You go away and...

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mike the Dagger

All hell breaks loose.

Glenn Tamplin has bought Billericay. I hope all those celebrating running him out of town aren't going to regret it massively down the line.

www.billericaytownfc.co.uk
Mark

Wow their fans must be delighted. Bit like getting kicked out by the missus and jumping in with the first girl who will give you the time of day.
mickeyblue

so he was talking with them same time as US?
in the end our board pulled the plug not anyone else. about time they made a correct decision
but we finished 9th!
BB-Dagger

I cannot believe that he had not been negotiating with Billericay while he was still in the process of buying/investing in us,
I have to admit to being one of the few who made defensive comments about him as I didn't think at the time it was correct
to judge him on his past business failures, but I hold my hands up and am happy to join in with the majority and openly call
him a *****!! it just goes to show that he is just a small time orange wide boy trying to get in anywhere he can seemingly get his
grubby paws on a football club. God help Billericay. (I may review this statement in 5 years when they are in league1) :lol:
diggerdagger1

Mike......no one is celebrating or rubbing people's noses in it. Think we are all relieved he has gone. Aren't you or will you be donning the blue of billericay?
Mike the Dagger

As a Dagger since the 70s it's unlikely that I'll follow a man I've met once to another club and I'd appreciate an apology for the suggestion.

It's clear that the Daggers are now staring into a financial hole and the most obvious way out of that has now disappeared as an option.

I guess we now still have to sell to stay afloat and it will be for less but to the protestors preferred option if that is still available.

If so we still cease being a club without shareholders and are there to be bought or sold at the whim of the owners.
Last edited by Mike the Dagger on Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dagger4eva

Celebrating running him out of town???

Oh yesssss - massively!!

Bloke always was a crook and likely always will be.

Just a shame it took our board (not the members) about 4 months to work out the bleedin' obvious!

Wonder what people would say if they discovered the "club" statement that went out the other day, was written almost word for word My Mr Tamplin so to ensure the crook wasnt made to look stupid.

All I can say is god help Billericay!!
Diggerthedog

Mike the Dagger wrote:All hell breaks loose.

Glenn Tamplin has bought Billericay. I hope all those celebrating running him out of town aren't going to regret it massively down the line.

http://www.billericaytownfc.co.uk
Who ran him out of Town Mike? Never regret not selling your soul.
Diggerthedog

mickeyblue wrote:so he was talking with them same time as US?
in the end our board pulled the plug not anyone else. about time they made a correct decision
They never pulled the plug Tamplin did. He will shaft them.
Auntie Merge

Why on earth should I regret Tamplin going to Billericay massively?

I think we've had a lucky escape.
I'd find it very difficult to support a team with him as Chairman, given his recent conviction.
I wonder how many sponsors would have felt the same?

Good luck to Billericay; I think they'll need it.
(Ps if you know any Billericay fans who aren't happy, please let me know and I'll forward the posters etc on).
Daggernewbie

If it was so simple to buy their shares why come to us ?

Taken from there web site.

Billericay F.C. Club Statement
Published: 13 November 2016
The Club has today received the following statement from Chairman Steve Kent

“I have agreed to sell (subject to contract & completion) my majority shareholding in Billericay Town Fc to Mr Glenn Tamplin. Grant Gordon has also agreed to sell his remaining shares to Mr Tamplin. All parties are keen to complete as soon as possible.

Glenn is a very successful businessman and a former non-league footballer who is keen to take on a non-league football club and move them up the pyramid. He first made enquiries about Billericay several months ago but when an opportunity arose with Dagenham & Redbridge he understandably chose them as his preferred choice.

However, due to difficulties in making a deal happen with a members club Glenn came back to us all the more determined to fulfil his dream at Billericay. So what has been a big loss for Dagenham is now a massive gain for Billericay."

We will up-date with further information in due course.
Diggerthedog

They still in the trophy? Could be a nice little visit to our old pal.
NBDag

Daggernewbie wrote:If it was so simple to buy their shares why come to us ?
Because we were a better prospect
DI Mike Dashwood

Because one is in the Ryman Prem with gates of 400 and three promotions from the FL. The other is one step below the FL with crowds of 1,300. Need we go on??
Mike the Dagger

Auntie Merge wrote:Why on earth should I regret Tamplin going to Billericay massively?

I think we've had a lucky escape.
I'd find it very difficult to support a team with him as Chairman, given his recent conviction.
I wonder how many sponsors would have felt the same?

Good luck to Billericay; I think they'll need it.
(Ps if you know any Billericay fans who aren't happy, please let me know and I'll forward the posters etc on).
If the club is spending as was stated in the Tommo interview then we are potentiality in massive problems fairly quickly.

I agree that getting us in that position before securing the investment is crass by the people that let it happen but we are now staring into the abyss.

If we go bust with all that will bring (including probably being sold to the highest bidder at a knock down price) then we may regret not going with what was on the table.