Moving on...York

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ayrisdagger

Tonight was ridiculous. For starters, Oliver Hawkins' recent poor form over the last 2 games and now a sending off would give Benno a lone opportunity up front or Shomari could feature. Justham had the worst goalkeeping performance I have seen this season. Although Cousins conceded 2 tonight, he saved a penalty and going from favouring Justham from the first game of the season to seeing the two keepers could do just as well as each other. I understand that Elliot is a young keeper and keepers have their off days (as we all know) but Saturdays performance and result could effect your team for the next few games, could be till Christmas looking at the injuries that wa have on top of a possible future poor run of form. So my predicted line-up for Saturday looks like this...

GK Cousins
LB Raymond
CB Doe
CB Staunton
RB Widdowson
CM Heard
CM Boucaud
LAM Maguire-Drew
CAM Guttridge
RAM Whitely
ST Benno

1-1
Whitely

Whats your thoughts on tonights result and prediction for forthcoming game vs York
Diggerthedog

You can't drop Justham after one bad game where he had little protection.

Team picks itself nowadays.

Justham
Widdowson
Raymond
Doe
Staunton

JMG
Gutts
Boucard
Whitely

Benson
Barnwell
Daggernewbie

Sorry can`t see the reason having benno on for ninety minutes he can`t jump like he used and his pace is well off ( mind you so are few others ) I would give young White a run out it would do him good use benno as a sub later on or at least start benno and sub him later or anyone else and give a couple of youngsters a run.
Mark

I assume Justham will return and Boucaud will replace Hawkins. Only other possible change I can see is Heard for Hyde.

Big ask to start Barnwell in the league already but maybe we'll do that.

Let's face it it's going to be a struggle with a thin squad and some key players looking absolutely dead on their feet. Ideally you'd leave JMD and Guttridge out but we can't.
Richie

Williams is back in training. Hopefully he's okay to slot in. Keep Widdowson at LB and then allows Raymond to go midfield.
Mark

Probably not a great idea after the injury he had. Doubt physio would advise more than 45 mins.
leewilson

Diggerthedog wrote:You can't drop Justham after one bad game where he had little protection.

Justham
Widdowson
Raymond
Doe
Staunton

JMG
Gutts
Boucard
Whitely

Benson
Barnwell
Well it doesn't pick itself because since when have we gone 4-4-2 this season? You've also completely missed out Scott Heard and I very much doubt Guttridge will be part of a midfield two. There's a number of combos Still could try.

----------------Justham

Widdowson---Doe---Staunton---Raymond

----------------Boucaud----------------------

--------Heard---------Guttridge------------

------------------Whiteley----------------------

--------Benson------------JMD

Wouldn't mind seeing something like that. It negates the width but relies of Widdowson and Raymond to get forward. I think Whiteley's best position is in the hole where he can be found by threaded passes by Boucaud. Get him on the half turn running at defenders with Benson and JMD on the last man. JMD can also drop in when we're defending.
Diggerthedog

leewilson wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:You can't drop Justham after one bad game where he had little protection.

Justham
Widdowson
Raymond
Doe
Staunton

JMG
Gutts
Boucard
Whitely

Benson
Barnwell
Well it doesn't pick itself because since when have we gone 4-4-2 this season? You've also completely missed out Scott Heard and I very much doubt Guttridge will be part of a midfield two. There's a number of combos Still could try.

----------------Justham

Wouldn't mind seeing something like that. It negates the width but relies of Widdowson and Raymond to get forward. I think Whiteley's best position is in the hole where he can be found by threaded passes by Boucaud. Get him on the half turn running at defenders with Benson and JMD on the last man. JMD can also drop in when we're defending.
JMD upfront? Are you mad? Then again you always thought Burnett was a good manager so no surprise. We have been 4-4-2 most of the season, yes we interchange but it's 4-4-2 Still does nothing different. Call it what you want it's a 4-4-2 in stone.
Adrian

Diggerthedog wrote:
leewilson wrote:

Justham
Widdowson
Raymond
Doe
Staunton

JMG
Gutts
Boucard
Whitely

Benson
Barnwell

----------------Justham

JMD upfront? Are you mad? Then again you always thought Burnett was a good manager so no surprise. We have been 4-4-2 most of the season, yes we interchange but it's 4-4-2 Still does nothing different. Call it what you want it's a 4-4-2 in stone.
Have you actually watched a game? It's been 4-5-1 switching to 4-3-3 for most of the season.
stanton101

Diggerthedog wrote:
leewilson wrote:

Justham
Widdowson
Raymond
Doe
Staunton

JMG
Gutts
Boucard
Whitely

Benson
Barnwell

----------------Justham

4-4-2!! Really? :lol: :lol: :lol:
daggersjeff

----------------Justham

--------Hawkins------------JMD

Subs:-
Benno, Cousins and the kids
leewilson

Diggerthedog wrote:
leewilson wrote:

Justham
Widdowson
Raymond
Doe
Staunton

JMG
Gutts
Boucard
Whitely

Benson
Barnwell

----------------Justham

How did that 4-4-2 work out for you yesterday then? Not sure why JMD up front was ludicrous when he played most of his youth career at Brighton in that position. Anyway, take Benson out for Hawkins and shift the formation back to the 4-5-1/4-3-3 we've been playing all season and you have my team. I found your suggestion of Guttridge playing in a midfield two amusing anyway.