Injuries

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mikins

Isn't our training ground infamously crap anyway?

And this is the first time I've heard anyone complain about Gowens's skills, and given the way this place operates if there was even a sniff of incompetence he'd have been put in stocks and flogged at least three seasons ago.

Always good to have a scapegoat though :roll:
Sorry about your damn luck!
NBDag

So there has finally been a post on the website about injuries and this is a quote from it:

"Matt Robinson had an x-ray last week, we assessed him on Saturday and unfortunately he tried to hop and he suffered a fracture of his fibula. He will be seeing a consultant tomorrow to find out what the next step will be for him and hopefully this will be no more than having to wear a protective boot, but we will know for sure next week."

Now I'm not an expert on this sort of stuff. But surely the fact that this happened is pure stupidity on someone's part, as wouldn't an X-ray be able to tell you if someone's shin can take the pressure of hopping? I genuinely am curious as to what the excuse is for this, if there was good reason to believe he could hop.
The Romford Dagger

NBDag wrote:So there has finally been a post on the website about injuries and this is a quote from it:

"Matt Robinson had an x-ray last week, we assessed him on Saturday and unfortunately he tried to hop and he suffered a fracture of his fibula. He will be seeing a consultant tomorrow to find out what the next step will be for him and hopefully this will be no more than having to wear a protective boot, but we will know for sure next week."

Now I'm not an expert on this sort of stuff. But surely the fact that this happened is pure stupidity on someone's part, as wouldn't an X-ray be able to tell you if someone's shin can take the pressure of hopping? I genuinely am curious as to what the excuse is for this, if there was good reason to believe he could hop.
Bloody hell that's ridiculous.
Alan

Not necessarily. X-rays are not always 100% when looking for fractures due to angles, penetration and the nature of an injury. Sometimes only a CT scan will pick up a fracture, or will show clearly a fracture that was subtle and could have been missed by the radiologist who reported the x-ray.
Diggerthedog

Alan wrote:Not necessarily. X-rays are not always 100% when looking for fractures due to angles, penetration and the nature of an injury. Sometimes only a CT scan will pick up a fracture, or will show clearly a fracture that was subtle and could have been missed by the radiologist who reported the x-ray.
I had an Hairline fracture in my wrist it could not be detected on an X-ray.
dagger4eva

We wont ask how that particular wrist injury was caused

:lol:
Phippo

dagger4eva wrote:We wont ask how that particular wrist injury was caused

:lol:
Bet lots of chuckles at this! Certainly made me laugh!