Get in!!!

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

Wasn't expecting that result.. swear our best performances/results have almost all come against the better sides in the division.

Sets us up lovely for the Monkey Hangers :P
daggersjeff

Excellent 3 points today.....

to cap a good week and relight our play off push!!
HogansHeros

good side when we were at home :D :D :D really happy nice double over a top side this year :D :D :D
ARNU

Nice little touch there boys.I can watch the football league show tonight then.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
dagger4eva

By all accounts Dicksom had a Marvin Morgan v Orient moment, missing an open goal from 3 yards. Thankfully it didnt cost us in the same manner today!!
Lcbdagger

dagger4eva wrote:By all accounts Dickson had a Marvin Morgan v Orient moment, missing an open goal from 3 yards. Thankfully it didnt cost us in the same manner today!!
My first thought today was... How your luck can change higher up the table... Last season that miss ends with a one all draw
SUSSEX DAGGER

Well that was a game of two halves. First we were not at the races in defence Wilko was all over the place and if if was not fpr a wonder save by Lewey amd the miss of the seaaon then they would have been two up in ten minutes. Never looked a threat first half and of it was not for Lawson and Abs we would have been over run. Take a bow Jack Connors he was the only defender who kept his head in the first half when all around were losing theirs.

Second half we were far far better and had a gut feeling one goal should would be enough as i have never seen a team who were in complete control as Rochdale lose their way in the manner they did.

Should have at least doubled our lead ok Medi hits the post through the keepers legs but if he squares it Norris must score and poor old Dicko well only he knows how he hits the Keeper from two yards out.

Lawson D'ath was imense and the work him and Abs got through should get them a reward from the Board Of Trade and Industry.

Superb result ok a bit smash and grab as Rochdale should have been home and hosed but we took pur chance they did not simple as.

It was only thirty seconds but the other welcome sight must be the return of Billy Bingham. Get in there
Last edited by SUSSEX DAGGER on Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Lcbdagger wrote:
dagger4eva wrote:By all accounts Dickson had a Marvin Morgan v Orient moment, missing an open goal from 3 yards. Thankfully it didnt cost us in the same manner today!!
My first thought today was... How your luck can change higher up the table... Last season that miss ends with a one all draw
That was not the worst miss of the game however. That bellongs to he Rochdale lad when Lewy does not hold the ball and he bollons it over from 5 yards with athe Goalkeeper still on the floor.
Lcbdagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
Lcbdagger wrote:
That was not the worst miss of the game however. That bellongs to he Rochdale lad when Lewy does not hold the ball and he bollons it over from 5 yards with athe Goalkeeper still on the floor.
The one man on their team I thought we absolutely didn't want that ball dropping too as well... incredible stuff

Absolutely agree with the comments on Bingham fitting back in and D'Ath growing in to a real quality League Two player. Could take him or leave him when he first signed.

Connors had a brilliant game today... consistency from him and he will be a Championship player by 2016.
NickMurphy

Superb result yesterday in what was overall a pretty poor match. Conditions didn't help again, but it seems like we love playing in the rain. Lewy had another stormer, that save he made in the first half from a Dale header was as good as he's made all season. Well taken goal from us, although it should have been far more comfortable at the end but for Dickson's horrendous miss.

I think Wayne got it pretty spot on yesterday, but I couldn't understand the introduction of Dickson for the life of me. We're 1-0 up with 10 minutes or so to go, and we bring on a not particularly pacey forward who doesn't track back very often - and it showed. The only qualm I have with yesterday.

Jack Connors was immense, easily the best game he's had for us; everything he did in the first half was golden, didn't put a foot wrong. D'Ath was also brilliant in the middle, must have covered every blade of grass on the pitch. With the left-back situation I'd be inclined to go with Femi at home and Connors away given Connors' best performances have tended to come away from Victoria Road this season.

Anyway, a fantastic unexpected win and one that will hopefully propel us on a decent little run.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Lewey seems to specalise with the one going in the postage stamp. Nick. Yesterday was not the first one this year he has stoped. Remember one at Brentford and there have been others.

Think Dicko was introduced just to make the ball stick up top. Funny thing is we created three good chances with him on the pitch the only one i can recall before was the goal.

Think he looks a lot better when he comes on against a tireing defence when the game is half a yard slower.
leewilson

I wasn't at the game but have read a few people saying how Connors had an excellent game and didn't put a foot wrong. Having watched the highlights, he gets skinned twice in the first half for two of Rochdale's best chances. Not saying he didn't have a good game as obviously I can't judge that but it just shows to me that he can improve the defensive side of his game so much. One moment in particular in the highlights where he needlessly dives in and the winger goes round him like he's not there.

Also, I don't think Dickson's miss was quite as bad as made out. He should have scored definitely but I don't think he expected the ball to get to him. It looked like it hit him rather than him hitting it. His anticipation should have been better but I'd regard the Rochdale guys miss to be far worse.
NickMurphy

leewilson wrote:
Also, I don't think Dickson's miss was quite as bad as made out. He should have scored definitely but I don't think he expected the ball to get to him. It looked like it hit him rather than him hitting it. His anticipation should have been better but I'd regard the Rochdale guys miss to be far worse.
It was. A striker of his experience should be anticipating that ball and finishing it off.
Dagdale

Most of us before the game agreed we'd settle for a point here and to come away with three makes it even more of a great weekend, bitterly cold huddled together there but worth every cent when you see what Wayne and the boys are slowly achieving. Really getting worried that were end up selling some of our assets if they carry on gelling like this. Just love this 'never say die spirit' that the team seems to rotate too now. Ended up having a great weekend in Manc Land, and recommend the printworks celebrating a ninth place!
Daggers No 2 Fan

leewilson wrote:I wasn't at the game but have read a few people saying how Connors had an excellent game and didn't put a foot wrong. Having watched the highlights, he gets skinned twice in the first half for two of Rochdale's best chances. Not saying he didn't have a good game as obviously I can't judge that but it just shows to me that he can improve the defensive side of his game so much. One moment in particular in the highlights where he needlessly dives in and the winger goes round him like he's not there.

I was thinking that for both as well. The excellent save that Lewy made came from their player walking past Connors like he wasn't there.
Dickson should have done better with the chance, but I don't think it was bad has been made out, I'm sure I recall other players having similar chances this season for us and not taking them. The Rochdale miss was worse.