rest of the season - predictions

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

I certainly didn't expect us to be entering February in 9th place. 8 points off the playoffs having played at least 1 game more than almost all of the other teams above us. We also have the luxury of being 16, yes sixteen points clear of bottom and 10 clear from 2nd bottom. This cushion SHOULD allow us to play with a bit more freedom.

17 fixtures remain (9 @ home) - a massive 51 points to play for. My predictions give us an additional 27 points and a total of 66. Probably means we will just fall short of the playoffs. Anyone else more optimistic than me or perhaps more pessimistic? Either way I would have taken this position at the start of the season.

Dag & Red 2
Hartlepool 0

Burton 1
Dag & Red 1

Dag & Red 0
Plymouth 0

Dag & Red 3
Mansfield 1

Exeter 2
Dag & Red 1

Bristol Rovers 1
Dag & Red 2

Dag & Red 2
Morecambe 2

Newport 1
Dag & Red 0

Bury 0
Dag & Red 1

Dag & Red 4
Accrington 2

Dag & Red 1
Oxford Utd 1

Wycombe 2
Dag & Red 1

Dag & Red 3
Portsmouth 1

Torquay 0
Dag & Red 0

Dag & Red 1
Chesterfield 2

Dag & Red 1
Northampton 1

Cheltenham 1
Dag & Red 2
chasthedagger

I think there are 12 winable games there, but as we have won 10 so far a bit to optomistic.
speedy

Hope you are right daggers4eva, but realistically i think we are probably looking at around another 20-21 points giving us 59-60 at the end of the season. Much much better then most of us expected at the start of the season.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Given up making any predictions daggers4eva on a game to game basis. Confident that we can maintain our current position and the average of 1.39 points per game which will see us finish with 66 points.

One thing I am certain of however is the points wont come in the games we expect and a lot of our supporters will be very frustrated at the seasons end when we see our record against the best in this League and then compare it against the average and worst.

We have only lost 3 out of 15 games played against the current top 11,that includes the last kick at Oxford and the goal that was that was not at home against Fleetwood. Take them out and you have only the debacle of the first 5 minutes at Fleetwood when we gifted them 2 goals.

Take a bow Mr Wayne Burnett you have stood up and proved the doubters wrong and those who never had the faith have gone very quiet.

9th -12 is a fantastic effort and one that none of us thought possible at the seasons start.
leewilson

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Given up making any predictions daggers4eva on a game to game basis. Confident that we can maintain our current position and the average of 1.39 points per game which will see us finish with 66 points.

One thing I am certain of however is the points wont come in the games we expect and a lot of our supporters will be very frustrated at the seasons end when we see our record against the best in this League and then compare it against the average and worst.

We have only lost 3 out of 15 games played against the current top 11,that includes the last kick at Oxford and the goal that was that was not at home against Fleetwood. Take them out and you have only the debacle of the first 5 minutes at Fleetwood when we gifted them 2 goals.

Take a bow Mr Wayne Burnett you have stood up and proved the doubters wrong and those who never had the faith have gone very quiet.

9th -12 is a fantastic effort and one that none of us thought possible at the seasons start.
Yeah this. If we can keep Norris for the rest of the season and we're lucky on the injury front, then I think we can get a healthy tally in the low to mid 60s. If things go against us a little bit, then we'll likely be in the mid 50s. The last 3 games have been massive for us really. The way our season was going, we could have lost all 3 and been back on 34 points with only 5 points separating us and the drop. As it is, we've taken 5 points which looked very improbable when we were 3-0 down to Scunthorpe and now have 10 points and more importantly 14 teams between us and the drop. It would take an absolute collapse for us to be relegated now. And we won't, not now we've kept our key men and added D'Ath/Norris to the squad.

I know we seem to have done better against better sides but our home record against sides lurking around the bottom half is good what with wins over Wycombe, Bury, Rovers, York and Wimbledon. Only defeats against Cheltenham and Torquay ruin that. We still have Mansfield, Northampton, Portsmouth, Accrington, Morecambe, Hartlepool and Plymouth (hate playing them) to come. If we could win 4-5 of them, that would set us up nicely.

For me our season is made on whether we can beat the poor sides away. We must be one of the worst sides when it comes to playing poor sides away. We tend to always get involved in a scrappy game and concede poor goals. Away games to Exeter, Rovers, Bury, Wycombe and Torquay will likely decide how our season goes. If we dig in and grind like we did away to Accrington, then there's nothing to fear. If we get involved in a rubbish lump it game, then we'll inevitably lose and be frustrated.
dagger4eva

So my prediction of 66 points was bang on then .... IF we keep up the average points per game? :)

That was deceiving when l read those results out coz it'd appeared to me we have done crap against the stugglers, when in truth we havent.

