Head Groundsman

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

http://www.daggers.co.uk/news/article/2 ... 41294.aspx

We are offering UPTO 22k for a job as such importance of Head Groundsman.
Now, I know we are currently ONLY non-league – but I cant help but think this is an embarrassing sum to be paying someone to do such a vital, full time role.

Kim Jung Thompson may as well buy himself a Flymo and do the job himself. The dictator loves doing everything else at the club (badly) – one more thing wont hurt.

By the way, anyone know if the Tamplin U13s team are still using the pitch??
Alan

dagger4eva

Well, perhaps I’m deluded but I’d have thought £30k starting would be reasonable for a full time, professional football club.
diggerdagger1

Daggers4eva......yes they still do AND not restricted to Sunday's only. Apparently they have a game at the daggers on Thursday night!!!!!! Anybody in the know why the head groundsman quit?
Diggerthedog

diggerdagger1 wrote:Daggers4eva......yes they still do AND not restricted to Sunday's only. Apparently they have a game at the daggers on Thursday night!!!!!! Anybody in the know why the head groundsman quit?
Sacked he never quit.
Alan

dagger4eva wrote:Well, perhaps I’m deluded but I’d have thought £30k starting would be reasonable for a full time, professional football club.
We are a tier 5 football club, not a premier league side.

http://www.payscale.com/research/UK/Job ... man/Salary
ARNU

Run the flymo round, water it, sling a bit of grass seed down and clear up a few fox turds. I would not pay more than minimum wage for that let alone £430 a week. I bet we got players on less than that.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
diggerdagger1

Serious point re the pitch. We currently have 3 teams playing on it. The pitch looks awful at the moment and will only get worse. Surely with the tamplin deal off then we should tell the boys team to go elsewhere. Tamplin has demanded all of his money back apparently. My understanding is that the boys team playing on our pitch was part of the tamplin deal. So as there is now no deal no brainier imo tell the boys team to go elsewhere. Sunday's were bad enough now midweek as well......unbelievable!!!!!! Starting Thursday that's 4 games on our pitch in 10 days surely that is overuse and the pitch will not recover in time?
SUSSEX DAGGER

ARNU wrote:Run the flymo round, water it, sling a bit of grass seed down and clear up a few fox turds. I would not pay more than minimum wage for that let alone £430 a week. I bet we got players on less than that.
Arnu you at least given me a laugh ,I suppose its all relative, be interested to know how much the bloke is getting paid to look after the current allotment.

At least hope we employ somebody who can grow grass,and as for the problems with the crows well us Country bunkins found a solution to this problem hundred of years ago we call them scarecrows.

Told you it was a mistake getting rid of all that team from last year,if only we had kept one or two of them at least they would now have a use.

All seriousness mind I agree with DFE I would expect somebody who has the answers for what we need comes to a bit more then £430 a week.
Diggerthedog

Barely 900 home fans and that will include the freebies handed out, them wages are looking expensive now.
Alan

If crows are pecking at those areas, put a bloody net over it, like a strawberry patch.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Well down this neck of the woods I know a couple of Game Keepers.

They have come up with a couple of suggestions.

Firstly the idea that these grubs will go with the frost is very unlikely as they existing in their natraul environment.

For the crows and Rooks get a Falconery in and they will scare the things away. After that play a recording of a Bird of Prey over the Stadium PA.

Pity I can't grow grass I would apply
Alan

You mean it isn't Tamplin's kid's fault?
ARNU

Let's get Astro turf then you can save the wages of moley the mole man altogether.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !