any details of the clubs current financial position when asked. I voted for but did it with great reluctance . Came away thinking I HOPE FOR THE BEST BUT FEAR THE WORST
diggerdagger1

Mike......I abstained. The post was incorrect as I have subsequently explained in s further post to Alan on the same subject. How many more times must I tell you this. I left a sentence out of my original post and it read all Wong. Btw there were not 13 abstained the vote was 37 for 11abstsined and 1 spoilt paper. As for playing games I strongly resent that comment
Mike the Dagger

diggerdagger1 wrote:Mike......I abstained. The post was incorrect as I have subsequently explained in s further post to Alan on the same subject. How many more times must I tell you this. I left a sentence out of my original post and it read all Wong. Btw there were not 13 abstained the vote was 37 for 11abstsined and 1 spoilt paper. As for playing games I strongly resent that comment
Which sentance did you leave out that turns "I voted for but did it with great reluctance" into, "I abstained"?
diggerdagger1

Mike.....the sentence should have read "I voted against with great reluctance for I knew I could be endangering the future of the club but could not vote for tamplin" just checked my written notes and that is what I should have posted