Tamplin has gone

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

How much have we overspent on this shambles. Lawyers/solicitors are very expensive per hour and it must have been racked up, offer them a free stand sponsorship Thommo as one has just become available :lol: :lol:
bloke down the pub

We need to get more supporters back . How do we do that ? [1] Home supporters in the new stand. [2] improve the food in the ground .[3]Improve the bars . What do you think .
daggersjeff

I am unable to get to the meeting tonight.

Would someone who is going please ask the question:-

As John Still had financial committment in the Tamplin consortium, where does he stand now with the club?

Many Thanks.
Chigwellian

Well done the Tampexit 60... We really made a difference that night
Alan

Aren't the questions:

1. Has the club received reassurances that the "gentlemen's agreement" to pay the wages of Benno et al will be honoured?
2. Will the non-refundable 125k be transferred from The new company to the club?
3. Given the statements previously made as to the club finances, are we able to continue with the current outgoings?
4. If the answer to any of the above is no, what action do the club plan to take?
DaggerMaulks

I hope tonight's meeting doesn't turn into a victory parade now that tamplin has gone, but instead hope that some very important questions are asked and we are at least given some truthful answers so we can evaluate where we go from here.

Everything this year on the pitch has been fantastic.

All the stuff off the pitch has been completely the opposite. I just hope this doesn't effect the above too much in the near future.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Two interesting points here that have been raised.

Either our Manager has spunked 5k of his own money or we have been mislead. Very serious situation because I can't think he is going to be to pleased about that.His employers encouraging him in the way they have then there then becomes a breach of trust that must exsist between a employer /employee.

If he shrugs that off as one of those things then the money he needs to finish what he started ain't going to be there . One way or another would not surprise me in the least if we end up looking for a new Manager.

Secondly if the rumours were ever true is this the last we will hear of Mr Tamplin ?

If the romours are true then I fancy a football Club will be going very cheaply shortly and he could end up getting complete control via an administrator . This will be accomplished at a very knock down price which will not need the approval of Members , fans or the Board . Also if we are heading down the toilet and the money pledged is not gureenteed then who becames one of our biggest creditors , you guessed it Mr Tamplin.
Adrian

How does Tamplin become a creditor?
Westcliff Dagger

Alan wrote:Aren't the questions:

1. Has the club received reassurances that the "gentlemen's agreement" to pay the wages of Benno et al will be honoured?
2. Will the non-refundable 125k be transferred from The new company to the club?
3. Given the statements previously made as to the club finances, are we able to continue with the current outgoings?
4. If the answer to any of the above is no, what action do the club plan to take?
Mmm has Glenn ever discussed the "Gentlemans Agreement?" as a businessman can he just say no as we didn't keep to our end of the bargain? I.e was the agreement " I"ll give you xx if I get control"?

I guess that's the issue with those kind of deals in modern business, we don't know the full extent of th conversation and there is no legal agreement for him to honour his commitment I would imagine?

Good questions, hope Tommo can answer them
Westcliff Dagger

DaggerMaulks wrote:I hope tonight's meeting doesn't turn into a victory parade now that tamplin has gone, but instead hope that some very important questions are asked and we are at least given some truthful answers so we can evaluate where we go from here.

Everything this year on the pitch has been fantastic.

All the stuff off the pitch has been completely the opposite. I just hope this doesn't effect the above too much in the near future.

Well said :D
SUSSEX DAGGER

If the money is repayable if the deal falls through .

The term Genhlemens agreement was used , what happens if he stops being a Gentleman.

As I said before I have no axe to grind and can't even say what ever is the best interest of the Club is the way forward as it was all speculation and no hard facts.

The whole thing has turned into a charade

A Man who was respected if not liked has been pilloried

People who have served this Club we'll have been ousted

A Chairman who only tried to do his best had to step down.

The Manager became embroiled in the row.

A very good team has not had the praise it deserves because this was festering behind the scenes.

And we are exactly were we started with only People's Chatactors questioned.

The whole thing is a pantomime, just glad we are back as we we where to be honest and hope that who said what by who can be forgotten and this Club can go back to how it was.
Adrian

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:If the money is repayable if the deal falls through .

The term Genhlemens agreement was used , what happens if he stops being a Gentleman.

As I said before I have no axe to grind and can't even say what ever is the best interest of the Club is the way forward as it was all speculation and no hard facts.

The whole thing has turned into a charade

A Man who was respected if not liked has been pilloried

People who have served this Club we'll have been ousted

A Chairman who only tried to do his best had to step down.

The Manager became embroiled in the row.

A very good team has not had the praise it deserves because this was festering behind the scenes.

And we are exactly were we started with only People's Chatactors questioned.

The whole thing is a pantomime, just glad we are back as we we where to be honest and hope that who said what by who can be forgotten and this Club can go back to how it was.
The gentlemans agreement was in respect to him paying for things. He does not become a creditor if he doesn't pay that. As it currently stands, he's put nothing into the club that would be owed to him.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Thought they all had to pay a lump of money last month.

All done under the guise of a Gentlemens Agreement. Lets hope that there is no comeback
Adrian

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Thought they all had to pay a lump of money last month.

All done under the guise of a Gentlemens Agreement. Lets hope that there is no comeback
There was nothing about a gentlemans agreement. It was their investment into the new ltd company. It was also described as non-refundable.
Further to that, if it was in anyway refundable, the new company became the creditor of the club as soon as the money was paid over, not as a result of any changes.
Alan

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Thought they all had to pay a lump of money last month.

2 separate things:

1 was gentlemens agreement to cover wages made before the takeover; the other was to pay 10% non-refundable, which was recorded in the books of the new company not the club.