Dave something.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
matt_drfc

http://www.barkinganddagenhampost.co.uk ... _1_3085831 good enough hello in my opinion.. But who actually cares lol
Daggers No 2 Fan

ARNU wrote:
Daggers No 2 Fan wrote:He's been with the club for years. He didn't need to say hello - plenty of people already knew who he was.

But would the interview in the Dagenham Post the week after he took the portion cover saying hello early enough for you?
Its been 23 years since I last lived in Dagenham so I wouldn't have seen any local rags would I ? You keep bickering with me but I already heard your point.You have not persuaded me that this man did the right thing by keeping a low profile for so long.Further to that you seem to think it was not a public relations opportunity he could have taken advantage of.There fore I cant help but think he didn't give a monkeys about the fans.He might well be a fantastic plumber for all I know,aint slow in advertising the plumbing side of things is he ?

Let's go back to your original question - is anyone going to interview the new chairman?
The answer to your question is yes - he has been interviewed for both our own programme and in the Barking and Dagenham Post.
That you have failed to notice these isn't the fault of Dave Bennett or anyone else at the club. The interview in the B&D Post can be found by googling Dave Bennett Dagenham - hardly rocket science.

So essentially, you've asked a question, been given answers that don't really back up your need to then have moan, so you've had moan anyway. And then y
You should probably try having a read of the interviews - you might then realise that someone who has been involved with the club for a long time and put a decent some of money in as sponsorship isn't going to not care.
Daggers No 2 Fan

ARNU wrote:
Daggers No 2 Fan wrote:He's been with the club for years. He didn't need to say hello - plenty of people already knew who he was.

But would the interview in the Dagenham Post the week after he took the portion cover saying hello early enough for you?
Its been 23 years since I last lived in Dagenham so I wouldn't have seen any local rags would I ? You keep bickering with me but I already heard your point.You have not persuaded me that this man did the right thing by keeping a low profile for so long.Further to that you seem to think it was not a public relations opportunity he could have taken advantage of.There fore I cant help but think he didn't give a monkeys about the fans.He might well be a fantastic plumber for all I know,aint slow in advertising the plumbing side of things is he ?

Let's go back to your original question - is anyone going to interview the new chairman?
The answer to your question is yes - he has been interviewed for both our own programme and in the Barking and Dagenham Post.
That you have failed to notice these isn't the fault of Dave Bennett or anyone else at the club. The interview in the B&D Post can be found by googling Dave Bennett Dagenham - hardly rocket science.

So essentially, you've asked a question, been given answers that don't really back up your need to then have moan, so you've had moan anyway. And then you moan about someone else 'bickering' with you. It takes two to tango sweetheart.
You should probably try having a read of the interviews - you might then realise that someone who has been involved with the club for a long time and put a decent some of money in as sponsorship isn't going to not care.
ARNU

Yeah but your first input to this thread NO2 basically said I should meet him in a bar then you questioned how many other chairman gave interviews...to which I replied many and gave instant examples.You've since wittered on about Barry Fry not being a chairman when he clearly was and other than that aimed more personal insult.Everybody else answered in a friendly manner,some even agreeing with you.You have still to explain why it would be a bad idea for him to address all his clubs supporters rather than just the ones who frequent bars or who still buy a local paper.Maybe this is just another example of the club not having great advertising/public relations awareness.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Daggers No 2 Fan

ARNU wrote:Yeah but your first input to this thread NO2 basically said I should meet him in a bar then you questioned how many other chairman gave interviews...to which I replied many and gave instant examples.You've since wittered on about Barry Fry not being a chairman when he clearly was and other than that aimed more personal insult.Everybody else answered in a friendly manner,some even agreeing with you.You have still to explain why it would be a bad idea for him to address all his clubs supporters rather than just the ones who frequent bars or who still buy a local paper.Maybe this is just another example of the club not having great advertising/public relations awareness.

I did not say that you should meet him in a bar. It was Mike that mentioned that he can be found in the bar. I raised the question as to how many football club chairman could even be approached in a bar when you moaned at that point.
I was simply pointing out that Barry Fry is no longer a chairman. If you want to take that as a personal insult, then that's your own problem

Can you point out where I've said it would be a bad idea for him to address all of the clubs supporters? You can't, because I haven't said it. On that basis, you'll be waiting for a heck of a long time for an explanation of why it is a bad idea.

Let's get this straight shall we. You've got the hump because you wanted to have a winge and have been found out yet again. He's given two interviews in two perfectly good mediums for reaching our support. As already pointed out, the B&D Post article is available to the whole world for nothing on the internet. It's your own fault if you can't work out how to find it.
ronaldaggero

Go Arnu ! Go! Lol. Light the blue touch paper and stand well back :) , I like your style.

I'm sure he was introduced at one of the home games but personally I'm not bothered , I'm more interested in what the manger/coach/players have to say. I don't have Daggers player so wouldn't catch his interview anyways.
Unless he is going to inject millions or ££££££ into the club , it's all a bit , well , like business as usual.

Having said that , a short statement on the website wouldn't hurt . I understand your point and it may be important to some but not all .

