Tamplin has gone

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ThatRoundThing

Well.... None of us saw that coming... I think we did funnily enough.
Mark

Big questions now. We are way over budget. We've signed 5 players and a scout that we didn't plan for. Will Tamplin pay up regardless as Tommo said was agreed?
dagger4eva

Well, he is nothing if not predictable!!

Bishops Stortford - comes to the point of handing over money - PULLS OUT

Daggers - comes to the day of presenting to members (the 1st time) - PULLS OUT

Then, come to the day of meeting supporters (after much stalling) - PULLS OUT - although this time its disguised as members not backing him.

Good riddance and maybe now we can get our club back!

P.S. - im pretty sure this dumping issue had a big effect effect on the change of members' hearts.

Now perhaps, all the decent people from various consortiums can come back around the table and come up with another, viable plan to take club forward. And no Steve, that does not include you!
ThatRoundThing

Did the consortium recently pay a pro rata amount in to a new club account recently, what will happen to that? How much does the club owe to the legal profession so far in this debacle?
Alan

I suspect this conviction tipped the board over the edge, if you pardon the pun.

So, let's see how this gentlemen's agreement to pay the wages and the non-refundable 10% paid to another company work out. Anyone running a book on that?
Westcliff Dagger

Mark wrote:Big questions now. We are way over budget. We've signed 5 players and a scout that we didn't plan for. Will Tamplin pay up regardless as Tommo said was agreed?
This ^

I know people weren't keen but lots of questions to answer!
Diggerthedog

Told you so.........

If any of you think he will pay up your deluded, were ******! It was a gentlemans agreement.

Now its time for Thommo to resign, he agreed this deal.
JC12

Cant figure out if i'm surprised at this news or not!

The forum tonight will certainly be interesting. Big questions as to our plans now with the over-bugeting issue. I Can't See there being anyway Tamplin will continue to pay money now they he isn't taking over.
Daggernewbie

Now how many are going turn up tonight seeing Tamplin pulled out ?
Mikins

I think we've got to look at where the money we need for this season is going to come from now, if Tamplin's pissed off then thats no shock to anyone, but it leaves a gaping hole in our finances that will need filling, and I can imagine it means we'll see Hawkins and co leaving in January at the first offer as well...
Sorry about your damn luck!
BarkingRambo

Lets hope the East consortium haven't been alienated too much and fancy reinvesting again. Otherwise it wont just be the high street with a big January sale.
steeevooo

There are now very interesting (and still worrying) times ahead. Our finances must be brought under immediate control for a start - regardless of whether Tamplin actually honours his gentlemen's agreement or not. Serious questions must now be asked of the Board - they have openly advocated this avenue, and now concede that the Members (i.e. the custodians of the club) will not support their ideal in sufficient numbers...does this then render their positions untenable? It was stated that (at some point down the line) Tamplin and his consortium would look at, and address, the major shortcomings in regard to our off-field activities (or lack thereof) - this still simply has to be addressed. These are only a few of the many issues which need to be clarified and answered - I am sure that there will be many interesting (and potentially awkward) questions raised this evening.
BrexitDagger

Face facts, the Tamplin & Co. consortium were kicked out because they finally realised they were dealing with a complete crook.

The excuse that they'd received a few phonecalls from members to say they suddwntly wouldnt be backing the change of constitution is a complete nonsense. And even if said phonecalls had been received, would that really warrant calling off the vote at this stage?

Imagine the government had tried to call off the referendum 1 month before vote day off the back of a few negative polls.

The board, particularly Thompson & Bennett are a joke and their positions must be deemed untenable.
Mikins

BrexitDagger wrote:

The board, particularly Thompson & Bennett are a joke and their positions must be deemed untenable.
So are you calling for a Dagxit referendum then?
Sorry about your damn luck!