What's going on?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
NBDag

Not at the game but it's 5-0!! What the piss has happened to bring this on? Shouldn't be losing to any team in this league by that margin.
Adrian

We have a young inexperienced side.
We have quite a few players out injured.
They're actually quite good.

Not sure what he level has to do with anything. We are a National League team. It's quite possible that we will occasionally get hammered by other teams at this level.
Diggerthedog

It's been coming. Next.
NBDag

Course it's possible but it doesn't make it excusable. Been in the top 5 almost, if not all, season so far. No team should be beating us, or any of the other top 5/7 teams by this margin. Understand fatigue and off-days come into play sometimes, but for me I just don't think a scoreline like today's could/should be explained so nonchalantly.
daggersjeff

Ahhhh! so thats where the 50k went!!
Adrian

NBDag wrote:Course it's possible but it doesn't make it excusable. Been in the top 5 almost, if not all, season so far. No team should be beating us, or any of the other top 5/7 teams by this margin. Understand fatigue and off-days come into play sometimes, but for me I just don't think a scoreline like today's could/should be explained so nonchalantly.
It can be explained the way it has been because that's what happened.
They were by no means brilliant, but things went well for them.
Sometimes it does happen.

I've seen us hammer all sorts of teams. Sometimes we've just clicked and it happens.
Last edited by Adrian on Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NickMurphy

We have a whole host of players out, some that aren't playing in their natural position, others have been rushed back when usually they'd get an extra two weeks or so and on top of that due to the injuries we've had no chance to rotate when we've mainly been playing Saturday/Tuesday.

Admittedly I didn't think we'd get thumped this afternoon (although from what I understand it was that 10 minute spell where I can only assume that we, as a young side, lost concentration which did for us), it's not the end of the world. An exception rather than the norm, but we may have to get used to some difficult games and a couple of poor results in the short term while we cope with the situation we have. And no matter how you disguise it, the number of injuries we have is a huge issue at the moment.
RayleighDagger1986

The curse of the "Tamplin"
ARNU

To my mind we were in it 1st half despite their lead. 2nd half the keeper went to sleep for a free kick from about 2 miles out and the ball just breezed past him.Then we just went to shit. Fair play to some of the younger players who kept going but Gutteridge (Who Ive always thought was a passenger) should be stepping up and creating a good example,instead played shit all game. How hes in the team I don't know.Oh and why bring Benson on at all ? Shouldn't even be on the bench. This level is too high for Frankie Raymond and arguably a few of the others,I cant see how he gets a start when the injured return.Gateshead were not a bad outfit and didn't give us any time on the ball,very good on the break too.

To summarise:

We didn't really show up today we missed Boucard for sure.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Sagres

ARNU wrote: We didn't really show up today we missed Boucard for sure.
How times have changed!!
stanton101

Far too many injuries to cope with at the moment. And possibly another two today in ling and Robinson.
Any team would struggle in this position.
Gateshead were a decent side, pressed us at every opportunity and deserved the win, we look a very tired side at the moment and could have done without the trip to Halifax midweek tbh.
Motm on a very poor day was for me whitely, never stopped trying even at 5-0! Guttridge was garbage, gave away a stupid free kick for their 2nd and from then on the wheels came off.
I also fail to see what benson is doing at the club, way way past his prime and a passenger we could do without.
A poor day all round, but not the end of the world.
Adrian

stanton101 wrote:Far too many injuries to cope with at the moment. And possibly another two today in ling and Robinson.
Any team would struggle in this position.
Gateshead were a decent side, pressed us at every opportunity and deserved the win, we look a very tired side at the moment and could have done without the trip to Halifax midweek tbh.
Motm on a very poor day was for me whitely, never stopped trying even at 5-0! Guttridge was garbage, gave away a stupid free kick for their 2nd and from then on the wheels came off.
I also fail to see what benson is doing at the club, way way past his prime and a passenger we could do without.
A poor day all round, but not the end of the world.
If you fail to see what Benson is doing then you must be quite clueless. He's helping the young forwards develop. He's the experience they need around them.
Adrian

ARNU wrote:To my mind we were in it 1st half despite their lead. 2nd half the keeper went to sleep for a free kick from about 2 miles out and the ball just breezed past him.Then we just went to shit. Fair play to some of the younger players who kept going but Gutteridge (Who Ive always thought was a passenger) should be stepping up and creating a good example,instead played shit all game. How hes in the team I don't know.Oh and why bring Benson on at all ? Shouldn't even be on the bench. This level is too high for Frankie Raymond and arguably a few of the others,I cant see how he gets a start when the injured return.Gateshead were not a bad outfit and didn't give us any time on the ball,very good on the break too.

To summarise:

We didn't really show up today we missed Boucard for sure.
Guttridge isn't fully fit and is clearly playing a limited game as a result. He was excellent before he got injured and was a massive influence on Fejiri, JMD and Hawkins.
Good to see that you're starting to turn on the players though. Just what they need.
Raymond has largely done a better job at left back than Widdowson, but a midfielder at full back will get found out eventually.
Diggerthedog

Agree with Adrian here.

The reality of where we are is today.
Daggernewbie

I think we showed how tired some of the players are with all the injuries none of them can be rested but some of the goals where really soft.I wish the club let us know what`s going on with the injured players.