I'd be interested in hearing what he has to say about the new roof at the Bury Road end
ARNU

ronaldaggero wrote:Go Arnu ! Go! Lol. Light the blue touch paper and stand well back :) , I like your style.

I'm sure he was introduced at one of the home games but personally I'm not bothered , I'm more interested in what the manger/coach/players have to say. I don't have Daggers player so wouldn't catch his interview anyways.
Unless he is going to inject millions or ££££££ into the club , it's all a bit , well , like business as usual.

Having said that , a short statement on the website wouldn't hurt . I understand your point and it may be important to some but not all .

I'd be interested in hearing what he has to say about the new roof at the Bury Road end
I started this thread off a bit tongue in cheek which the intelligent amongst the forumites(including your goodself Ronald)could see immediately knowing my M/O.I felt it strange that he hadn't been interviewed by the Daggers player mob considering they interview everyone else even the groundsman.I was present when the new chairman gave us all a quick wave at the home game v ??? but that's the last I heard from him.Daggers No2fool would have a row in a phonebox on his own if he could so obviously this was like a red rag to a bull to him.Basically I found it a bit odd that he hadn't made a more noticeable entrance.That is all.As for the roof....one day mate,they'll want to call it the ARNU BURY ROAD END,but I'll let 'em call it the Tony Roberts Stand.
Daggers No 2 Fan

ARNU wrote: I started this thread off a bit tongue in cheek which the intelligent amongst the forumites(including your goodself Ronald)could see immediately knowing my M/O.I felt it strange that he hadn't been interviewed by the Daggers player mob considering they interview everyone else even the groundsman.I was present when the new chairman gave us all a quick wave at the home game v ??? but that's the last I heard from him.Daggers No2fool would have a row in a phonebox on his own if he could so obviously this was like a red rag to a bull to him.Basically I found it a bit odd that he hadn't made a more noticeable entrance.That is all.As for the roof....one day mate,they'll want to call it the ARNU BURY ROAD END,but I'll let 'em call it the Tony Roberts Stand.
You are the only poster on here capable of posting tongue in cheek and you certainly aren't ever involved in arguments are you.
You definitely don't get strung along yourself and end up complaining about others making things personal.
Nope. Couldn't possibly the case. Definitely not.
ARNU

Daggers No 2 Fan wrote:
ARNU wrote: I started this thread off a bit tongue in cheek which the intelligent amongst the forumites(including your goodself Ronald)could see immediately knowing my M/O.I felt it strange that he hadn't been interviewed by the Daggers player mob considering they interview everyone else even the groundsman.I was present when the new chairman gave us all a quick wave at the home game v ??? but that's the last I heard from him.Daggers No2fool would have a row in a phonebox on his own if he could so obviously this was like a red rag to a bull to him.Basically I found it a bit odd that he hadn't made a more noticeable entrance.That is all.As for the roof....one day mate,they'll want to call it the ARNU BURY ROAD END,but I'll let 'em call it the Tony Roberts Stand.
You are the only poster on here capable of posting tongue in cheek and you certainly aren't ever involved in arguments are you.
You definitely don't get strung along yourself and end up complaining about others making things personal.
Nope. Couldn't possibly the case. Definitely not.
You still here ? I thought you'd surrendered on this one.I rarely have arguments,differences of opinion yes and I might be devils advocate occasionally.At least things happen when Im about.Go back on the old forum and see 4 days without a post on a regular basis.Whats the point of that ? Just wait till I get my roof then you'll see !! Mwoi ha ha ha!!!
ronaldaggero

ARNU wrote:[quote.As for the roof....one day mate,they'll want to call it the ARNU BURY ROAD END,but I'll let 'em call it the Tony Roberts Stand.
So Arnu , do you still have spare dosh to invest in this project ? Perhaps when you are having a drink with "Dave something" the plan can be hatched. The Bury Rd end certainly doesn't do anything for our image and does need attention , something grander than just a corrugated roof , do you think they could get planning permission to go back a bit further than where the fence is ? , maybe a Bar where the container/old programme shop used to be . Tony Roberts stand , sounds good to me :)
dagger4eva

Ronaldaggero - yo've actually come up with a good idea there.

I know that no drinks of an alcoholic nature are allowed to be drunk in view of the pitch BUT there is plenty of effectively just waste ground behind the Bury Road End terrace. Think it used to be used for some of the pitch maintenance gear but now just a load of abandoned advertising boards clog it up.

A nice bar could be built on this area - going round to where that old programme hut was with no problems I'm sure! Would cost abit in the 1st instance but I'd have absolutley no doubt whatsoever it would soon make the money back + profit in the long run.
ARNU

I miss Adrian telling me it would cost at least 3quarters of a million to build a roof of the cheapest kind ala Wimbledon or even that crap thing in the corner at Underhill. Fill it up with seats put a roof over it and build a decent Bar/eating/area for home fans there.Then...make it the away end entered Via bury road and give daggers the TBS...Simples.
Mark

Totally against making 3 sides of our ground seating but would welcome a cover.
matt_drfc

Mark wrote:Totally against making 3 sides of our ground seating but would welcome a cover.
Agree 100%
ARNU

Its not like there aint room for all the standing folk is it ?