Still some things Burnett n the team does baffle me, exclusion of shields, non dropping of medy, throw ins, however l will take it on the chin n say generally, in the main he has proven me wrong up to now. I was one of the doubters and had balls to tell him so to his face. After last season l very much feared the worst for this year, along with the bookies who had us as stone cold favorited to go down.... and you never see a poor bookie!!
SUSSEX DAGGER

dagger4eva wrote:So my prediction of 66 points was bang on then .... IF we keep up the average points per game? :)

That was deceiving when l read those results out coz it'd appeared to me we have done crap against the stugglers, when in truth we havent.

Still some things Burnett n the team does baffle me, exclusion of shields, non dropping of medy, throw ins, however l will take it on the chin n say generally, in the main he has proven me wrong up to now. I was one of the doubters and had balls to tell him so to his face. After last season l very much feared the worst for this year, along with the bookies who had us as stone cold favorited to go down.... and you never see a poor bookie!!
Well 1 point out the bottom two and loding to that shower down the Coast from here i think is a bit ffsappointing but you cant have it all
Mikins

Thy I think we're finally in for that beloved mid table obscurity we've craved for two years and I accept it like a badge of honour. Whilst enjoying our results ive got my proverbial popcorn out to bid farewell to Northampton and to hope my early season bet comes in and Pompey join them.
Sorry about your damn luck!
USADAGGER nick

I'm thinking night at wembley
SUSSEX DAGGER

Mikins wrote:Thy I think we're finally in for that beloved mid table obscurity we've craved for two years and I accept it like a badge of honour. Whilst enjoying our results ive got my proverbial popcorn out to bid farewell to Northampton and to hope my early season bet comes in and Pompey join them.
Oh Milkins if only your predictions wouls come true. My ultimate joy would be to send the bastards down on April 12th.
dagger4eva

dagger4eva wrote:I certainly didn't expect us to be entering February in 9th place. 8 points off the playoffs having played at least 1 game more than almost all of the other teams above us. We also have the luxury of being 16, yes sixteen points clear of bottom and 10 clear from 2nd bottom. This cushion SHOULD allow us to play with a bit more freedom.

17 fixtures remain (9 @ home) - a massive 51 points to play for. My predictions give us an additional 27 points and a total of 66. Probably means we will just fall short of the playoffs. Anyone else more optimistic than me or perhaps more pessimistic? Either way I would have taken this position at the start of the season.

Dag & Red 2
Hartlepool 0

Burton 1
Dag & Red 1

Dag & Red 0
Plymouth 0

Dag & Red 3
Mansfield 1
Well 1 month on and from the 8 points I predicted we got TWO.

Interestingly, gap from bottom has been cut from 16 points to 11. Thankfully, the gap from 2nd bottom has only been cut by 2 points from 10 to 8.

Stil think we are in for squeaky bum time given some of the fixtures we have coming up!
Lcbdagger

No chance of going down... but the last 5 or 6 games certainly give us a welcome run up the table... especially if Torquay are fighting for their lives by the time we play them.
ARNU

Lcbdagger wrote:No chance of going down... but the last 5 or 6 games certainly give us a welcome run up the table... especially if Torquay are fighting for their lives by the time we play them.
Remember Torquay stuffed us at home when they were bottom or near to it earlier in the season.Hopefully we'll be safe by then but I think we have a team that don't cope too well when the heat is on.York at home last year a perfect example,we only needed a draw and lost.If we are safe by the time we play them we'll do 'em 3-0 or something.

This is what I think might happen...

Exeter 1
Dag & Red 1

Bristol Rovers 0
Dag & Red 1

Dag & Red 0
Morecambe 1

Newport 1
Dag & Red 0

Bury 0
Dag & Red 1

Dag & Red 3
Accrington 0

Dag & Red 1
Oxford Utd 1

Wycombe 0
Dag & Red 1

Dag & Red 1
Portsmouth 1

Torquay 2
Dag & Red 0

Dag & Red 1
Chesterfield 2

Dag & Red 1
Northampton 0

Cheltenham 1
Dag & Red 0

Giving us a further 18 points and safely mid table finish.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Lcbdagger

My apologies... my post did intend to say 'the last 6 games won't give us a run up the table, especially if Torquay are fighting for their lives'.

Sadly forgetting the 'not' made my original post look far more positive than I intended...

I think I said we would be 16th this season... gravitating towards 18th or 19th now but still no fears of going down