Tamplin Interview

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Sounds like he means it. We may of missed a trick here. Definitely gonna have a look at / keep an eye on billericay town. . If he's full of shit it'll.be evident pretty soon I'd imagine. I somehow doubt that much vision money and enthusiasm bowling into Vicky road anytime soon. Gift horse- mouth comes to mind.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
TommyD&R

Maybe if he stated his plans early doors like this with Dagenham he would've got a bit more backing. He's better off doing what he's doing with a smaller club like Billericay but they won't be in the football league within 5 years like he says, doubt they'll even be there in 7 years when he expects to be in League 1 and I also doubt they'll overtake us in every area on and off the pitch in those seven years. Sounds like he's a bit bitter about everything and will be using Dagenham as a yardstick.
stanton101

Good luck to him.
Mike the Dagger

Bloody Phoenix FM giving him a 'favourable' interview....
Daggernewbie

Why are we still bothered about Tamplin he`s gone ?
Voice of reason

Daggernewbie wrote:Why are we still bothered about Tamplin he`s gone ?
This
diggerdagger1

Tommy......well said mate especially your first bit. As I have said before tamplin is adamant that he wanted to speak to the fans from day one but in his words 2 members of the board Bennett and Thompson stopped him. Wonder if that would have stopped the utter nonsense we have had to experience. Personally I would probably have voted no to tamplin after taking everything into account. This board always hide behind the members and to this effect have created the club as a secret society. Still cannot understand why the board chose not to keep supporters up to date with goings on all through the process.why could they not have released regular club statements detailing to supporters information already given to members. Still think that the board need to take a long hard look at themselves and feel some of them should go. To quote John still at the fans forum where is the boards drive and ambition.
The Romford Dagger

Someone on here once said how words on this forum against him wouldn't affect him. They clearly have.

He was slaughtered before getting a chance by many based on his past.

I do wish him well with Billericay
dagger4eva

Clearly things said on the forum / twitter etc. have had an effect - and I don't see that necessarily as a bad thing.

As Tommy rightfully said, had he come out, set out his plans and intentions and made himself personable to supporters from the get go, there is a very high possibility all the animosity and suspicion caused by the Steve Thompson cloak & dagger show would have been avoided and we'd now be talking about him as the new owner.

Anyway, that wasn't the case and I wish him and Billericay well for the future.

Now, just a thought perhaps we can start to get our own house in order and move forward.
Daggernewbie

dagger4eva wrote:Clearly things said on the forum / twitter etc. have had an effect - and I don't see that necessarily as a bad thing.

As Tommy rightfully said, had he come out, set out his plans and intentions and made himself personable to supporters from the get go, there is a very high possibility all the animosity and suspicion caused by the Steve Thompson cloak & dagger show would have been avoided and we'd now be talking about him as the new owner.

Anyway, that wasn't the case and I wish him and Billericay well for the future.

Now, just a thought perhaps we can start to get our own house in order and move forward.
I agree as said earlier and on another post he`s gone let it go now.
JC12

Tamplin said he wanted to take us up to the championship? I've heard of ambition but wow!

He also mentions in the interview he has a 7 year plan with getting winning the league they are in every other season, will be very interesting to see what happens if they stutter along the way.

Hope for Billericay he really is genuine though and it all goes well for them, hate to see any club go under so I wish them all the best, but I won't regret not selling up to him even if it all does go to plan!
ThatRoundThing

Having been born, grew up and worked in Billericay for part of my life I have a soft spot for Billericay Town FC. Even though Tamplin has moved on I will keep an eye on developments at Blunts Wall. The town is a very affluent area and the residents and council have not allowed too much development over many years. The ground is surrounded by agricultural land with a single track country lane leading to a Lawn Tennis Club and then to a small NHS "half way house" caring for elderly recuperating patients many of which sadly won't make it back to their own homes which included my late mother.

I can see his major plans he spoke about coming up against the planning departments brick wall. There are probably some old oak trees, protected animal species, bridal ways, ramblers footpaths, all the usual suspects that normally block redevelopment of a small country town or village. I just can't see him making anything other than minor changes to both the ground and the club's league standing. I am sure that the current owners have explored expansion in the past as they have contacts with local wealthy businessmen. I have a feeling that the current owners are getting rid of a business that is at a standstill and will virtually remain so.

Anyway, as a club we have to move on and we need to get a board assembled that we have confidence in and trust and that we feel can get the right investors in if that's what it seems is needed to survive.
NBDag

Just seen that Tamplin has now set up a Twitter account and is interacting with Billericay Town fans, also used it to publicly call for a fans forum soon. Bit annoying this- something all of us fans were calling for yet for some reason (most likely Thommo's poor PR capabilities) this didn't happen with us. I think the members are wrong for not wanting him in anymore, but that's their decision to make and not mine so I ain't gonna complain. But I can't help but wonder what would be if this approach was taken with us from the outset.
Alan

Maybe he has learned something from his experience here. Hopefully the board have learned something too.