Injuries

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Alan

It's important that anyone moaning about yesterday has in mind the players we have out:

Right back: Williams; Left Back: Pennell
Centre back: Doe, Robson
Centre Mid: Robinson, Howell (Boucaud was also suspended yesterday)
Wing: Okenabiherie

Any team would struggle if asked to play a promotion rival without so many first team players.
NBDag

Apart from Pennell- who I understand is out until April-time. Do we actually have any predictions from the club for when these will be back, or even what has actually caused their injuries? I struggle to find things on the website for this, only ever see a passing comment on injuries from Still's pre/post match interviews.
Daggernewbie

NBDag wrote:Apart from Pennell- who I understand is out until April-time. Do we actually have any predictions from the club for when these will be back, or even what has actually caused their injuries? I struggle to find things on the website for this, only ever see a passing comment on injuries from Still's pre/post match interviews.
I agree with you our club is bad at letting us supporters know what going on with injuries or when they are likely to return,at least Boucaud will be back Tuesday.
Diggerthedog

Alan wrote:It's important that anyone moaning about yesterday has in mind the players we have out:

Any team would struggle if asked to play a promotion rival without so many first team players.
Ling too at right back. Think we are doing brilliantly given all the changes.

Why would we let other clubs know who is fit and not gaining the other team an advantage?
Adrian

Diggerthedog wrote:
Alan wrote:It's important that anyone moaning about yesterday has in mind the players we have out:

Why would we let other clubs know who is fit and not gaining the other team an advantage?
We live in a world where people need information all the time regardless of whether or not it is actually useful to them.

Some of our supporters wouldn't have been able to cope when Graham Carr was manager.
Daggernewbie

Diggerthedog wrote:

Diggerthedog don`t you think they already know who`s not playing every week by them missing on the pitch
NBDag

Diggerthedog wrote:

Heck why did we bother announcing the signing of Magnus then? Would have shocked them seeing him run onto the pitch yesterday.
leewilson

I'm sure Gowens takes a hammer to the players in the treatment room. We never seem to have players out for just a week or so. They always seem to be out for months and longer than what the initial prognosis appears.

Curtley Williams for example was injured in August and I'm sure I remember the initial prognosis being between 6-8 weeks. It's now nearly December....
BarkingRambo

I've wondered for years if we should get rid of Gowens. Sweeny Todd seems to be more successful at haircuts than he is getting players fit.

From what I hear from former employees at the club, some of the players have been scared to see him because of his record of making players worse not better so they ignore troubles until it results in a major problem.
ARNU

Still loves an injury prone player. Even bought in rob edmans with a broken leg. Maybe Andy Carrol could come here. Bingham, Howell another couple of his sick bay warmers despite that he's bought Howell again. Maybe still gets his advice from gowans or maybe we don't do due diligence on fitness records. Players aren't indestructible robots but some are more frail than others. Abu was never injured went in hard every time , Bingham only had to fart and his knee or something would go.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
leewilson

ARNU wrote:Still loves an injury prone player. Even bought in rob edmans with a broken leg. Maybe Andy Carrol could come here. Bingham, Howell another couple of his sick bay warmers despite that he's bought Howell again. Maybe still gets his advice from gowans or maybe we don't do due diligence on fitness records. Players aren't indestructible robots but some are more frail than others. Abu was never injured went in hard every time , Bingham only had to fart and his knee or something would go.
You love the Rob Edmans example don't you. If I had a pound for every time I've read that from you.

Still really isn't that bad with bringing in injury prone players. The two seasons we went up, we barely had an injury and had the same 11 for much of the season. Occasionally, he has to take a risk to get a better quality player who's fallen off the wagon due to injuries.

This season has been a freak. I've never known anything like it.
ARNU

leewilson wrote:
ARNU wrote:Still loves an injury prone player. Even bought in rob edmans with a broken leg. Maybe Andy Carrol could come here. Bingham, Howell another couple of his sick bay warmers despite that he's bought Howell again. Maybe still gets his advice from gowans or maybe we don't do due diligence on fitness records. Players aren't indestructible robots but some are more frail than others. Abu was never injured went in hard every time , Bingham only had to fart and his knee or something would go.
You love the Rob Edmans example don't you. If I had a pound for every time I've read that from you.

Still really isn't that bad with bringing in injury prone players. The two seasons we went up, we barely had an injury and had the same 11 for much of the season. Occasionally, he has to take a risk to get a better quality player who's fallen off the wagon due to injuries.

No No No !!

You remember the season where we had your superhero Kevin Maher and how rubbish that was ? Every single game that season Still went on about how many injuries we had as an excuse for every loss,he always punctuated every interview with "I know it sounds like an excuse but blah blah injuries injuries injuries"

You have a short and very selective memory matey.You'll remember the Edmans thing (mainly cos its true and possibly cos I highlight it on occasion) yet you forget the other facts.What about the Arber incident,playing (badly) whilst injured ?

People are blaming the injuries to players who wouldn't be first choice either.Its a big excuse but if you know a player breaks a leg every time he farts you don't sign him Id say.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Adrian

ARNU wrote:
leewilson wrote:

No No No !!

You remember the season where we had your superhero Kevin Maher and how rubbish that was ? Every single game that season Still went on about how many injuries we had as an excuse for every loss,he always punctuated every interview with "I know it sounds like an excuse but blah blah injuries injuries injuries"

You have a short and very selective memory matey.You'll remember the Edmans thing (mainly cos its true and possibly cos I highlight it on occasion) yet you forget the other facts.What about the Arber incident,playing (badly) whilst injured ?

People are blaming the injuries to players who wouldn't be first choice either.Its a big excuse but if you know a player breaks a leg every time he farts you don't sign him Id say.
Brilliant - you accusing someone else of having short and selective memory.
How many of the currently injured players had problems with being injury prone before this season?
Diggerthedog

leewilson wrote:I'm sure Gowens takes a hammer to the players in the treatment room. We never seem to have players out for just a week or so. They always seem to be out for months and longer than what the initial prognosis appears.

Curtley Williams for example was injured in August and I'm sure I remember the initial prognosis being between 6-8 weeks. It's now nearly December....
Williams they tried to fix without Surgery but in the end it needed surgery and he had that hence the longer lay off. He confirmed his a few home games back whilst watching from the Tunnel in TBS. Was due to return to full training a week or so after that. He was injured most of last season at Luton.
Don Beech 3

ARNU wrote: Bingham, Howell another couple of his sick bay warmers despite that he's bought Howell again.

Apparently Bingham was in the stand yesterday so perhaps he may be running out Tuesday unannounced as was suggested on here for Magnus!