York

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
bloke down the pub

Well done .
SUSSEX DAGGER

Good result and in parts a good performance.

We are all now aware what we are good at and we saw a lot of that first half.
They could not cope with Hawkins throughout . The only way they could deal with him was to foul him and if he don't need a new shirt then we have got away with it. York fans were not far wrong when they said that they could have done without him winning his appeal.

Can't help but think that with him up front Tuesday a trip to Eastleigh would be on in the 2nd round of the Cup.

Bouchard was again a big plus In midfield and thought Young Heard did not do a lot wrong. Gutteridge had his best game in my opinion since he has come back and we were well worth our two nil lead st half time against a York side that did not offer very much in the last third.

Second half was a diffrent story and for 20 minutes we were under the Cosh as we seemed once again. Keen to sit back and protect what we had. York looked far more threatening second half and once again our Goallkeeper was in form. If we have nothing else It is now a close on cert that we have the most strength in this vital department then any other team in this league.

Don't know if Players can be cited but if they can then would not be surprised if the JMD does not get a tap on the shoulder, whatever the player did to warrant the sending off you can't raise your hands in retaliation and certainly can't appear to strike your opponent.

Even at ten men I thought we needed to get somebody on the ball and keep the bloody thing and see the game out , this we failed to do and gave it away far to cheaply on occassions which if punished could have set up a tense last 5 minutes , a situation you could not foresee at half time.

Thought Widowson had another good game and think Hawkibs just about got the mon ahead of him and Doe.

Once again was disappointed with JMD who looks in desperate need of a break. We have asked the kid a lot this season and at the moment appears to just can't find the answer to the question we have set him.

So after last weeks tonking and Tuesday's disappointment we once again bounce back. This game came just at the right time for us .

Well done boys and well done to the 131 Daggers who at least got behind their team in an atmosphere that was more like at times a tennis match then a football match.
Paul from Barking

@Sussex - you see a lot of games and you often post in an erudite, objective way. In your view: Are we good enough to win it? And if not, are we good enough for the play off lottery? Being stuffed 5 at home last week was it something we might have had coming or just an awful game where we were just out of sorts and / or the scoreline flattered them? Or is my view that 12th is likely to be the endgame this term?
SUSSEX DAGGER

Our best 14-15 is on par with anything in this League , they have proved that. Not losing to any of the of the 4 teams in the top 6 that we have played surely proves that.

We are ravaged by injuries and we do chuck in the odd disappointing result. Chester,Sutton , Boreham Wood and Torquay are all games we have lost that in my opinion we could have got something out of . Chester and Torquay were my personal disappointments as Chester was about the only game this season were I don't think we turned up, Things conspired against us at Torquay and how we lost still don't know . We laid siege to their goal untill the sending off of Scott Doe .

My Personal opinion is that we will finish somewhere between 4th and 7th . It's all about weather we can keep digging out results whilst we are in this injury crisis . The key to me is GUTTERIDGE BOUCARD and ROBINSON. Gutteridge looked more like the player today that he was at the start of our season. Bouchard is the big key now ,after last season who would have thought it but we have only lost once with him in the side and these International call ups are a curse. Robinson has been my player of year thus far does all the dirty work so is a massive miss when he is out.

Today you also see how big a player Hawkins is for us , he never gave them a minutes peace and will continue to cause all sorts of problems for Oppossing sides.

So on answer to your question I think it is all about keeping players fit .

Todays win was nice as its another game where big players like Williams , Robinson and Luke Howell won't have in their legs at the end of season when things start to get interesting, that has to be a big factor . After next week I think we have a run of games that look winnable and the loss of some of our bigger players won't be such an issue.

Will be interesting what team we put out in the Trophy as it could be an ideal opportunity to give one or two a well earned rest.

This team can only improve in my opinion and if we can keep it together over the Summer if we should not make it this year then I am really confident that next season this squad will be a whole lot better whatever level they are at.
NBDag

I don't know how you could be disappointed in JMD when he got two assists! But Still has said after the game that he wants to rest him but can't because of our injuries. What I don't understand is why don't we recall Assombalonga from his loan and use him in replacement to bring in some rotation up top?
Adrian

Players can't be recalled from one month loans.
Chigwellian

I don't know whether JMD is desperate for a goal, but yesterday he went down twice in the area far too easily looking for a pen.
if you are reading this jordan. .. stop it!